PDA

View Full Version : Puerto de Santiago vs. Adeje

GeordieChris
05-09-2013, 16:39
Hi all,

Looking for a one week break in April with the good lady wife, and Tenerife/Lanzarote seem the only viable choices. We are all but set on Tenerife but now have the decision of two hotels: either the Be Live up in Pto de Santiago, or the Isabel in Adeje. Trying to draw up a list of pros and cons, but it's going to be a tough decision. The Be Live seems to have excellent reviews and the hotel itself looks very appealing, however it looks like it's out in the middle of nowhere so could prove costly getting to/from PDLA in taxis for nights out (looking forward to visiting Linekers and DownUnder again!). That said, Isabel is still going to require a taxi, but it is much closer and still has fairly decent reviews (but costs more!).

Has anyone stayed in either hotel or know of anyone who has who might be able to help us make our minds up please? Either way, we are going All Inclusive and will still probably look to eat out once or twice in the week and certainly drink out several nights!! :cheeky:

Cheers

Chris

marbro8
05-09-2013, 17:33
never been to either hotel mate but if it was me personally i wouldn't entertain going AI, with all the choice you have in las americas and los cris and how cheap food and drink is it just seems mad not to go self catering???, a nice 1 bed apartment (legal of course);)

JaBBa
05-09-2013, 17:47
Have to agree with marbro,i never do AI in tenny no more,far cheaper and more choice now....

Red Devil
05-09-2013, 19:29
I havent been in either but I would choose PDLA everytime.
My sister has stayed at the Be Live La Nina hotel at Torviscas and liked it so much they are going back again this year.
They were all inclusive and beer, wine etc was good quality and the food was lovely. We paid and had the lunchtime buffet with them there a couple of times so can recommend it.
Also its very well situated for Fanabe beach and promenade into Las Americas or onto Los Cristianos or, going the other way, to Del Duque beach and on to La Caleta.

AL JAY
05-09-2013, 19:56
Im a bit confused here as to why you narrowed it down to either of them hotels,I also agree with Red Devil that if you must go with the AI option and want to be in an ideal spot then the " Be Live La Nina" is hard to beat!!!

imablue
05-09-2013, 20:14
Isabel for me wins hands down on what you are asking for ...taxis from P. Santiago would break anyones holiday money bank ...after all its at least 25-30 mins away from Adeje ...

GeordieChris
05-09-2013, 20:26
The reason for AI guys is because it is only £100-£150 more for the two of us over and above SC, therefore we will make our money back just on brekkies and daytime drinks. It's down to those two hotels because unfortunately due to the fixed dates we require, availability and price play a huge part (along with our limited choice of tour operators here in Northern Ireland). Thanks for all of your comments so far!

Chris

imablue
05-09-2013, 21:15
Again i emphasize the fact that if you know the likes of Linekers etc.around PDLA ...you would be paying a fortune in taxis to get to and from P. Santiago....as against ..Isabel..
and there are loads of places to go to around that area i.e. Fañabe ..Torviscas ...San Eugenio.. much closer to Isabel ..

angiebabes
05-09-2013, 21:21
I go to the gym attached to Be live in p.s. and it has gone hill so much since Be Live took over from Springs. The hotel itself is very nice but it now seems to attract a lot of Czek and Russian folk and the general standard has dropped a lot. As already said if you want las America's, you are too far away in p.s. and it is much different and quieter.

AL JAY
05-09-2013, 21:25
Take a look at this site Chris!

http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/holidays/spain/holidays_in_tenerife.html

Red Devil
05-09-2013, 22:13
Take a look at this site Chris!

http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/holidays/spain/holidays_in_tenerife.html

Thats who my sister booked with AJ and it was cheaper than booking direct with the hotel

GeordieChris
06-09-2013, 11:09
Travel Republic are great. Just a shame that flights from Northern Ireland aren't that great. Easy have just announced their schedule for April and surprise surprise, Belfast-Tenerife is not included. So I can go via Gatwick (or use Thomas Cook direct), but either option doesn't save too much - and having a mother as a travel agent helps by getting us a little extra discount :-)

I think on balance, PDS is now out of the question - just keeping my eyes open to see if any of the others that have been recommended pop up in a search as don't really want to be paying much more than £500pp especially since we are planning on 3 weeks in Thailand come July!

Cheers

Chris

ribuck
06-09-2013, 19:15
... could prove costly getting to/from PDLA in taxis for nights out ...

If you're going to PDLA for nights out, you would be crazy to stay in Puerto de Santiago. It's not just the cost of taxis, but also the time it takes to get from PDLA to Puerto de Santiago.

I love Puerto de Santiago, and have stayed a couple of times at Tamaimo Tropical (cheap and cheerful), but Puerto Santiago is a base for walking in the hills and messing around in the sea. It's not a base for serious nightlife.