PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment Firework display on September 1st in Los Cristianos

golazzo
24-08-2013, 09:45
Heads up for anyone holidaying in Los Cristianos next weekend. Firework display planned for 11pm. Should be a good un as always

marbro8
24-08-2013, 09:50
Heads up for anyone holidaying in Los Cristianos next weekend. Firework display planned for 11pm. Should be a good un as alwayswe watched it a few years ago it was amazing, is it something to do with fishermen?

TOPGUN77
24-08-2013, 11:25
Where abouts do they let them of cheers

Angusjim
24-08-2013, 11:29
we watched it a few years ago it was amazing, is it something to do with fishermen?

You need to get oot more when you start thinking firework displays are "amazing" next you will be telling us Everton will finish in the top 10:laugh::wave:

primrose
24-08-2013, 11:30
Where abouts do they let them of cheers

From the Tenerife Weekly.

Sunday, September 1

10:30am: Cucaña. Place: Old Harbour.

11:00am: Exhibition of vintage cars. Place: Old Harbour.

12 noon: Release of turtles. Organised by the department of environment of Arona. Place: Las Vistas Beach.

12 noon: Swimming competition. Place: Old Harbour.

12:00 to 2.00pm: Bouncy castles. Place: Fisherman’s Square.

1.00pm: Football by category, male and female. Place: Los Cristianos beach.

11.00pm: Great fireworks display. Place: Los Cristianos beach.

11.30pm: Gala dance accompanied by the Deliciosa Orchestra. Place: Fairground, next to Valdés Centre.
- See more at: http://www.tenerife-weekly.com/local-news/fiesta-party-time-hits-los-cristianos/#sthash.3uSztNeK.dpuf

candy2411
24-08-2013, 13:49
You need to get oot more when you start thinking firework displays are "amazing" next you will be telling us Everton will finish in the top 10:laugh::wave:

I must need to get out more then, as I always think the fireworks in Tenerife are "amazing" as well !:) as for Everton finishing in the top ten, don't think they've any chance especially if the Ex-manager poaches the best players !:angry::wink::wink:

Angusjim
24-08-2013, 14:55
I must need to get out more then, as I always think the fireworks in Tenerife are "amazing" as well !:) as for Everton finishing in the top ten, don't think they've any chance especially if the Ex-manager poaches the best players !:angry::wink::wink:

Well we can agree to disagree about whether Fireworks display are "amazing" or not I have seen a few in Tenerife but have never been amazed just thought they were OK:tiphat:

primrose
24-08-2013, 15:31
Well we can agree to disagree about whether Fireworks display are "amazing" or not I have seen a few in Tenerife but have never been amazed just thought they were OK:tiphat:

Last years display was one of the best I have ever seen they were incredible.:fireworks:

candy2411
24-08-2013, 16:01
I always think the Tenerife fireworks amazing ,went to last year's September fiesta at Los Abrigos and for such a small town the display was fantastic, certainly put to shame any fireworks we have in the UK (London & Edinburgh excluded).

The cost must be monumental though !

marbro8
24-08-2013, 16:06
I always think the Tenerife fireworks amazing ,went to last year's September fiesta at Los Abrigos and for such a small town the display was fantastic, certainly put to shame any fireworks we have in the UK (London & Edinburgh excluded).

The cost must be monumental though !yep the one's we saw a few years ago eclipsed the one's we saw in florida at disney world,and they seemed to go forever:spin:,

slodgedad
24-08-2013, 16:23
For all those who think that Tenerife firework displays are mediocre may I please point out that they are not compulsary to watch.

I, however, watch every one I can and think they are great. Perhaps I need to get a life.

primrose
24-08-2013, 16:27
For all those who think that Tenerife firework displays are mediocre may I please point out that they are not compulsary to watch.

I, however, watch every one I can and think they are great. Perhaps I need to get a life.

Me too, love to watch them.:jumping:

golazzo
25-08-2013, 05:06
Ill be there watching them anyway

Angusjim
25-08-2013, 07:38
I hope you all enjoy the "amazing & incredible" fireworks display :tiphat:

chifleta
25-08-2013, 14:44

The cost must be monumental though !

The Galletas ones used to be brilliant, but are getting less and less as the years go on, the Carmen one in July was really a waste of time, and very dodgy as they seemed to have it right by the Fraile petrol station....

I think the San Casiano fireworks are on tonight in Galletas, might bimble down and fingers crossed they are better than last months....

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

ohhhh and they don't do "las palmeras" firework any more :( my favourite

Malteser Monkey
25-08-2013, 14:50
The Galletas ones used to be brilliant, but are getting less and less as the years go on, the Carmen one in July was really a waste of time, and very dodgy as they seemed to have it right by the Fraile petrol station....

I think the San Casiano fireworks are on tonight in Galletas, might bimble down and fingers crossed they are better than last months....

Bimble down ? never heard that before

or is it me voy a ir a brimble o me voy a tomar un brimble :laugh:

Well what about the Millenium fireworks then - how long did they go on for:wow::wow:

We were up at Molino Blanco - what a view

candy2411
25-08-2013, 16:30

Well I wish I were there chifleta, I'd 'bimble down' for sure and have a look! Let us know what they were like:)

Malteser Monkey
25-08-2013, 16:54
Well I wish I were there chifleta, I'd 'bimble down' for sure and have a look! Let us know what they were like:)

Yes I want to hear about the Bimbles:D

primrose
25-08-2013, 17:05

Why bimble when you could tootle? I will tootle down tonight to watch them.:fireworks:

Ali.xx
25-08-2013, 17:06
Fly in Wed so that will be perfect! Thanks for posting.

Malteser Monkey
25-08-2013, 17:10
Why bimble when you could tootle? I will tootle down tonight to watch them.:fireworks:

The Tootles and The Brimbles.....there's a BBC comedy show in the making ! and Lord do they need it !:D

beekay
25-08-2013, 17:41
Fly in Wed so that will be perfect! Thanks for posting.

We fly out on Wednesday too Ali and we are from Kent also.

We have seen the fireworks display at Los Cristianos every year since 1998 and always enjoy them. What time is your flight on Wednesday?

Beekay

golazzo
25-08-2013, 18:43

Well what about the Millenium fireworks then - how long did they go on for:wow::wow:

Lol. We were there that year as well

Malteser Monkey
25-08-2013, 20:25
Lol. We were there that year as well

Amazing - good night wasn't it................I think:D

lynnangela
25-08-2013, 21:54
does anyone know if there will be fireworks in Los Abrigos this year? and when that's likely to be? Last year is was around early to mid September, I think the 8th?

candy2411
25-08-2013, 22:11
I was there last year , it was absolutely fabulous, Fiesta was on all week but fireworks were on Saturday 8th Sept:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

wonderful atmosphere, lots of lovely food stalls and best of all a Mojito stall !!:cheer::cheer:

Shame I'll miss it this year if its the same week as we don't come out till end of Sept

chifleta
26-08-2013, 16:26

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bimble

must be a word from my neck of the woods....

I didn't quite get down to Galletas, I watched them from Fraile halfway down along with a load more lazy personages like me LOL ... shame is, they were better than the Carmen fireworks last month, ANDDDDD there were two "palmeras" awwwww ohhhhhhh awwwwww que bonitooooo :)

OHHH MYYY GODDD ..... i've just Urban Dictionaries "tootle" :whistle::crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing::c rylaughing::crylaughing::whistle::crylaughing:

The Tootles and The Brimbles.....there's a BBC comedy show in the making ! and Lord do they need it !:D

<<<<<<<<<<<<< pmsl

Ali.xx
26-08-2013, 17:29
We fly out on Wednesday too Ali and we are from Kent also.

We have seen the fireworks display at Los Cristianos every year since 1998 and always enjoy them. What time is your flight on Wednesday?

Beekay
It's 0735 from Gatwick. Looking forward to it : )

beekay
26-08-2013, 19:14

Same Easyjet flight as me then ^_^

Margaretta
26-08-2013, 20:30
Someone asked at the beginning why the fireworks were taking place. It is for the ceremony of the Blessing of the Boats. The Virgin is carried from the local church on a pallet full of flowers and candles. She is carried onto a decorated fishing boat and with much bustle and noise the boats go out to sea and you can sometimes hear the service given by the priest and responded to by the fishermen. The service is to ensure a good sea harvest for the following year.When the boats come back the Virgin is placed at the quayside for the firework display in her honour and then she is processed back to the church.
Easy to park in Los Cristianos but more difficult around Los Abrigos. For those walking over the path from San blas: you need a torch! Have fun!

karinagal
26-08-2013, 20:56

I prefer to toddle rather than tootle - can I still come along? :p

primrose
26-08-2013, 21:03
I prefer to toddle rather than tootle - can I still come along? :p

Course you can, we can bimble ,tootle and toddle together, although I wonder what tootle means after seeing chifleta's post.:crazy:

chifleta
27-08-2013, 13:55

what started with a thread about fireworks......

Same Easyjet flight as me then ^_^

may end in fireworks.... if you're both single ........ :waltz::dancing::woo::wine::drunks2::cheers::drunk 2::love::kiss2::kisshand::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Course you can, we can bimble ,tootle and toddle together, although I wonder what tootle means after seeing chifleta's post.:crazy:

just go into the urban dictionary link and look up tootle........ chortle chortle

primrose
27-08-2013, 14:16
what started with a thread about fireworks......

may end in fireworks.... if you're both single ........ :waltz::dancing::woo::wine::drunks2::cheers::drunk 2::love::kiss2::kisshand::rofl::rofl::rofl:

just go into the urban dictionary link and look up tootle........ chortle chortle

Love it, not sure I could manage the windmill though.:rofl::rofl::rofl::spin::spin::spin:

Malteser Monkey
28-08-2013, 18:04
Anyone waddling down ?:laugh: