PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Update - Why we are still in the UK

tinker88
20-08-2013, 10:18
so, we were all set to be moved for September, but after selling most of our worldy possessions, my horses, etc we realize exactly how dire the whole Spanish recession actually is - so although we have "cut down" alot we are not purchasing anything else in the UK and sitting tight and earning until things seem to improve over in Tenerife ... and spain. We will have a long holiday over xmas out there and no doubt do more research etc, but for now the move is just not right for us at this moment in time.

9PLUS
20-08-2013, 10:29
Yes of course that best thing would be to purchase in boom times cause it's the best move one could ever make.

Suzanne
20-08-2013, 18:14
A very wise decision, well done.

Harmonicaman
20-08-2013, 18:34
Yes of course that best thing would be to purchase in boom times cause it's the best move one could ever make.

http://i.imgur.com/uvz02.gif

TOPGUN77
20-08-2013, 20:46
I will have to disagree now is the best time to move there are bargains to be had.We moved here just over 2 months ago and purchased a 3 year old town house 3 bedrooms master bed with ensuite,walk in wardrobe,balcony wirh sea and mountain views,seperate shower room and downstairs toilet,Huge lounge with 2 patio doors.Fantastic roof terrace with views to die for.also has a garage.This was on the market for 200,000 euros we got it for !20,000 and timed it right when the euro was good,the house worked out to around £101,000.What with everything so much cheaper than the uk we manage to live well on our pensions and still have the money from our house sale earning 3.75% in our Spanish bank account.

9PLUS
20-08-2013, 23:08
There's some great bargains out there ask any estate agent

x

slodgedad
20-08-2013, 23:13
I will have to disagree now is the best time to move there are bargains to be had.We moved here just over 2 months ago and purchased a 3 year old town house 3 bedrooms master bed with ensuite,walk in wardrobe,balcony wirh sea and mountain views,seperate shower room and downstairs toilet,Huge lounge with 2 patio doors.Fantastic roof terrace with views to die for.also has a garage.This was on the market for 200,000 euros we got it for !20,000 and timed it right when the euro was good,the house worked out to around £101,000.What with everything so much cheaper than the uk we manage to live well on our pensions and still have the money from our house sale earning 3.75% in our Spanish bank account.
Easy to say if you have retirement in mind but if not it is by far the worst time to move here to start a new 'working' life.

TOPGUN77
20-08-2013, 23:20
Easy to say if you have retirement in mind but if not it is by far the worst time to move here to start a new 'working' life.
All depends on what skills you have .

princessmonika
21-08-2013, 07:37
to buy now and retire is the best --:sunbathe:- but for work well????????

andy pandy
21-08-2013, 14:51
We are renting for one year and will be looking to buy later. We have the keys to our rental on the 1st September and can't wait as fed up to the teeth of TAXES AND MORE TAXES and weather in the UK. We love Tenerife and the people we have met are very friendly and of course the Forum has been really good in telling us many things. Thanks to all on the Forum. May see you all around once we live there permently.

princessmonika
21-08-2013, 14:54
we have taxes here in tenerife as well-- weather yes--where will you be living??

LUCKY
21-08-2013, 21:37
We are renting for one year and will be looking to buy later. We have the keys to our rental on the 1st September and can't wait as fed up to the teeth of TAXES AND MORE TAXES and weather in the UK. We love Tenerife and the people we have met are very friendly and of course the Forum has been really good in telling us many things. Thanks to all on the Forum. May see you all around once we live there permently.
How can you be fed up of the weather in the uk , have you not read my daily reports ( sometimes i think i am wasting my time) we are having a wonderfull summer in the uk . the weather is spot on for my ferret breading season ! :flatcap:
:feret::feret::feret::feret::feret::feret::feret:: feret::feret::feret::feret::feret::feret::feret::f eret::feret::feret::feret::feret::feret::feret::fe ret::feret::feret::feret::feret::feret::feret::fer et