PDA

View Full Version : Advice wanted Is this offer from Resort Promotions too good to be true?

tub
23-08-2013, 19:50
HI does anyone know of a firm called resort promotions the wife filled a questionnaire in at the airport as we left in may and this firm contacted her to offer us a weeks stay at aguamarina hotel at a very low cost and being the suspicious sort thought it could be a scam any help would be appreciated in this matter thanks in anticipation

Harmonicaman
23-08-2013, 20:04
Have a look here (http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110929094614AAFZhAU). Google is your friend...

marbro8
23-08-2013, 20:09
HI does anyone know of a firm called resort promotions the wife filled a questionnaire in at the airport as we left in may and this firm contacted her to offer us a weeks stay at aguamarina hotel at a very low cost and being the suspicious sort thought it could be a scam any help would be appreciated in this matter thanks in anticipationif it's anything to do with questionnaires at the airport it's probably time share;) as it says in the link by HM as long as you are strong willed and not easily intimidated then it is a good way of getting a cheap holiday, but i have heard horror stories from people that have thought they can outsmart these salespeople,from being thrown out of the resort,or being charged for the holiday at a premium, or just generally pestered every hour of every day of the break, needless to say you have to be pretty brazen and hard faced to stick it for a week, it certainly wouldn't be my idea of a holiday, we get enough pestering from the street and bar hawkers as it is;)

theslaters
23-08-2013, 21:25
We took one of these holidays first time we came to Tenerife we stayed at the apartments behind Harley's ended up with a ok apartment but sales guys were ok just said we needed to give him a hour sometime in our week normal best friend rep ever better friend manager we don't do there deals for everyone type of bloke all sounds great until the money...HOW MUCH !!!!!THANKS BUT NO THANKS there were fine even better Darcey our little one was only 3 month old and even she know its was a bad deal.i would do it again cheap holiday for a hour of looking glazed over.

golazzo
23-08-2013, 21:32
I've seen first hand how these reprobates work and I can assure you it's not nice. Having stayed at such resorts has Beverly Hills, Hollywood Mirage and seen first hand the lengths they go to.

If it looks a bargain, then there's a reason behind it. I still get calls to this day asking would I like to come out for a week. I simply tell them I'd rather pay over the odds than use their services.

Avoid at all costs.

woolli
23-08-2013, 23:10
if it's anything to do with questionnaires at the airport it's probably time share;) as it says in the link by HM as long as you are strong willed and not easily intimidated then it is a good way of getting a cheap holiday, but i have heard horror stories from people that have thought they can outsmart these salespeople,from being thrown out of the resort,or being charged for the holiday at a premium, or just generally pestered every hour of every day of the break, needless to say you have to be pretty brazen and hard faced to stick it for a week, it certainly wouldn't be my idea of a holiday, we get enough pestering from the street and bar hawkers as it is;)
Hi Marbs, there is a company who work airside doing surveys for the government. With regards to Resort Promotions, never heard of them, and most definately dont work airside. Or so im told!
My advice would be if you want a cheap holiday, go for it, providing you can stand a few hours at a presentation. If not dont do it. Simple.

murph
24-08-2013, 01:44
There's a whole thread dedicated to this here ... http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?24527-Silverpoint-timeshare-reps-are-canvassing-at-the-airport

jack oakley
24-08-2013, 01:49
Don't go near them unless you have a live cattle prod, there is no such thing as a 'cheap' holiday.. 90% of the timeshare leaches are quite simply rip-off merchants and 98% of holiday club marketing companies are even worse. Time and time again I have heard the old cliché "if you are thick skinned and think you can resist high pressure selling take the bait and you'll get a cheap holiday",!! Bull---- , the insidious parasites that concoct these scams do so after long, tedious, and precise planning and they have well rehearsed contingencies for people who believe they can beat them, don't try you will lose. They will go to despicable lengths to get you're money, RESIST the temptation.

LUCKY
24-08-2013, 10:52
:feret: My advice is to go . But be strong willed its only for 90 mins or so, I have found these presentations to be fun. :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

TOTO 99
24-08-2013, 11:01
You'd have to be pretty desperate to take up one of these just because you may / may not get a cheap holiday out of it.

I'd rather not bother..

Under no circumstances would I go somewhere I didn't want to go, just to listen to someone I don't want to listen to...:redcard:

anto3
24-08-2013, 20:02
Met a lots of people who get these free holidays in Hollywood Mirage. Okay it you are not stupid enough to sign anything.

Harmonicaman
24-08-2013, 20:14
Obviously they must get a high percentage of people who DO sign or they wouldn't be able to afford to offer the holidays in the first place! Stay well clear is my advice, not everyone is as strong-willed as they think.

sundownersvince
25-08-2013, 13:48
If you are really lucky you may end up actually staying in Aguamarina, I suspect you may end up a bit further up the hill.........

essexeddie
25-08-2013, 17:47
Is it worth it, not what I would call a holiday,

LUCKY
25-08-2013, 17:59
If you are really lucky you may end up actually staying in Aguamarina, I suspect you may end up a bit further up the hill.........

