PDA

View Full Version : Other Where can I find parking in Puerto De La Cruz?

lynnangela
31-08-2013, 16:53
We are staying at the Hotel Monopol for 2 days next week and I need somewhere to park for 2/3 days. Last time we did this I gave up trying to find a parking space and parked just outside the main town and taxi'd in.

I did see once we got to the hotel, that there is an underground carpark just along the road from the Monopol, would I be able to leave my car there for 2 or 3 days?
Or does anyone know of an alternative?

Pooh
31-08-2013, 17:16
For Monopol, that car park is probably the most convenient alternative, although it's not really a chap alternative. (But I don't remember what it'll cost per day.)
I use it frequently when going down into Puerto. When I lived in Monopol myself before moving here, I had my rental car in that parking.
Only problem is that it's sometimes full, so you can't count on it always being available when you get there.

Otherwise the large parking in the Harbor is the only real free option where you even have a chance of finding a spot, but even there it's often very hard to find a spot, and it's a fair walk from Monopol.

lynnangela
31-08-2013, 18:30
Thank you that's really helpful. I wasn't sure if I parked there if I could just leave it, or if the car park closed at night. Ok so I shall make for that car park and hope to get in!

tracy hampshire
31-08-2013, 19:40
the big car park behind the harbour usually has plenty of free spaces, i wouldn t have thought you would have a problem parking there & if you can get as near as possile to the harbour it s only 5 mins walk to the monopol x

TenerifeTeddy
31-08-2013, 20:35
The car park in the harbour is huge, the front part is usually busy, but further back there are always spaces. Its about a 5 minute walk to the Monopol from there.
Try not to get caught by the "car park attendants" who will want €2 for helping you to park, they are not official and just pocket the money.

lynnangela
31-08-2013, 22:26
Thank you both, is there a charge for parking on the harbour? other than the unofficial attendants that is

primrose
31-08-2013, 22:53
I have been up there today, lots of empty spaces on the Harbour car park and not an unofficial attendant in sight, and it is a free car park.

lynnangela
31-08-2013, 23:19
Is the harbour sign posted as you come in Puerto De la cruz? Im not sure how to get to it, or if someone can tell me what street it is on I can sat nav it. Thanks for all the help!

Rickiebear
01-09-2013, 09:15
Hi, On the first occasion I suggest you head for the tall Luabay Tenerife hotel, on the Avenida Blas Perez Gonzalez. This is the long road than runs down the side of the barranco, towards the beach at Playa Jardin. One you get to the bottom, turn right past the swimming pool and football ground on the left. Take the next left between the rock with the white painted 'look out' and a street-side cafe. There are traffic lights here. Make your way up towards the sea wall. Park as close to the harbour as you can, but away from the sea wall. You can then walk past the harbour to your hotel. Once you have walked this a couple of times you will find a shorter route.

lynnangela
01-09-2013, 10:22
Thanks Rickiebear, that's really helpful, I appreciate your help

Tenerife Sun
07-09-2013, 20:57
I park on this car park regularly. The part nearest the harbour is on dirt and very dusty with a few unofficial parking attendants. If you park a bit further back (which is where you come into the car park) it is tarmac and marked out and very rarely attended by anyone and when it is I usually give them a euro. Keep away from the sea wall as the sea spray will cover your car at high tide. I have visitors who can't walk very well and I drop them off at the harbour end and then go and park further back.