PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment Forum meet-up on October 17th, 2013

Ecky Thump
03-09-2013, 20:41
Anyone up for a Forum meet up next month?

I am over for four weeks from the 28th Sept and I know that a few of the regulars are there at that time.

In the past we have had some great ones on the El Mirador strip.

Let's pick a bar and go for it, I'm sure that Marbro will be along with a suggestion of where and when and as is traditional Sunspot is also sure to be there along with Slodgedad close behind.:spin:

Carol55
03-09-2013, 20:47
As long as Sunspot is there to carry me home..I shall be there.:vodkamachine:

sunspot
03-09-2013, 21:19
I will be there, cant wait to meet up again seeing i missed you last time, it would be good if we can get alot of members who are over to come along, but Carol cant ecky carry both of us?

Carol55
03-09-2013, 21:29
:bellydancer:
I will be there, cant wait to meet up again seeing i missed you last time, it would be good if we can get alot of members who are over to come along, but Carol cant ecky carry both of us?

I would have to loose a bit of weight before he could carry me, the last time he carried me I only weighed 9 stone....Oh how things change!!;)

See you very soon Chris.

sunspot
03-09-2013, 21:37
I have put on quite e few pounds too so maybe i will bring a wheelbarrow to make things a bit easier for him, marbro can always give him a hand

mully
03-09-2013, 21:44
We are over 15th October for a week,so if its that week then we will call for a beer (or two!!)and would be good to meet some of the the Forum gang,cheers Mully :drinking:

Davie Thistle
03-09-2013, 21:44
Aaaah you all will be glad to know we aren,t
Over til October!

8-)

mully
03-09-2013, 21:47
Oh dear Davie! bless you:wink:

Ecky Thump
03-09-2013, 21:49
Aaaah you all will be glad to know we aren,t
Over til October!

8-)

October is when we will be meeting....just waiting for Marbro to sort it out.:spin:

dj devitto
03-09-2013, 22:13
Hi guys sorry to jump in here i am new to this, i lived in teberife 10 yrs ago and have been back a few times when ill health allows .i am over for new year and looking to find some old pals , paul mac singer he did dreamres in los cris and last i heard he did a robbie williams tribute and john benyon who i belive last worked in the irish rose 2 years ago i lived with john when i was over any hep would be great thanks and agian sorry

marbro8
03-09-2013, 23:46
well we are there on the 5th october so any time between then and the 19th would be fine for us, i think that any bar on the el mirador strip could accommodate us, taylors, shambles, harvy's ? even if members want to meet in las americas it wouldn't matter to us, so lets have some suggestions and we can organize something, i know that gary at the swan said that they would put some food on for us if we wanted to hold it there?;)

lesbroz
04-09-2013, 16:25
I have put on quite e few pounds too so maybe i will bring a wheelbarrow to make things a bit easier for him, marbro can always give him a hand

Do they make tandem wheelbarrows? Marbro could push us to yours then let me free wheel to the bottom of the hill!

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

We are coming over on the 26th September and shall remain in the warm sunny climes of Tenerife until March. I've only made one Forum meet up so far, so it will be great to see those who I have already met and some new faces.

celine
04-09-2013, 19:41
were over in October(half term for 10 days} we would love to meet up
celine and jim

brightonbel
04-09-2013, 19:57
Hi everyone I would love to meet up as well , we arrive on the 9th to the 19th of October , the plan is the big move next year x

warbey
04-09-2013, 20:30
I am going green......

Missed Davie Thistle a while back, We arrived the Day after He left.

I'm not even saying enjoy Yourselves, as I know You will.

I'll get revenge early next Year though........Ya....Boo.....................;);):y um:....:doh:.

welsh wendy
04-09-2013, 21:51
Oh flip (f---) we are over in September. I wish we could meet up sometime. Not too worry - always next year. :wave::pray:

marbro8
04-09-2013, 22:14
Hi everyone I would love to meet up as well , we arrive on the 9th to the 19th of October , the plan is the big move next year xwell you are more than welcome:wave:, and we can have a long conversation about brighton because it is one our favorite british weekend holiday destinations;)

I am going green......

Missed Davie Thistle a while back, We arrived the Day after He left.

I'm not even saying enjoy Yourselves, as I know You will.

I'll get revenge early next Year though........Ya....Boo.....................;);):y um:....:doh:.i have met him and he is a big lad;) if i remember right he gave a pick pocket a smack a few years ago:c2::laugh:

karinskie
07-09-2013, 20:32
Hi all

I'd love to come along & meet some forum members. Old & New. Not just those that are coming over but also others that live here too. Please lmk any arrangements you make for this grand occasion to happen, I will look forward to it immensely, especially putting names to faces... Hopefully see you all soon : )

Angusjim
08-09-2013, 09:26
Sorry but since there may be illegal letters present I cannot attend:nono::redcard:

blondie
08-09-2013, 12:59
Sorry but since there may be illegal letters present I cannot attend:nono::redcard:

We are over 15th to 29th , would love to meet up, will watch with keen interest where and when

Ecky Thump
08-09-2013, 13:38

Not at all, it's just that we all have lots of cousins who have apartments in Tenerife......lucky or what!:wink:

Angusjim
08-09-2013, 14:18
Not at all, it's just that we all have lots of cousins who have apartments in Tenerife......lucky or what!:wink:

Why do you think I was speaking about you may have been for example Marbro:lol:

Ecky Thump
08-09-2013, 17:07
Up to now the folk that have show a interest in coming and are in Tenerife during October.

Sunspot........any date......resident
Karinskie.......any date......resident
Marbro..........5th-19th......holiday
Carol55.........1st- 28th......holiday
Brightonbel....9th-19th......holiday
Blonde..........15th-29th.....holiday
Mully............15th-22nd.....holiday
Lesbro..........All of October.holiday
Celine............oct? ...........holiday

From this it looks like Thursday the 17th October might suit most.

Who is up for that date and then we can pick a bar and start a new thread with a firm date and where we will meet.:spin:

mully
08-09-2013, 17:21
Hi Ecky,we are up for the 17th,looking forward to it,cant wait to meet up with all the other Forum geeks! (just kidding!) :easter; xx

essexeddie
08-09-2013, 18:07
We are not there until the beginning of November right though to end of March ( but pop home for Xmas)

Davie Thistle
08-09-2013, 18:12
......not over till 22nd so we will miss it!
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!:cry:

:laugh:

marbro8
08-09-2013, 18:47
Up to now the folk that have show a interest in coming and are in Tenerife during October.

Who is up for that date and then we can pick a bar and start a new thread with a firm date and where we will meet.:spin:17th fine for us, don't expect me to be my jovial self though cus i will only have 2 days left of my holiday and my wife says i go into an almighty sulk when we are due to fly home:lol:

Ecky Thump
08-09-2013, 19:06
17th fine for us, don't expect me to be my jovial self though cus i will only have 2 days left of my holiday and my wife says i go into an almighty sulk when we are due to fly home:lol:

I've sent you a PM.

marbro8
08-09-2013, 19:39
I've sent you a PM.i have cc'd you into the e-mail i have sent to gary at the swan

lesbroz
08-09-2013, 19:53

Who is up for that date and then we can pick a bar and start a new thread with a firm date and where we will meet.:spin:

The 17th sounds good to me.

Ecky Thump
08-09-2013, 20:08
Lets hope we get a few of the local forum members joining us.

The more the merrier.:cheers2::drunks2::cheers::vodkamachine::d rinking::pepsi::trink::drunk2::trink2::wine:

TenerifeFanatic
08-09-2013, 20:10
Boo hoo..........enjoy.......would love to be there!!:jumping:

brightonbel
08-09-2013, 20:26
Yes the 17th would be great for us , so....looking forward to meeting other forum members .

slodgedad
09-09-2013, 11:17
At Ecky's request I have changed the thread title to reflect the date

Leam_Lin
09-09-2013, 12:48
Loved to have met you all but sadly will be back in Warwickshire.

johnr
09-09-2013, 13:19
17th for me too

so the one in the Dragon on 2nd has been moved to the 17th? Is it still in the Dragon?

Ecky Thump
09-09-2013, 16:16
17th for me too

so the one in the Dragon on 2nd has been moved to the 17th? Is it still in the Dragon?

The one on the 2nd, was last year!:cheeky:

The meeting this year has moved from the Dragon (No reflection on its great service) and at the moment it looks as if it may be held in the Swan Bar which is a bit closer to the El Mirador complex (less distance for me to carry the wife home:laugh:), we are just waiting to hear if they can accommodate us.

blondie
09-09-2013, 16:18
Suits me too, looking forward to putting faces to names.

celine
09-09-2013, 18:05
we are going to miss this one as we are there from the 21st till the 31st...

theslaters
09-09-2013, 18:55
If you have a lock in might pop along only thing is we are not out till the 20th Oct ..
Have a good one.

melm
09-09-2013, 19:17
I wish.......or should I be careful what I wish for:laugh::cry::confused:

Hope you all have a great meet up and not too many illusions are shattered:cheeky:

Malteser Monkey
09-09-2013, 19:36
I wish.......or should I be careful what I wish for:laugh::cry::confused:

Hope you all have a great meet up and not too many illusions are shattered:cheeky:

Same from me and we'll save the illusion shattering til you're over there ...ooopppss sorry til we're both over there:laugh::cheeky:

marbro8
10-09-2013, 19:01
ok ecky i have just had an e-mail from tony at the swan and he said they can accommodate us, i said we would probably get there for about 5.00pm?and would probably want a bit of a buffet? he said just let them know closer to the date on numbers and he can give us a price per head, if we don't want any food laying on then we could just meet up for a drink and a chat? so if members could let us know either way then i will pop in and confirm it when we get over there;)

Ecky Thump
10-09-2013, 19:54
ok ecky i have just had an e-mail from tony at the swan and he said they can accommodate us, i said we would probably get there for about 5.00pm?and would probably want a bit of a buffet? he said just let them know closer to the date on numbers and he can give us a price per head, if we don't want any food laying on then we could just meet up for a drink and a chat? so if members could let us know either way then i will pop in and confirm it when we get over there;)

Thanks for making all the arrangements, so now we have a firm Date..Venue..Time

17th October

The Swan Bar Los Christianos

5PM Until We Drop!!

essexeddie
10-09-2013, 20:39
Pity it wasn't in November, its only round the corner from us.

lesbroz
10-09-2013, 21:08
Well Done Marbro8!!

Can anyone give directions on how to get there, please.

marbro8
10-09-2013, 21:19
Well Done Marbro8!!

Can anyone give directions on how to get there, please.if you know los cris bus station walk towards the cristian sur and tenerife sur carry on over the road as if to go towards the el mirador strip and it is one of the small bars just after margareta's;)

essexeddie
10-09-2013, 21:21
Or from the Sunday Market up Av Londres to the next roundabout turn left and its about 100 mtrs on the right

Say hello to Gary and Fran if they are singing there.

lesbroz
10-09-2013, 21:22
Thank you I'm sure we will find it. I'm I allowed to bring my better half?????????????

marbro8
10-09-2013, 21:24
Thank you I'm sure we will find it. I'm I allowed to bring my better half?????????????of course;)

Carol55
10-09-2013, 21:34
Thank you I'm sure we will find it. I'm I allowed to bring my better half?????????????

If your better half is like me, then she will have the money....but don't tell Ecky that I said that.:wink:

karaokeking
11-09-2013, 11:24
Hi. I'm over in Oct, until May. I like to sing and went line to find the Swan bar you are thinking of having your meet up. I have to say it looks a little small to me.I am in the Las Americas area and i frequent the Hops and Grapes down in Puerto colon and the Star bar, and the Walli Halli.
How many options do you have for different bars, and does it have to be in Christianos.

Ecky Thump
11-09-2013, 11:34
Hi. I'm over in Oct, until May. I like to sing and went line to find the Swan bar you are thinking of having your meet up. I have to say it looks a little small to me.I am in the Las Americas area and i frequent the Hops and Grapes down in Puerto colon and the Star bar, and the Walli Halli.
How many options do you have for different bars, and does it have to be in Christianos.

Small and friendly, if we have a overspill ....we can sing in the street!!:laugh:

There are lots of options, there is nothing to stop you arranging another meet up on a different date in a area that you feel is more suitable.:)

Angusjim
11-09-2013, 11:42
Small and friendly, if we have a overspill ....we can sing in the street!!:laugh:

There are lots of options, there is nothing to stop you arranging another meet up on a different date in a area that you feel is more suitable.:)

He'd probably hog the mike anyway and sounds far to professional for the bunch of **** heads going to meetup:lol:

johnr
11-09-2013, 13:55
So where is the Swan Bar?

obs
11-09-2013, 14:02
From the bus station, walk back to the traffic lights, turn left, and its about 500metres along there towards the Mirador strip, opposite Cristian sur and just past Magaritas restaurant on the left. :tiphat:

junglejim
11-09-2013, 14:43

Ah, the Hop and Grapes !-God´s waiting Room ! At least in the Walli Hi Tich can tell good stories !

Carol55
11-09-2013, 17:19
:vodkamachine:

17th October

5PM Until We Drop!!

Or even earlier for Sunspot and me!:vodkamachine:

sunspot
11-09-2013, 17:57
:vodkamachine:

Or even earlier for Sunspot and me!:vodkamachine:

Oh Carol, dont let them all know, we dont want to give any new members the wrong impression, just because our thirst level is above average and we need to drink faster they may get to thinking we get quite tipsy and start losing control, well we dont lose anything apart from the odd pair of shoes along the way:cheeky:

melm
11-09-2013, 18:25
Ah, the Hop and Grapes !-God´s waiting Room ! At least in the Walli Hi Tich can tell good stories !

Is this Tich Cooper????? saw him many times in Puerto.

like myself he must be getting on a bit now:cheeky:

marbro8
11-09-2013, 19:25
How many options do you have for different bars, and does it have to be in Christianos.to be honest we could have held the last few forum meet ups in a phone box:lol:, members have good intentions of turning up but for one reason or another do not always come;), it has somewhat diminished over the years, i remember when member C.I.M. used to organize them at o'jangles on el mirador strip, and the first few i went to where great, with about 20 members, but in the end the poor guy was sitting on his own for hours and quite rightly gave up,the last couple have been about die hards like ecky carol sunspot slodge and his wife me and my wife and maybe a few stragglers, so i thought that the swan being smaller would be plenty big enough, they have seating for about 40 people so going on members that usually turn up we will see me doing a bit of PR work outside:lol:

junglejim
11-09-2013, 20:07
Is this Tich Cooper????? saw him many times in Puerto.

like myself he must be getting on a bit now:cheeky:
Yes he comperes there , actually spoke to him last night in Rovers after his shift - nice guy ,very clever .

marbro8
11-09-2013, 20:13
Yes he comperes there , actually spoke to him last night in Rovers after his shift - nice guy ,very clever .not the rovers return JJ? in las americas? it was closed last time we where over and someone said that if someone wanted to take the lease back on they would have to pay about €60,000 in back rent and another €60,000 up front???

junglejim
11-09-2013, 20:18
No the Irish rover in San Eugenio . he sometimes comes in after work at about 1.30 am

melm
11-09-2013, 20:20
Yes he comperes there , actually spoke to him last night in Rovers after his shift - nice guy ,very clever .

always enjoyed his patter.... such a quick wit, never stuck for a word. as you say good clever guy.

nice memories:cheers2:

marbro8
11-09-2013, 20:26
always enjoyed his patter.... such a quick wit, never stuck for a word. as you say good clever guy.

nice memories:cheers2:sounds just the sort of person we could have a laff and chat with at the forum meet up(we could banish the illegal renters of course);)

melm
12-09-2013, 19:41
No the Irish rover in San Eugenio . he sometimes comes in after work at about 1.30 am

by coincidence it was the Irish Rover in PDLC we first went to see his act........way back in the 80's

No longer the Irish Rover now a tapas bar:spin:

Ecky Thump
13-09-2013, 12:07
:cheers::cheers::hat:
sounds just the sort of person we could have a laff and chat with at the forum meet up(we could banish the illegal renters of course);)

If you banish all the illegal renters from the meet up, there will be no one there!:laugh:

Lets get a few more of the Tenerife residents to join us for a drink (or two, three, four, fi...) and a chat.:hat::cheers2:

Carol55
16-09-2013, 11:51

17th October

5PM Until We Drop!!

I'm not sure that it would be a good idea for Sunspot and me to drop, as we might need a pair of strong arms to lift us up.....but Chunky Marbro will be there and he's always willing to help a couple of damsels in distress.:cheeky:

Malteser Monkey
16-09-2013, 12:16
I'm not sure that it would be a good idea for Sunspot and me to drop, as we might need a pair of strong arms to lift us up.....but Chunky Marbro will be there and he's always willing to help a couple of damsels in distress.:cheeky:

Just try landing on him Carol - job done !:cheeky:

Ecky Thump
21-09-2013, 21:56

It's not like marbro8 to miss a mention when his name is taken in vain.:twak:

marbro8
21-09-2013, 22:03
I'm not sure that it would be a good idea for Sunspot and me to drop, as we might need a pair of strong arms to lift us up.....but Chunky Marbro will be there and he's always willing to help a couple of damsels in distress.:cheeky:yes but my back isn't what it used to be:old:

Just try landing on him Carol - job done !:cheeky:bloody ell i ain't that big:D

Carol55
21-09-2013, 22:22
bloody ell i ain't that big:D

I daren't reply to that!!:whistle:

Ecky Thump
25-09-2013, 21:16
We need to have a whip round for some extra cash as,
YOUNG GOLFER has said he is joining us and all he drinks is superior red wine ....

By the Bottle!!:D

marbro8
25-09-2013, 21:22
We need to have a whip round for some extra cash as,

Young Golfer has said he is joining us and all he drinks is superior red wine ....

By the Bottle!!:Di will ask tony to import some from the far reaches of the cash and carry above the cc passarella with a packet of long straws:cheeky:

Ecky Thump
25-09-2013, 21:26
i will ask tony to import some from the far reaches of the cash and carry above the cc passarella with a packet of long straws:cheeky:

Don't go to mad as YG's idea of fine dining is a bag of Steak & Onion Crisps!:crylaughing:

YOUNG GOLFER
25-09-2013, 22:28
Bottle of muga............ Will do thanks guys.

Ecky Thump
25-09-2013, 22:39
Bottle of muga............ Will do thanks guys.

A fine choice YG

A very complex wine with a heady odour of spices, vibrant fruit and vesty lime, with just the merest hint of vinnalin oak toasted flavours.:wine::bowdown::D

marbro8
25-09-2013, 22:54
A fine choice YG

A very complex wine with a heady odour of spices, vibrant fruit and vesty lime, with just the merest hint of vinnalin oak toasted flavours.:wine::bowdown::Dfor a bloke that doesn't drink you are very knowledgeable ecky, unless of course what you have said is complete twaddle:laugh:

YOUNG GOLFER
25-09-2013, 23:31
Think our Ecky has been on google lol

Medman
25-09-2013, 23:53

Certainly on something ! .......:D

YOUNG GOLFER
25-09-2013, 23:58

Just took a good look at this thread and will confirm I will be there and so will a couple other members on here....... fingers crossed.
I will also take a look at the bar and if you guys want me to arrange some bits to eat i will do that,
Not wanting to take over but I suggest about 5 or 10 euros a head for some pub grub. Again let me know and I will be happy to help out.
Lets hope a few more active forum members from tenerife also turn out would be a great evening a chance to meet up and have a few drinks and a good chat.:)

Ecky Thump
27-09-2013, 22:34
Just took a good look at this thread and will confirm I will be there and so will a couple other members on here....... fingers crossed.
I will also take a look at the bar and if you guys want me to arrange some bits to eat i will do that,
Not wanting to take over but I suggest about 5 or 10 euros a head for some pub grub. Again let me know and I will be happy to help out.
Lets hope a few more active forum members from tenerife also turn out would be a great evening a chance to meet up and have a few drinks and a good chat.:)

All sounds good to me, I hope one of the other members that you bring along is Graceylacey
as she brings back some fun memories from past meetings.

Well I'm out in Tenerife tomorrow morning, so I hope to see as many as possible at the Swan Bar on the 17th October.:)

YOUNG GOLFER
27-09-2013, 23:27
All sounds good to me, I hope one of the other members that you bring along is Graceylacey

Well I'm out in Tenerife tomorrow morning, so I hope to see as many as possible at the Swan Bar on the 17th October.:)

Well have a safe flight and let's hope we get a good turn out.

Graceylacey
29-09-2013, 17:56

Do you mean me??!! lol Thanks for that, always up for a party me :party::party3::party2:

marbro8
29-09-2013, 20:48
Lets hope a few more active forum members from tenerife also turn out would be a great evening a chance to meet up and have a few drinks and a good chat.:)i did e-mail tony at the swan mate and he said to just pop in and let him know numbers and they would get some grub in, so yes carry on stuart i will leave it in your mote than capable hands:wink2:

Santiago
29-09-2013, 21:35
I wanna come!

YOUNG GOLFER
30-09-2013, 01:12
I wanna come!
Then please do...... I have got four members that live here to come and they arecall popular members and I will try and get more.
But let me know if 10 euros a head for food is ok.......or should I say 5 euros.
Want a good night good chat and good food....not forgetting some good photos.

sunspot
30-09-2013, 01:36
Then please do...... I have got four members that live here to come and they arecall popular members and I will try and get more.
But let me know if 10 euros a head for food is ok.......or should I say 5 euros.

YG i dont care if its 5 or 10 euro per head i dont want to be left hungry. im a big girl who loves her scran so make sure i get enough food to satisfy my needs, i am so looking forward to the meetup and having a face to face chat with members old and new, cant wait to see you again too xx

Timson
30-09-2013, 06:45
I only arrive the 18th :-( Too bad, would love to meet some forum members.... Have fun!!!

Santiago
30-09-2013, 14:49

I would if I could but it's a long way for an evening out don't you think?

Price of the food is fine at 10 euros I would think , I just hope you all have a super time and let us know how it went!!

marbro8
30-09-2013, 20:18

Price of the food is fine at 10 euros I would think , I just hope you all have a super time and let us know how it went!!if i can get my new i-pad/google nexus/galaxy sorted before i go(i just can't make my mind up what to get???)then we could skype or facetime you and you will be at the party:wink2:

Malteser Monkey
01-10-2013, 09:28

Price of the food is fine at 10 euros I would think , I just hope you all have a super time and let us know how it went!!

if i can get my new i-pad/google nexus/galaxy sorted before i go(i just can't make my mind up what to get???)then we could skype or facetime you and you will be at the party:wink2:

Are you sure you want to go down that road :D

blondie
01-10-2013, 22:11
Are you sure you want to go down that road :D

Hi I noticed the meet up starts at 5pm, can you please tell me if everyone arrives at this time or at different times throughout the evening?

marbro8
01-10-2013, 22:20
Hi I noticed the meet up starts at 5pm, can you please tell me if everyone arrives at this time or at different times throughout the evening?different times blondie:wink2:only the peeeeee heads turn up at that time, having said that i will be there at 4.30:laugh: i think different members will be turning up at different times and it will be an all night thing tbh:wink2:

slodgedad
01-10-2013, 22:21
Hi I noticed the meet up starts at 5pm, can you please tell me if everyone arrives at this time or at different times throughout the evening?
Must have missed that bit. I assumed it was a day do. I might be able to make it then. Home from rehab about 6.

blondie
01-10-2013, 22:25
Thanks for your speedy replies as always. I hope you are well Slodgedad and managing your re hab its well worth it in the end , looking forward to meeting you all.

marbro8
01-10-2013, 22:25
Must have missed that bit. I assumed it was a day do. I might be able to make it then. Home from rehab about 6.just give your AA and drug meeting a miss for once slodge:laugh: having said that i know you are just getting over a stroke and don't want to make light of the fact you are trying to get back to normal, so don't think i am taking the "p" mate:wink2:

blondie
01-10-2013, 22:31
Marbro, do people still speak to you when you actually meet them lol

marbro8
01-10-2013, 22:34
Marbro, do people still speak to you when you actually meet them loli will be the one sitting on my own in the bar next door:ashamed: i know slodge has a good sense of humor and would just want members to be as funny and condescending as they have always been:laugh:

slodgedad
01-10-2013, 22:43
Marbro, do people still speak to you when you actually meet them lol

I used to.

marbro8
01-10-2013, 22:46
I used to.drinks are on me then mate:wink2:

sundownersvince
01-10-2013, 23:48
Sadly I wont be there this year. I am over next week so might pop in so I can report if the beers ok. I'll stick it on your tab Ecky, Cheers. :drinking:

celine
02-10-2013, 00:37
were both realy sad were not out to the following week:crying2:

Malteser Monkey
09-10-2013, 10:38
drinks are on me then mate:wink2:

you out there now mate ?

YOUNG GOLFER
10-10-2013, 01:31
So let me know how many roughly and I will go down this week.

chris
10-10-2013, 04:33

17th October

5PM Until We Drop!!

Just bumping the venue + date + time for you lucky lot

Ecky Thump
11-10-2013, 15:59
So let me know how many roughly and I will go down this week.

Not sure exactly how many will be there, but another couple of members who have said that they will be coming, so hopefully there will be at least 30 of us.:)

Angusjim
11-10-2013, 16:08
Not sure exactly how many will be there, but another couple of members who have said that they will be coming, so hopefully there will be at least 30 of us.:)

That a big round for you to buy but I suppose nothing to a Scotsman after all we are world renowned for our generosity :scotland:

Malteser Monkey
11-10-2013, 16:11
renowned for our generosity :scotland:

of letting others get the rounds in :D

Ecky Thump
11-10-2013, 21:49

I have already put money for the first round behind the Bar, they are busy trying to work out the exchange rate for the Jewish Coinage!

Angusjim
12-10-2013, 07:42

I notice you were thanked by YG Mr Long pockets himself:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
12-10-2013, 10:14
I notice you were thanked by YG Mr Long pockets himself:laugh:

Is he a Scot too ?:D

I promise that when I meet you lot I will let you buy me as many drinks as you want:D

Ecky Thump
12-10-2013, 13:33

I promise that when I meet you lot I will let you buy me as many drinks as you want:D

Are you going to share the famous Welsh Sheep with us all!:D

johnr
12-10-2013, 14:02
should be there 5pm The Swan in Los Cristianos?

Malteser Monkey
12-10-2013, 14:42
Are you going to share the famous Welsh Sheep with us all!:D

only if you're paying to fly 'em over:D

YOUNG GOLFER
12-10-2013, 14:52

The only thing Scottish about me is my first name and like AJ i dont like buying drinks.......the rest is 100% English and proud of it lol

Missingthereef
12-10-2013, 16:16
Hiya folks!
With a bit of luck...going to try and make this meet-up on 17th. Can we pay at the door or is there a secret password? Haha!

slodgedad
12-10-2013, 16:18
Hiya folks!
With a bit of luck...going to try and make this meet-up on 17th. Can we pay at the door or is there a secret password? Haha!
Ask for Slodge, pass him a tenner and the password is 'binconned'..

lynnangela
16-10-2013, 13:49
Ive trawled through a couple of pages looking for directions to The Swan Bar, but cant see any. Could someone let me know where it is please. Me an hubby will probably be along for a drink

TOTO 99
16-10-2013, 14:01
Ive trawled through a couple of pages looking for directions to The Swan Bar, but cant see any. Could someone let me know where it is please. Me an hubby will probably be along for a drink

From post #56...lol

From the bus station, walk back to the traffic lights, turn left, and its about 500metres along there towards the Mirador strip, opposite Cristian sur and just past Magaritas restaurant on the left.

lynnangela
16-10-2013, 18:38
From the bus station, walk back to the traffic lights, turn left, and its about 500metres along there towards the Mirador strip, opposite Cristian sur and just past Magaritas restaurant on the left. :tiphat:

Thanks for this, but im not entirely sure where the bus station is exactly. I will be driving into Los Cris, so when I come off the motorway I will go down to the first roundabout with the Hyper Trebol on the right At this roundabout I usually take first exit off then take the immediate turning left and park along there somewhere, but I don't know what this area is called, its the road that goes down to the town past the Dachang and the 2 petrol stations on either side. If I park along there what are the directions to the Swan from there? Thanks :)

TOTO 99
16-10-2013, 18:54
Thanks for this, but im not entirely sure where the bus station is exactly. I will be driving into Los Cris, so when I come off the motorway I will go down to the first roundabout with the Hyper Trebol on the right At this roundabout I usually take first exit off then take the immediate turning left and park along there somewhere, but I don't know what this area is called, its the road that goes down to the town past the Dachang and the 2 petrol stations on either side. If I park along there what are the directions to the Swan from there? Thanks :)

I'm guessing you mean you park at the Valdez Centre. If so you would look down towards the 2 petrol stations.

You need to be on the other side of the building and you can't miss the busses. Hopefully someone can post a map.

lynnangela
16-10-2013, 19:06
ah ok, I know where I am then :) Thanks!

YOUNG GOLFER
17-10-2013, 01:26
Right will see you guys around six but have to leave at 7.30 might be able to pop back around 9.30 but will have to see on that.
Sounds like its going to be a good turn out and you members that live here you know who you are ......get of you bums and make a effort.
Remember it's nice to be nice....not just a person behind a screen lets meet up and chat in real life.

Medman
17-10-2013, 09:39
Right will see you guys around six but have to leave at 7.30 might be able to pop back around 9.30 but will have to see on that.
Sounds like its going to be a good turn out and you members that live here you know who you are ......get of you bums and make a effort.
Remember it's nice to be nice....not just a person behind a screen lets meet up and chat in real life.

Have a great time you lucky lot. I'll be with you in SPIRIT ... :vodka::drinking::vodka:

lesbroz
17-10-2013, 11:14
I shall be there about 6.15, but will need to leave no later than 7.15 (sorry OH has double booked us). Really looking forward to putting faces to names.

Ecky Thump
17-10-2013, 12:43
Have a great time you lucky lot. I'll be with you in SPIRIT ... :vodka::drinking::vodka:

I've seen you full of "Spirit" and it's not a sight that's easy to forget!:p

Medman
17-10-2013, 12:49
I've seen you full of "Spirit" and it's not a sight that's easy to forget!:p

I was led astray ,, your Honour .. :bowdown: A big girl made me do it and ran away

celine
17-10-2013, 19:39
thinking of you all having a good time tonight..arriving on monday for 10 days so missing all the fun
hopefully will make the next meet:tiphat:

warbey
17-10-2013, 20:53
It's about time someone posted how enjoyable this function is..

Is Ecky skint yet.?.....lol

only jealous, wish We too were there.

TOTO 99
17-10-2013, 21:19
It's about time someone posted how enjoyable this function is..

Is Ecky skint yet.?.....lol

only jealous, wish We too were there.

I couldn't agree more..

Perhaps when you all sober up you could supply a photo or two for those less fortunate?..:tiphat:

Mawkin
17-10-2013, 22:09
I just hope that you had a good turn out tonight and several of the residents turned up to support YG and Ecky.

TenerifeFanatic
17-10-2013, 22:42
Boo Hoo!!!!!!........like countless others, wish I was there with "you lot".......hope you are having fun!!:jumping:

Medman
17-10-2013, 22:44
Boo Hoo!!!!!!........like countless others, wish I was there with "you lot".......hope you are having fun!!:jumping:

Maybe they're not having fun ??

TenerifeFanatic
17-10-2013, 22:47
Maybe they're not having fun ??
Too much me thinks!!:tiphat:

Medman
17-10-2013, 22:49
Too much me thinks!!:tiphat:

No such thing as too much fun. I will keep my 30,000th post until one of that drunken mob reports.

TenerifeFanatic
17-10-2013, 22:55
No such thing as too much fun. I will keep my 30,000th post until one of that drunken mob reports.Very glad it is your post that you are holding and not your breath!!!!!!!??????

lynnangela
17-10-2013, 22:56
Speaking as one of the drunken mob, this evening was wonderful! Met so many lovely people and especially Sunspot! Had a fabulous time, thank you all for the great meet up.

YOUNG GOLFER
17-10-2013, 23:53
Only stayed for a short time but everyone was chatting away having fun..... Food was very nice as we're the bar staff a nice friendly little bar and one I will go to again to have a drink and a bite to eat.

Think there was around 20 plus that turned up but maybe more later after I left I hope.

sunspot
18-10-2013, 00:53
[QUOTE=YOUNG GOLFER;327359]Only stayed for a short time but everyone was chatting away having fun..... Food was very nice as we're the bar staff a nice friendly little bar and one I will go to again to have a drink and a bite to eat.

Think there was around 20 plus that turned up but maybe more later after I left I ho
Well im blaming you and CIM for getting the drink that put me into danger mode, i have had a great night, met some great members and i feel as drunk as a skunk so hey oh bring it on . lets do it again soon, one thing , why did you all leave me to get a taxi home alone, i know the reason..... lightweights, im going to regret this post tomorrow but who gives a dam i have had a ball xxxxxxxxx ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh and by the way great to see Anna and Alfredo xxxx

slodgedad
18-10-2013, 09:31
Sorry didn't make it, I'd been looking forward to it too. My mate was gonna give me a lift but he had to work. Bus stop's too far for me now and I'm still not allowed to drive. Looking forward to the next one, sounds like it was a good turn out. (They must have heard I wasn't coming)

Malteser Monkey
18-10-2013, 11:37
Think there was around 20 plus that turned up but maybe more later after I left I hope.

He brought his family did he ?:crazy:

9PLUS

Where Angusjim anyone seen him ?:respect:

Angusjim
18-10-2013, 12:44
He brought his family did he ?:crazy:

9PLUS

Where Angusjim anyone seen him ?:respect:

What do you want London missing me:argue::lol:

anto3
18-10-2013, 15:19
Pity few of the old faces did not turn up. Ate of the menu. The curry was lovely and also the quiche that came with chips and mushy peas. Would eat there again.

YOUNG GOLFER
18-10-2013, 16:18
Pity few of the old faces did not turn up. Ate of the menu. The curry was lovely and also the quiche that came with chips and mushy peas. Would eat there again.

Not to worry about others who don't turn up Anna ....... sounds like everyone had a nice time and that's all that matters really.;)

Malteser Monkey
18-10-2013, 18:29
What do you want London missing me:argue::lol:

Yeah cor blimey yeah:shy::crazy:

warbey
18-10-2013, 19:05
Well I never.! Anna there too. Sorry We missed You...

Has anyone else noticed that Ecky and Marbro8 are very quiet, as is Carol....?

and nothing on wether Ecky spent up or not.............:crazy::crazy::tiphat::tiphat::dev il2:

melm
18-10-2013, 19:10

and nothing on wether Ecky spent up or not.............:crazy::crazy::tiphat::tiphat::dev il2:

Hangover:idea: maybe:censored:

Angusjim
19-10-2013, 09:02

I heard they were all thrown out of El Mirador by the tourist police after 9PLUS grassed them up:redcard: and they are trying to get money together for new apartments by selling sunglasses & watches round the pubs Carol & Mrs M are doing hair braiding and belly dancing down by the beach really don't think that these activitities will catch on in Tenerife ;):goodluck:

Malteser Monkey
19-10-2013, 09:13
I'll tell ya what they need ....a good ol' English fry up and a cuppa rosie !:respect:

Angusjim
19-10-2013, 09:42
Just got a PM from ECKY the women have had to stop the belly dancing they lost 30euros last night:bellydancer::lol::lol:

Malteser Monkey
19-10-2013, 09:56
Just got a PM from ECKY the women have had to stop the belly dancing they lost 30euros last night:bellydancer::lol::lol:

Ohhhh you're in for a wee..:twak:

Topacciolo
19-10-2013, 13:32
Hi, did the meeting took place or not yet?? if not, pls let me know!! i will be happy to meet some forum´s members!!

melm
19-10-2013, 14:16

I would have been pleased if it was pounds:eyebrows::crazy:

warbey
19-10-2013, 19:57
You could be right A.J.

They are not denying it..........:D:D :flatcap:

anto3
19-10-2013, 22:13
TAPACCIOLO I am going to specsavers this week. Want to come with me

Angusjim
21-10-2013, 15:29
Come on Ecky I saw you on earlier are you no speaking to us:hello:

Malteser Monkey
21-10-2013, 15:40
Come on Ecky I saw you on earlier are you no speaking to us:hello:

just what has he done to be so quiet ! Should we be searching youtube ?

Medman
21-10-2013, 15:53

No fun coz we weren't there, but not man enough to admit it .. :D

Angusjim
21-10-2013, 15:55

That Ecky is a mover http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pEho5tqwfE:lol::lol:

Malteser Monkey
21-10-2013, 16:05
I'll have to wait til I get home to open that - work are funny about vids and attachments

9PLUS
21-10-2013, 18:53
I heard they were all thrown out of El Mirador by the tourist police after 9PLUS grassed them up:redcard: and they are trying to get money together for new apartments by selling sunglasses & watches round the pubs Carol & Mrs M are doing hair braiding and belly dancing down by the beach really don't think that these activitities will catch on in Tenerife ;):goodluck:

I'll have you know I have no problem with El Mirador only Sunset Bay & harbour

cheers

x

TOTO 99
21-10-2013, 20:53
Shouldn't marbro8 be home by now?

When you get out of rehab let us know how it is dude.

I know you've seen Ecky's wallet open by accident..please tell us of the unspeakable horrors that lurk inside there....:lol:

warbey
21-10-2013, 21:04
I can't wait Mate......:D:D

Medman
22-10-2013, 09:48
I am becoming increasingly concerned as the days go by, with the lack of feedback from the Meet Up. I am now of the opinion that something thing drastic has happened and they have all sworn a vow of silence to protect the guilty. There is definately something afoot. A shroud of silence has enveloped this subject. It could be one of many things. Could it be:
1) Ecky Thump got drunk on Dorada Sin ?
2) Marbro8 bought a round ?
3) Carol listened to Ecky ?
4) Sunspot was sober ?
5) Henri turned up and kidnapped them all ?
6) Young Golfer locked them in the bar on the way out ?

Answers please on the back of 20 Euro note.

Malteser Monkey
22-10-2013, 09:58
You missed one out

YG poisened them with his Lamb Roast:D

primrose
22-10-2013, 10:21
You missed one out

YG poisened them with his Lamb Roast:D

You should just have said Lamb,don't think it ever got as far as the oven.

brightonbel
22-10-2013, 10:40
I went and I had a great time meeting new people , everyone was friendly a good evening and I made new contacts , thank you

Malteser Monkey
22-10-2013, 11:08
You should just have said Lamb,don't think it ever got as far as the oven.

You're right - that's why then Lamb tartare - not a good choice :scared:

I went and I had a great time meeting new people , everyone was friendly a good evening and I made new contacts , thank you

Are you sure it was Tenerife forum :lol::D

only joking - nice to hear

Medman
22-10-2013, 12:22

Sounds a bit like the party line to me. Not giving much away. The plots remains thick. ... :D

Malteser Monkey
22-10-2013, 12:42
Sounds a bit like the party line to me. Not giving much away. The plots remains thick. ... :D

I was starting to think that maybe it was all a dream:cheeky:

CIM
22-10-2013, 17:51
Everything was going swell until we started putting the car keys in the bowl then the woman who picked out YG got the hump and it all went downhill from there... :(

YOUNG GOLFER
22-10-2013, 17:53
Yes the truth is out thanks to CIM .....think he was happy with his choice he got Anna.

Angusjim
22-10-2013, 18:04
Everything was going swell until we started putting the car keys in the bowl then the woman who picked out YG got the hump and it all went downhill from there... :(

Well at least someone got a hump:whistle::whistle:

melm
22-10-2013, 19:24
Well at least someone got a hump:whistle::whistle:

anyone been in touch with the local constabulary:doh::scared::wow:

warbey
22-10-2013, 20:57

Silence is golden......so to speak.?

marbro8
22-10-2013, 22:23
ok ok i will give you all an update, the truth is i am in a bit of a daze at the moment because i have just come from paradise to pergatory:lol:, it was a fantastic night, we had about 20 people turn up, about 10 members with their partners? i elected to use the swan as the venue and when we got there they tried to put us out of the way on the roof terrace in the scorching heat with no shade? there was sunspot,ecky,carol,my wife and me, when we got up there we found that most of the room was taken up with people just taking in the last of the nights sun, so we descended back down to the bar, and the look on angie's face as we came down said it all:(, i really don't think that they wanted us there because we would have interfered with their usual clientel:(, anyway the bar started to fill up and by about 8.00 pm everyone was there, and to be fair tony,ang and anthony put on a great buffet at €6 a head, i must give a mention to C.I.M and young golfer who put €40 behind the bar to get everyone a drink, thanks guys it was a fantastic gesture:cheers2:,we had about €8 left so i put a few euros to it and gave it to tony because he told me that there was a shortfall of about €5 for the cost of the buffet???, anyway i think the bar owners where pleased when we vacated because we could make room for their regulars and although they probably only broke even on the food maybe they made a little money on the drinks that we purchased?, thanks again to everyone that turned up :)

Malteser Monkey
23-10-2013, 09:36
Well what a shame - good job you enjoyed each others company.

I was worried that you really had been flattened !:D

candy2411
23-10-2013, 12:48
glad you've re-surfaced marbro, people were getting seriously worriedeek2:

great that you all had a good time, and what a generous gesture by CIM and YG....especially as they probably been working all day and most everyone else was on holiday...

can appreciate how you feel coming back to dreary, miserable UK. It's bad enough in the summer but from now to March it really is a shock to the system.

I'm over at the end of the month and I really don't care if it rains , at least it's warm rain!:)

Angusjim
23-10-2013, 13:59
Ecky I need a Scotsman guide to eating & drinking in Los Cristianos for my trip in December :tiphat::eyebrows:

Malteser Monkey
23-10-2013, 14:11
Ecky I need a Scotsman guide to eating & drinking in Los Cristianos for my trip in December :tiphat::eyebrows:

December ! ahhh right well in the words of 9PLUS

thanks for the warning dear:D

Missingthereef
24-10-2013, 17:04
Just arrived home after a great week in the Reef. Really enjoyed the
meet up at the Swan bar. Pity Slodgie couldn't make it as I had the
password ready! Lovely bunch of people plus good food and drink(s)..
..hic. Thanks to the organisers.

blondie
30-10-2013, 21:52
Hi everyody ,we have just returned from Tenerife this am and yes it is purgatory, what with the rain, the cold and now the dark hate it so much. We were sorry to have missed the meet up as I was so looking forward to putting names to faces . We turned up at the Swan at 6.45pm and hung about outside hoping that someone would seeus ansd ask us if were joining the Forum meeting as we were quite unsure what to expect. We waited a few minutes then walked in to what I can only describe as the atmosphere of a wake, everyone looked up as we walked in but we were given the impression we were not welcome there . We both felt so awkward and uncomfortable we just left. We were going to try again later on after our meal but my OH wasnot not too keen after our first visit. Iam really sorry we missed you all,better luck next time

YOUNG GOLFER
31-10-2013, 01:36
Well I think this post is a little rude.......to say its like a wake .......most people have never met in real life and you have to expect people being a little shy or quite.
Could I just ask you....... I seen a couple walk in and out quickly and they were around 65ish was that you?.

Got to say also hanging around outside might not be the best option when meeting for a forum meet up......go inside and say hi we are all in the same boat make the effort next time.......you might of been treated with a smile or two.

sundownersvince
31-10-2013, 01:58
Yep, wrong attitude. Peeps walk in and out of the bar all day. Just ask at a couple of tables is this where the meet up is? Chances are even if they are not part of it they will engage in conversation. Might even get a few new recruits! Unfortunately I missed it this year, if I had known YG was flashing the cash for all and sundry I would have made more of an effort. :tiphat: Anyway I now know its always Oct 17th. No excuse, flights not expensive at that time of year........:wink:

kathml
31-10-2013, 09:23
Once a good few years ago we were in a bar at bus station when a meet took place and I was thinking of saying who I was but was totally put off getting the feeling I would be intruding on a private party where all the others seemed to know each other so well So I didn't bother and we finished our drink and left and have never been tempted to try again

Medman
31-10-2013, 10:14
Once a good few years ago we were in a bar at bus station when a meet took place and I was thinking of saying who I was but was totally put off getting the feeling I would be intruding on a private party where all the others seemed to know each other so well So I didn't bother and we finished our drink and left and have never been tempted to try again

Kathml, we attended a meet up a couple of years ago at O'Jangles and most of the members there were meeting each other for the first time. There was only 12 of us there; 8 holiday makers and 4 locals. We were second couple to arrive and we saw another coupe that we "suspected" were members and walked over and asked them .. job done, party started. The same happened as the rest arrived and as much as I can remember we all had a great day/night. I appreciate that some people may be uncomfortable with that type of situation, but it's worth making the effort. If you don't enjoy the company once you have met people then obviously it's your choice to leave, but give it a try first. Nobody bites! (apart from Sunspot who is always hungry!! :laugh:) I'll be back.

lynnangela
31-10-2013, 10:54
You get out of these events only what you are prepared to put in. We are all strangers, more or less. When my hubby and I arrived we didn't know anyone, but we asked if this was the right place and that was that, we had a great night! I guess if you are shy it might feel like a big step to break into an existing group, but whats the worst that can happen by just introducing yourself?

It really is a shame that you felt you couldn't stay, all you had to do was say Hi is this the forum meet up? Maybe for the next one, some needs to bring a banner or a poster or something to stick to the wall or on the table. I would be happy to do it, I love these events and cannot wait for the next one.

blondie
31-10-2013, 15:35
ok ok i will give you all an update, the truth is i am in a bit of a daze at the moment because i have just come from paradise to pergatory:lol:, it was a fantastic night, we had about 20 people turn up, about 10 members with their partners? i elected to use the swan as the venue and when we got there they tried to put us out of the way on the roof terrace in the scorching heat with no shade? there was sunspot,ecky,carol,my wife and me, when we got up there we found that most of the room was taken up with people just taking in the last of the nights sun, so we descended back down to the bar, and the look on angie's face as we came down said it all:(, i really don't think that they wanted us there because we would have interfered with their usual clientel:(, anyway the bar started to fill up and by about 8.00 pm everyone was there, and to be fair tony,ang and anthony put on a great buffet at €6 a head, i must give a mention to C.I.M and young golfer who put €40 behind the bar to get everyone a drink, thanks guys it was a fantastic gesture:cheers2:,we had about €8 left so i put a few euros to it and gave it to tony because he told me that there was a shortfall of about €5 for the cost of the buffet???, anyway i think the bar owners where pleased when we vacated because we could make room for their regulars and although they probably only broke even on the food maybe they made a little money on the drinks that we purchased?, thanks again to everyone that turned up :)

I am sorry if I came across as rude in my post, reading it back I quite agree with you. It was after I read Marbros post I thought nobody from the forum musthave been there at that time and had been on the roof terrace. Anyway in retrospect we should have made more of an effort but as we are both quite shy amongst strangers I think this is where the problem lay, if we had been approached instead of stared at things could have been quite different.

marbro8
31-10-2013, 17:47
I am sorry if I came across as rude in my post, reading it back I quite agree with you. It was after I read Marbros post I thought nobody from the forum musthave been there at that time and had been on the roof terrace. Anyway in retrospect we should have made more of an effort but as we are both quite shy amongst strangers I think this is where the problem lay, if we had been approached instead of stared at things could have been quite different.out of about 10 members there with their partners most people had met before, there where about 4 that hadn't, but the 4 that hadn't, all asked "is this the forum meet up" everyone was made to feel welcome and all got on so well that there wasn't a second in the night that no one wasn't talking to someone, as i said in my post although the bar owners looked after us we got the feeling that we where in the way:(, someone did comment on the fact that we don't know who members are when they came in and we should have worn badges, maybe that can be sorted for next time, i did go up to the roof terrace to ask if anyone up there where members just in case, but you do feel a bit of a twit saying it to people that havn't got a clue what you are talking about:ashamed:

Terrynsue
31-10-2013, 19:50
Sue and I were also strangers when we arrived at bo'jangles a couple of years back, we thought wot the eck we are on hols and just spoke to the first person we met who turned out to be Sal and Ollyv, then Anna and Lacy gracy ,on on and on . A great bunch of people (we now call them friends), we are all in the same boat till we say hello, ice broken, its easy people are not going to ignore you, we have met loads of people just by saying hola or hello or even ey up me duck. You know it makes sense.:wave::welcome:

warbey
31-10-2013, 20:30
When You go to some effort to get There, it is worth going to just a little more to ask.

Someone will always answer., but not knowing Anyone and being looked at silently can be offputting.

Some Years ago, there was a weekly meeting at the Apolo Centre. We went, were looked at, and asked.

Job done, providing there is somewhere to sit.?

I too said We need something to Identify as Forum Friends, (as You will become).

YOUNG GOLFER
31-10-2013, 22:00
Well next time a simple forum poster put up in the bar for that night should be enough.....and a few on the tables.

lesbroz
01-11-2013, 10:13
Thanks for a great night folks. Sorry I could not stay longer.

Blondie - I was on my own and they made me feel really welcome!!

Malteser Monkey
01-11-2013, 11:43
out of about 10 members there with their partners most people had met before, there where about 4 that hadn't, but the 4 that hadn't, all asked "is this the forum meet up" everyone was made to feel welcome and all got on so well that there wasn't a second in the night that no one wasn't talking to someone, as i said in my post although the bar owners looked after us we got the feeling that we where in the way:(, someone did comment on the fact that we don't know who members are when they came in and we should have worn badges, maybe that can be sorted for next time, i did go up to the roof terrace to ask if anyone up there where members just in case, but you do feel a bit of a twit saying it to people that havn't got a clue what you are talking about:ashamed:
KirstyJay had a load of badges made up before - don't know if they are still available - wait and see what she has to say - I thought they were a very good idea

I could wear it around Llandudno - might bump into warbey :whistle:

TOTO 99
01-11-2013, 12:18
KirstyJay had a load of badges made up before - don't know if they are still available - wait and see what she has to say - I thought they were a very good idea

I could wear it around Llandudno - might bump into warbey :whistle:

I don't think you or warbey need a badge.....:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
01-11-2013, 12:26
I don't think you or warbey need a badge.....:laugh:

I don't know what you are implying !:whistle:

Angusjim
01-11-2013, 12:27
Badges :crylaughing::crylaughing:

Tshirt
01-11-2013, 15:34
I've got a blue badge.

I'm normally shy when it comes to talking to strangers, but find that people on holiday tend to strike up a conversation more easily, usually starting with....How long have you been here?..Where do you come from?....Where are you staying?.. and sometimes, though rarely. can I buy you a pint?.....:D.

Terrynsue
01-11-2013, 15:47
Warbey and MM would need warning triangles!!:respect:

Malteser Monkey
01-11-2013, 15:54
Warbey and MM would need warning triangles!!:respect:

You say you met Anna - you'll have no trouble with us two !:whistle:

KirstyJay
01-11-2013, 17:19

I could wear it around Llandudno - might bump into warbey :whistle:Funny you should mention them... I fond a bag with some in only 2 days ago, so there are still some left. Also, I think CIM still has some...???

Malteser Monkey
01-11-2013, 17:22
Funny you should mention them... I fond a bag with some in only 2 days ago, so there are still some left. Also, I think CIM still has some...???

Thank you - any chance you could post a pic for our dear Angusjim !

I tried to get onto the old forum but the link isn't working - I have let Slodgie know

KirstyJay
01-11-2013, 17:25
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/02/eparatap.jpg

Here you are.

Malteser Monkey
02-11-2013, 00:26
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/02/eparatap.jpg

Here you are.
Angusjim caen yee stop yaer wee laffin' na:crylaughing:

[/QUOTE]

thanks KJ........

Angusjim
03-11-2013, 09:19
Angusjim caen yee stop yaer wee laffin' na:crylaughing:

thanks KJ........[/QUOTE]

Kirsty & CIM empty your in boxes:laugh:

TOTO 99
03-11-2013, 15:11
I think hats would be more apropriate than badges....:laugh:

Angusjim
03-11-2013, 15:24

Sorry TOTO I don't think you are taking this matter serious:eyebrows::crazy:

marbro8
03-11-2013, 15:31

5145why? i don't class myself as a deputy:cheeky:, and if you wore something like that round here on a dark night you may get strung up yourself:lol:

johnr
13-11-2013, 13:38
Any plans for a forum meet in December or January?

johnr
19-11-2013, 12:29
Guess not?

Malteser Monkey
19-11-2013, 12:48
Guess not?

don't think they've recovered from the last one:scared:

johnr
19-11-2013, 14:31
can understand that. I arrived late, very late and everyone seemed so "happy" I thought best not to disturb them. lol
don't think they've recovered from the last one:scared:

melm
19-11-2013, 19:35
can understand that. I arrived late, very late and everyone seemed so "happy" I thought best not to disturb them. lol

And some have never been seen or heard of since:woo:

slodgedad
19-11-2013, 20:00
Why not start a new thread? This one is about the last meeting.

marbro8
19-11-2013, 20:05
And some have never been seen or heard of since:woo:we ate them:yum:

melm
19-11-2013, 20:35
we ate them:yum:

Food that bad then????????????? at least they would be well pickled:yum::bite:

warbey
19-11-2013, 22:21
we ate them:yum:

A "Finger" Buffet.....?

Malteser Monkey
19-11-2013, 22:43
A "Finger" Buffet.....?

what did happen out there ??

YOUNG GOLFER
19-11-2013, 22:46
what did happen out there ??

Nothing I hope.....but would love to hear from Ecky .

brightonbel
19-11-2013, 23:06
Hi I will have arrived from the 20th December , so happy to meet up , any more interested ?

marbro8
19-11-2013, 23:06
what did happen out there ??:laugh:nothing? we had a great night, i did write a review on the night on an earlier post on this thread ;)

Nothing I hope.....but would love to hear from Ecky .it's no good asking ecky, the sin alcohol didn't agree with his tender system and he had to leave prematurely:crylaughing:, we had to walk carol home :laugh: