PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Real estate, hotel service, client service, tourism, sports or entertainment job

Cheslav
26-08-2013, 22:12
Hi! I live on Tenerife for 3 months now. I am looking for a job, and all offers will be considered (except PR, animation, telemarketing, sales, internet-commerce etc.).

I would prefer: real estate, costumer service, hotel service, conference management, tourism, sports and entertainment.

Fluent in Russian, Latvian, English. Elementary French (1 year exp. - courses), German (8 years exp. - school), and Spanish (courses from June 2013 till now), experience in customer service, sales, real estate, translations etc. University degree in Management, professional qualification in Hotel Service.

All the additional information will be provided after I receive your offer and request (PM or email, please). Thank you!

Loaded
26-08-2013, 22:24
No sales but real estate ok?

Cheslav
26-08-2013, 22:29
Real Estate - OK :) it differs. No sales of consumer goods.. You know.

timmylish
26-08-2013, 23:50
As I have advised other Latvian residents here looking for employment since this Forum is mainly a British one you are unlikely to find a route to employment in the fields you indicate. Unfortunate but a fact, nevertheless. In your situation (and I do have personal experience with Latvian friends of my wife both here and in Riga) obtaining a high level of Spanish is urgently required as there are few jobs going on this Island and those which are need fluent Spanish. You know yourself the likelihood of Russians employing you, at present so the Spanish route is the only one available, if you last long enough to learn the language, inside out.
You may think the above is somewhat brutal but it is reality. Best of luck anyway!

Cheslav
27-08-2013, 08:45
Yes, reality.. (( but sometimes it can be hacked, you know :) the matter of WILL

British people (as many other folks) are prone to employ Britons only?
Well, I know about the forum, and that's why I'm here )) I used to live in UK, in London for a wile (and in Scotland also) - so, I would be ready to work with British company as well.

I realize the necessity of learning Spanish here, but in my point of view - learning on courses only is of low efficiency. Start using it in business would accelerate a process of development of language skills..

Anyway, thank you for the information! :)

CanarianBeauty
03-09-2013, 19:41
Maybe I'm too positive, but I do think you have VERY good chances of getting a high qualified job on the island.
They not always require you Spanish, sometimes it's not even necessary..
I know a guy who started working in a hotel as receptionist just by knowing English,German,Danish (Fluent in those languages) and starting to learn Spanish... but of course knowing basic/elementary Spanish is a big plus.
You might try aswell in the airport, Tenerife South.

Cheslav
03-09-2013, 20:03
Thanks, CB! :)

I also believe that there are some cases in which Spanish is not required (e.g. those, Timmylish mentioned), but anyway - Spanish is one of the world's TOP languages at the moment, so I really want to learn it! However, in my country (Latvia) - it's almost absolutely unnecessary :)

About the airport - I've visited the homepage, and didn't find any vacancies there..

CanarianBeauty
03-09-2013, 20:08
No no! You will have to make as many applications as possible, then once in hand, head to the airport and deliver them at the offices on the first floor (such as Air Berlin, Jet2, Ryanair, etc) but don't try Iberia or Air Europa yet, because they will require a good Spanish level. Also, go to the second floor, there are other offices like Thomas Cook.. etc..
Wish you very good luck! :)
Thanks, CB! :)

I also believe that there are some cases in which Spanish is not required (e.g. those, Timmylish mentioned), but anyway - Spanish is one of the world's TOP languages at the moment, so I really want to learn it! However, in my country (Latvia) - it's almost absolutely unnecessary :)

About the airport - I've visited the homepage, and didn't find any vacancies there..

Cheslav
03-09-2013, 20:19
:D Thanks for this advice, CB! Actually, I used to do like that (visiting hotels etc., not just applying for vacancies and sending CVs) when I was in Glasgow, Scotland.
I have some job/business offers already at the moment, so maybe later I will try this in Tenerife Airport ;) of course - personal visit sounds more effective than just sending emails! ))

CanarianBeauty
03-09-2013, 20:35
You are so welcome! :)
And yes, eye to eye plus an application is much better than a "simple" application through email.
Glad for you that already have job offers after three months, like Ive said, im rather positive about people having so many languages knowledge like you:cheeky:
Lucky you ! :laugh:

Cheslav
03-09-2013, 20:41
It would be much better to born in Russian family in.. Belgium or Switzerland for example. That's about the languages, if U now what I mean.. ))

CanarianBeauty
03-09-2013, 20:54
Right.. I'm actually thinking of starting to learn Russian:idea:, its obvious it will be the future of the island!!
Russians are all over the place now (No offense to them) but we spaniards, are really proud of our tourism, and our tourists! :)
(Except for those who cause trouble...):wink:

Cheslav
03-09-2013, 21:07
Yeah, that's true.. Russian tourists (as well as Britons, by the way )) are the most noisy folks here (and everywhere) :D
Russian language is pretty difficult. More difficult than French, I would say! IMO

CanarianBeauty
03-09-2013, 21:44
Haha and always drinking no matter where they are :tongue:.
French is rather easy, it has many things in common with the Spanish language, but Russian ah god, looks like egyptian symbols to me ??????