PDA

View Full Version : Other Live betting here in Spain

timmylish
22-08-2013, 11:42
What might appear to be a really daft question but I want to get to the bottom of this, urgently!
Years ago I understood that you could not (well officially that is) open an on line betting a/c with a Spanish address and of course bookies in pubs was eventually clamped down on, certainly on Tenerife. So guys what is the real answer. Is it legal in having an a/c with say Ladbrokes in the UK whilst being a resident of Spain?

junglejim
22-08-2013, 12:00
There was a shop across from Rovers at Laguna 1 that you could do this with last year Timmy , I don't bet so never used it .
As Ian Black says "Simply the Bets!"

AL JAY
22-08-2013, 12:54
Take a look here timmy...

http://www.sportsbettingonline.net/spain/

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I have made bets in Tenerife using my phone but obviously have a UK address!

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

it seems you can now on the William Hill site,look on the left hand side highlighted in yellow!

http://www.betshoot.com/bookmakers-reviews/william-hill-review/

cressrt
22-08-2013, 15:03
We used to have a William Hill account but had to close it as it was co.uk, now have one with 365.es. If you try to go online in Spain, you will be directed to a .es version of the company. no problem setting up an account, however all winning are subject to tax, I believe that is why you can only use .es sites here.

AL JAY
22-08-2013, 16:16
We used to have a William Hill account but had to close it as it was co.uk, now have one with 365.es. If you try to go online in Spain, you will be directed to a .es version of the company. no problem setting up an account, however all winning are subject to tax, I believe that is why you can only use .es sites here.

Yes that William Hill site directs you to their .es site, I think its the same with all the leading online bookies now,Real Madrid are sponsored by BWIN which is one of the big online betting sites,that would have been unheard of a few years ago ;)