PDA

View Full Version : Other Where is Laguna Park 2 located in South Tenerife?

marbro8
03-09-2013, 10:45
hi guys, i am just working in a customers house and she is packing the cases ready for a trip to tenerife, she booked it yesterday, she has been to tenerife a number of times but last time she stayed at castle harbour in los cris, and the walk up the hill from the beach had her laid up in bed for 3 days to try and get the swelling down on her legs, so this time she wanted somewhere near to the beach without the walk, so the travel agent has recommended laguna park 2 saying it is only 500 mtr from the beach? but i thought it it was quite a walk up the hill in san eugenio? if i am right then the travel agent has miss informed them and she is talking about going in to change the location can anyone give me some info or a street map?

Malteser Monkey
03-09-2013, 10:50
that's Torviscas and I'm sure it's up - will look ont tinternet for you

Right see if this works you should be able to follow the road to see where it leads if either of you have used these maps before

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=laguna+park+2+las+americas&ie=UTF-8&ei=mrAlUrf-JZK2hAe0xoGoDA&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAg

I've just followed it and that is some hike !!

Tel54
03-09-2013, 10:53
Unless you are young, fit and healthy Laguna Park 2 is a taxi ride from the sea front, the hill is a killer.

marbro8
03-09-2013, 11:02
that's Torviscas and I'm sure it's up - will look ont tinternet for you

Right see if this works you should be able to follow the road to see where it leads if either of you have used these maps before

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=laguna+park+2+las+americas&ie=UTF-8&ei=mrAlUrf-JZK2hAe0xoGoDA&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAg

I've just followed it and that is some hike !!OMG they have really stitched them up, she is on to travel agent now, will keep you updated

Malteser Monkey
03-09-2013, 11:11
OMG they have really stitched them up, she is on to travel agent now, will keep you updated

Terrible yes keep us posted ! Good job you checked -

primrose
03-09-2013, 11:17
Wonder how much Commission the Estate Agent is on to recommend Laguna Park 2, either that or she knows nothing about the area or apartments.

TOPGUN77
03-09-2013, 11:24
Went there 5 years ago 500 mtrs from the beach my a**s,worst accommodation I have been in in all the years I have come to Tenerife.Hope you get it sorted.

tracey
03-09-2013, 13:29
We hear about this all the time, unfortunately.
The actual hotel or apartments may be accessible but they dont tell you about the surrounding environment :confused:

Red Devil
03-09-2013, 14:53
Laguna Park 1 is nearer the beach (well, before the motorway ar least) so sounds like the agent has sold her the wrong one.

kingbaker
03-09-2013, 15:11
There's a bus every hour till about 5pm'ish up and down to the beach (Free)...accommodation is basic but ok. There's a taxi-rank outside the door and the fare for 4 people home from the Patch is about €7.50. here's a supermarket with everything you need (100 types of wine and two types of bread) What more do you want?????

primrose
03-09-2013, 15:25
Laguna Park 1 is nearer the beach (well, before the motorway ar least) so sounds like the agent has sold her the wrong one.

And the hill up from the beach is horrendous to San Eugenio.

Malteser Monkey
03-09-2013, 15:25
There's a bus every hour till about 5pm'ish up and down to the beach (Free)...accommodation is basic but ok. There's a taxi-rank outside the door and the fare for 4 people home from the Patch is about €7.50. here's a supermarket with everything you need (100 types of wine and two types of bread) What more do you want?????

3 types of bread ?:cheeky:

Bonjour KB

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

And the hill up from the beach is horrendous to San Eugenio.

yes i staggered it many times, it was the 1 step up 2 staps back job !:cheeky:

marbro8
03-09-2013, 17:38
just an update guys, the holiday company have agreed to move them to the hacienda del sol in las americas? haven't had a look yet but she said it was by veronicas strip, it may be a case of out of the frying pan into the fire:lol:, but angi did say that she thought tenerife was dead last time they came so perhaps they will love it;) and she has joined the forum in case she needs more info;)

primrose
03-09-2013, 19:00
just an update guys, the holiday company have agreed to move them to the hacienda del sol in las americas? haven't had a look yet but she said it was by veronicas strip, it may be a case of out of the frying pan into the fire:lol:, but angi did say that she thought tenerife was dead last time they came so perhaps they will love it;) and she has joined the forum in case she needs more info;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2168060/Stag-party-reveller-dies-mysteriously-room-ransacked-unconscious-outside.html

imablue
03-09-2013, 20:11
Hacienda del Sol is opposite Torres del Yomely .... just up from Yates and Wigan pier Starco ... Not as bad a walk as Laguna Park 2 is ..from the sea front ...at least they wont have to use the Oxygen Apparatus that AL Jay says Laguna 2 supply ..:laugh:

blondie
03-09-2013, 20:46
Some of these Travel Agents should be hung out to dry, of all the places to send anybody to in Tenerife these two are by far the worst. These poor holidaymakers have my deepest sympathy. I warned a guy on this Forum not to stay there just before that poor chap died.

Peanuts
03-09-2013, 20:56
Laguna Park 2, it's not the steep hill to the hotel, but the steep climb from the restaurant and pool to the rooms and hotel exit that is a killer.

marbro8
03-09-2013, 23:34
to be honest guys i have got to be careful what i say because i have worked at the couples house today and i know the budget they are working to, is not that big, they are paying about £600 for 10 days for the 2 of them including flights and accommodation, so you get what you pay for:dontknow:, but to be fair if you want a cheap break in the sun with cheap beer and cheap food and you are willing to sleep anywhere then you can't go wrong :wink:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2168060/Stag-party-reveller-dies-mysteriously-room-ransacked-unconscious-outside.html oh well at least they haven't got a long walk to the beach:dontknow:

RM38
07-09-2013, 05:44
Laguna Park 2 is in Torviscas Alto near Windsor Park apartments..its a long walk from the beach and its up the hill..hope she gets it sorted out by changing to a hotel which is closer to the beach..

logiclee
08-09-2013, 16:27
10 nights for £600 for 2 including flights leaves your options fairly limited.

Cost us well over £3000 for 11 nights. :(

Cheers
Lee

marbro8
08-09-2013, 17:02
10 nights for £600 for 2 including flights leaves your options fairly limited.

Cost us well over £3000 for 11 nights. :(

Cheers
Leethe quality of your hotel was probably very good for that, if i was offered a free holiday staying at laguna park i either wouldn't go or just take the flights and book into somewhere else:lol:, we are coming over in october for 2 weeks and it is costing us about £1000 self catering ;)

Angusjim
08-09-2013, 17:06
the quality of your hotel was probably very good for that, if i was offered a free holiday staying at laguna park i either wouldn't go or just take the flights and book into somewhere else:lol:, we are coming over in october for 2 weeks and it is costing us about £1000 self catering ;)

Yes but not everyone has Welsh cousins with apartments in Tenerife :eyebrows::whistle::whistle:

Ecky Thump
08-09-2013, 17:11
Yes but not everyone has Welsh cousins with apartments in Tenerife :eyebrows::whistle::whistle:

But his Welsh cousin would like to meet more friends who could stay at their lovely apartment!:laugh: