PDA

View Full Version : Health Are there any pilates classes on Golf del Sur?

polremy
30-08-2013, 13:25
My husband has been told that Pilates will help his back condition. Are there any classes on the Golf del Sur? Heard a rumour that one of the new hotels runs one.
We will be over for six months from October so really need him to have a regular class for that time.
Thanks

karinagal
30-08-2013, 22:02
I haven't heard of any but I will try and find out for you when we're over in 2 weeks?

Brian Lewis
31-08-2013, 11:39
Get him to go to a gym if he explains his condition they will structure exercises to help him.

They are not there just to build muscles.

Jollypolly
31-08-2013, 12:42
I believe there is a Pilates class held twice weekly in the Danish Hotel in Callao Salvaje.

Kande
02-09-2013, 16:08
Hi, I donīt know of any on the Golf but if you can travel to Silencio there are some classes there.

I also have a not so great back and have tried pilates. I prefer Yoga but it all depends on the instructor of the class. In my opinion, Pilates is great for strenthening the core region ie. lower tummy and back muscles which you need to protect your back but I find that since I have disc degeneration I cannot do a lot of the bending over exercises (or I have to be extremely careful on how I do do them) and I have to tell the instructors this quite regularly!! If your husband does decide to try it, advise him to be careful on the exercises he does do. I have found that the few Pilates instuctors I have met know about preventative measures (regular class) rather than rehabiliation (specific for (back) injuries) - if that makes sense to you!

Stewart
02-09-2013, 17:46
I think they have Pilates at the medical centre on golf del sur.

Tom & Sharon
02-09-2013, 22:57
They have Pilates classes at Vincci Golf.

polremy
02-09-2013, 23:07
Thanks, tom and Sharon.
Is that class still running?
Did see it entwined on a website but feared it might be out of date.
Great if it is still happening.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I think they have Pilates at the medical centre on golf del sur.

Do you mean the Excellent place? Will investigate that too.
Thanks

Tom & Sharon
03-09-2013, 09:50
Well I've not been in for a couple of months, but the sign for it was up on reception then.

ameal4two
05-09-2013, 20:42
Go to xtreme gym in chafiras and ask ian to do you a work out sheet for you ,,,,