PDA

View Full Version : Why are you charged for 'free' mobile phone apps?

Foz
28-08-2013, 09:53
I'm confused! (Not unusual!!) When you download an App that says it is "Free" why are you then charged 1.98€?

delderek
28-08-2013, 10:39
I'm confused! (Not unusual!!) When you download an App that says it is "Free" why are you then charged 1.98€?

You shouldn't be, but, many of the free ones have a slightly better version which is not free, and they make it easier (deliberately) to download the wrong one.

Foz
28-08-2013, 10:55
I downloaded "Mi Orange" and the "SabadellSolbank" apps last night. I clicked on the tab marked "free" which changed to "Istall App", I clicked on that and it changed to "Installing". I don't really see where I went wrong?

delderek
28-08-2013, 11:04
Would have thought they indeed should be free, so sounds like an error. (Didn't perhaps go over your Data quota by any chance)

Foz
28-08-2013, 11:07
No I've definitely not exceeded the quota. I downloaded them via itunes... is that the only way to do it? and ... if I was charged in error who to I approach to get refunded?

karinagal
28-08-2013, 13:23
No I've definitely not exceeded the quota. I downloaded them via itunes... is that the only way to do it? and ... if I was charged in error who to I approach to get refunded?

Go to the App Store and if you click on the app description there should be an option to 'report a problem'

Foz
30-08-2013, 09:29
I'm obviously being really thick here ... but I can't find the "report a problem" option for either mi orange or Sabadell Solbank. Any suggestions?

karinagal
30-08-2013, 12:19
App Store, search for the app, don't click open - select the icon and it takes you to a screen where you can select details, reviews or related. When you select reviews, there is the option to write a review or select App Support.. Click on app support and it takes you to a web page.. This will be in Spanish though (for Solbank app) - I'm hoping that you'll be able to report the problem through there!

Good luck!

casabonny
30-08-2013, 16:09
I think your problem is that if you have a UK Apps store you can only download free from UK providers .If you load anything froma foreign App store ( which you will no doubt have been directed to ) then that's the reason you were charged.
I am making this assumption because if you buy iTunes vouchers here you can only by from the Spanish app store and get Spanish music!