Were you serious about been lucky? I have stayed at the Aguamarina. it had the biggest terrace i have ever seen. lovely place.:flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

murph
25-08-2013, 18:06
Is it worth it, not what I would call a holiday,

Not suure what you mean by 'not what I would call a holiday.

We have done two or three of these over the years,enjoying 2 weeks in a five star complex for between £69 and £199 and a week for £49

Ok, You have to attend a presentation and sometimes they get a bit pressurised, but they are there to sell and have to go through a routine that means they don't sell more often than they do sell - very frustrating.

So, as long as you don't sign anything and go in knowing exactly why your are doing, it it is fine and we have seen some fantastic complexes into the bargain

essexeddie
25-08-2013, 19:38

We have done two or three of these over the years,enjoying 2 weeks in a five star complex for between £69 and £199 and a week for £49

Ok, You have to attend a presentation and sometimes they get a bit pressurised, but they are there to sell and have to go through a routine that means they don't sell more often than they do sell - very frustrating.

So, as long as you don't sign anything and go in knowing exactly why your are doing, it it is fine and we have seen some fantastic complexes into the bargain

Exactly.

TOTO 99
25-08-2013, 19:49
Horses for courses by the look of it then...as I've said previously, I'm not that desperate.

I wouldn't want to board a plane knowing I had that crap ahead of me.

murph
26-08-2013, 00:29
Horses for courses by the look of it then...as I've said previously, I'm not that desperate.

I wouldn't want to board a plane knowing I had that crap ahead of me.

As you say, horses for courses, and without wishing to labour the point, it costs between £350 and £450 per week to stay in a 2 bed apartment on a nice complex for me the missus and 3 kids.

Saving £700 on a two week holiday, for the sake of losing half a day is well worth it!

tub
26-08-2013, 19:02
thanks for the advice just as i thought to good to be true will leave well alone

wendle
26-08-2013, 20:00

Totally agree, I have been on three of these types of holidays in the past 2 years, in fact I will be back in Tenerife the first week on September, and have worked out at a average cost of £80 per week, yes you do have to attend a presentation, but I have never been kept more that 2 hours and so far have not been pressured in any way to sign up for anything, they put there point and I put mine, after the presentation I have so far never been bothered at any other time on my holiday. I have just been offered another 4 weeks for £300 which I am seriously concidering.

starling
26-08-2013, 20:11
Not exactly sure ..... my thoughts are Club la Costa????? BEWARE!

essexeddie
26-08-2013, 20:20
Well done. Spend your money on a proper holiday not a cheapskate one.

golazzo
26-08-2013, 21:16
Not exactly sure ..... my thoughts are Club la Costa????? BEWARE!

Oooohhhh in Torvicas Alto. Nasty piece of work

murph
26-08-2013, 21:50
Well done. Spend your money on a proper holiday not a cheapskate one.

I resemble that remark ! :laugh:

But that is the whole point that you are missing!

It may be cheap to do, but you end up in a 4 or 5 star complex - with all that entails.

I would rather spend my money on nice restaurants, bars, excursions and boat trips than on the accommodation, which is not always up to scratch. In these timeshare places they are ALWAYS very nice

starling
27-08-2013, 07:31

It may be cheap to do, but you end up in a 4 or 5 star complex - with all that entails.

I would rather spend my money on nice restaurants, bars, excursions and boat trips than on the accommodation, which is not always up to scratch. In these timeshare places they are ALWAYS very nice

The accommodation is but the reps aren't Murph. You are harassed from beginning to end by the companies reps trying to force you into spending even more money with them on upgrading, pre-arranged flights ( which are no cheaper than what you can book yourself), taking you for breakfast feast, etc. When you don't succumb they can be quite nasty.

murph
27-08-2013, 14:53
The accommodation is but the reps aren't Murph. You are harassed from beginning to end by the companies reps trying to force you into spending even more money with them on upgrading, pre-arranged flights ( which are no cheaper than what you can book yourself), taking you for breakfast feast, etc. When you don't succumb they can be quite nasty.

Starling, I have done three in Tenerife and on in a Club La Costa in the Costa Del Sol.

I don't understand the flights comment as that is obviously already booked before you get there and even though they offer to help with flights when you are booking everything, you are not obliged to take them.

I have NEVER experienced anyone being nasty and I have never been ''harassed from beginning to end''. You get a knock on the door first morning and I always then arrange to do the presentation the next day if possible to get it out of the way.

In my experience, once you have done the visit they leave you alone - although they sometimes ask you to ''fill in questionnaire'' in the office but as this is not a requirement I always decline

starling
27-08-2013, 16:35
You have to work with them to know them Murph.

essexeddie
27-08-2013, 16:42

Ok If your happy with that and its obvious that you are then good luck to you. Why not grab a bargain, you don't get many these days.