PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Transport Who do you insure your car with in Tenerife?

lesbroz
04-09-2013, 16:18
I currently use Zurich for my car insurance and this year the premium has gone up
by 100 Euros (for no reason!!!) So I am looking for a more competitive insurance company.
I would love your opinions (good or bad) to help me make a decision for next year.

casabonny
04-09-2013, 17:58
Zurich here in Spain are generally more expensive than most other insurers , although of course not always.
Be surewhenyou change that you know what you are covered for and if there are any limits or restrictions.
A good and helpful agent is always useful, one that goestheetra mile and is willing to help " out of hours " where required.
Emma at Motorworld will give you a price as will other forum members I am sure.
From personal experience please avoid IBEX as they still owe us a substancial amount of money and being based in Gibralter your hands are tied.

slodgedad
04-09-2013, 23:08
Insurqnce companies are much of a muchness. Living here it's more about the agent you use.

I'm insured with liberty seguros through an agent in Mallorca and have been for 6 years and am totally happy.

Greg
04-09-2013, 23:18
I use Admiral in Los Chris, they were the cheapest quote and they are friendly and efficient too. I always look for a better deal at renewal time but Admiral haven't been beaten yet.

TOPGUN77
05-09-2013, 12:41
Insurqnce companies are much of a muchness. Living here it's more about the agent you use.

I'm insured with liberty seguros through an agent in Mallorca and have been for 6 years and am totally happy.

I got my insurance with them by using Ann Hobson,got a 4 year old Dieasl Toyota Auris covering both of us to drive fully comp for 299 euro.

timmylish
05-09-2013, 23:32
Get in contact with TIS (owner Chris) at Las Chafiras. He is a member of this Forum and as such has a reputation to uphold. I,ve been with him for years thru' Liberty Seguros, a very well known and respected Spanish Insurer. Chris has the benefit of local knowledge but deals with all your potential problems in Spanish (he is fluent!).
922 735841/ 661 908980 are his business and personal nos. pm him on here if necessary at TIS.
btw. I agree with Casabonny re that insurer as I had very major problems with them previously. Coy. registered in Gibralter smell a little?

lesbroz
06-09-2013, 17:23
Get in contact with TIS (owner Chris) at Las Chafiras. He is a member of this Forum and as such has a reputation to uphold. I,ve been with him for years thru' Liberty Seguros, a very well known and respected Spanish Insurer. Chris has the benefit of local knowledge but deals with all your potential problems in Spanish (he is fluent!).
922 735841/ 661 908980 are his business and personal nos. pm him on here if necessary at TIS.
btw. I agree with Casabonny re that insurer as I had very major problems with them previously. Coy. registered in Gibralter smell a little?

Many Thanks for that Timmylish. As the insurance is not due for another 12 months, I will try all the recommendations.

One other point - is it correct that you have to give your old insurer 3 months notice if you are not going to re-new with them (as told to me by Lloyds Bank International.)

Foz
06-09-2013, 17:34
I have always used Linea Directa and have found them really helpful, excellent if/when you have to make a claim and very competitive on price.

Megaloo
06-09-2013, 22:45
I also use Linea Direct with no problems and very helpful.

slodgedad
07-09-2013, 00:31
When I first got my car I rang Linea Directa following up on their advert that they would match any quote (5 years ago) and when I told them what I'd been quoted through Neil Rowley in Majorca they told me to take it.

doncarlos
07-09-2013, 19:06
We use Mapfre but they're bloody expensive. We also use Axa; they used to be OK but seem to be creeping up in price. Recently we've been very happy with Mutua Tinerfeña and will probably move all of our car insurance policies to them.

imablue
07-09-2013, 21:15
Yesterday i received a letter from Zurich who i changed to last September for my car insurance...
Dear customer,
For Zurich each customer is unique and we review your premium in a personalised way,which is why this year your insurance isn,t going up..we have maintained the annual cost of your policy at €xxx.xx... so i,m very happy with my quote ...
Who knows next year it may well go up ...but surely not as much as OP has had quoted ...???

canarybird
08-09-2013, 08:37
I use AXA through Pesegur in Los Realejos and the cost of my insurance has gone down this year.

lesbroz
08-09-2013, 20:04
Yesterday i received a letter from Zurich who i changed to last September for my car insurance...
Dear customer,
For Zurich each customer is unique and we review your premium in a personalised way,which is why this year your insurance isn,t going up..we have maintained the annual cost of your policy at €xxx.xx... so i,m very happy with my quote ...
Who knows next year it may well go up ...but surely not as much as OP has had quoted ...???

Not over until the end of the month, but if yours hasn't changed, I shall definitely be querying why mine has gone up so much.:confused:

Thanks

timmylish
10-09-2013, 02:51
Liberty have reduced the two premiums we presently have on cars. However, as I,ve repeatedly stated the cost of the insurance is not the only matter to consider. Back up, English speaking (natural English I mean!) assistance both in taking up a Policy but most importantly if there is a claim to be made or an accident being involved. The insurer being reputable (one mentioned in this thread is not). make sure you get all inc. and not 3rd. party etc. Also calculate the excess you are considering in relation to the premium.
Household policies are required to have a 3 month canx. period to allow you change insurer but when it comes to cars I think not! Look at your Policy as it will tell you.
Whatever you decide, hope you don,t need them!