PDA

View Full Version : Where are the best Chinese restaurants in South Tenerife?

Heffalumpy
30-05-2011, 17:35
Where is the Chinese you recommend to eat in?.

For me.

The Great Wall, in San Blas CC Golf del Sur.

YOUNG GOLFER
30-05-2011, 17:39
I like the one in Torviscas Pekin Palace....they seem to have a lot more on offer:)

Sal
30-05-2011, 17:43
I love Golden Resources upstairs in Oasis Passarella shopping centre In Los Cris.
Usually eat there several times on each holiday!

Zara
30-05-2011, 18:21
I like the one in Torviscas Pekin Palace....they seem to have a lot more on offer:)

I live that one too as well as Slowboat 2 in San Telmo - one I donīt like is Fu Xin (http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/2010/12/13/fu-xin-chinese-restaurant-los-cristianos/) :run:

ruffus
30-05-2011, 18:33
Yes Zara, we like Slow Boat 2 in San Telmo too, and Slow Boat 5 at Los Cristianos

Zara
30-05-2011, 19:32
Yes Zara, we like Slow Boat 2 in San Telmo too, and Slow Boat 5 at Los Cristianos

Is that the one by the children's playground near the beach - if so I havenīt been to it but heard it is good. I have also heard that there is one by Parque Santiago III that knocks the socks of both of them, so something to try out.

Tom and Lesley
03-06-2011, 18:59
We love the Golden Resources. It's upstairs on the corner above the SPAR in Oasis Passarella shopping centre In Los Cris.
We eat there several times on each holiday! They also do an excellent take away but you have to go and collect it
Overseas is equally as good they also deliver takeaways.

marbro8
03-06-2011, 19:11
I love Golden Resources upstairs in Oasis Passarella shopping centre In Los Cris.
Usually eat there several times on each holiday!good call sal, we have eaten there several times and had no problems, although my wife had "fillet steak cantonese style" and the meat was tough as old boots because in tenerife you can call any part of the cow fillet, we did have a word with the owner and he refunded some of the bill,we have heard that the chinese down the hill from there towards the front opposite the market and next door to the bank on the corner is very good but we did not get to try it last time we were there because we tried another new one and i ended up being violently ill and was in bed for 3 days!! but i will not name the place because i can not prove it was food poisoning, it could well have been a bug so it would be a little unfair

bonitatime
03-06-2011, 19:37
We now only do cheap and cheerful buffets if we are eating chinese. Recently we have been eating in the one near Hiper Trebol just outside Adeje.

imablue
03-06-2011, 20:00
Is that the one by the children's playground near the beach - if so I havenīt been to it but heard it is good. I have also heard that there is one by Parque Santiago III that knocks the socks of both of them, so something to try out.

thats the Khong Tsha ..if travelling by taxi i,d ask for La Rana on PS 4... and cross the road to PS 3...it may avoid any confusion over the chinese name .....

Pooch and Mutt
03-06-2011, 20:47
good call sal, we have eaten there several times and had no problems, although my wife had "fillet steak cantonese style" and the meat was tough as old boots because in tenerife you can call any part of the cow fillet, we did have a word with the owner and he refunded some of the bill,we have heard that the chinese down the hill from there towards the front opposite the market and next door to the bank on the corner is very good but we did not get to try it last time we were there because we tried another new one and i ended up being violently ill and was in bed for 3 days!! but i will not name the place because i can not prove it was food poisoning, it could well have been a bug so it would be a little unfair

i think you are mistaken, it is called "the golden showers"
i have not been myself but it says that the opening hours are midnight til 06.00 hrs and its 50 euros for 30 minutes.
sounds like its teppanyukky!!

cinnamon
03-06-2011, 20:49
definitely for me peking palace....

Leam_Lin
03-06-2011, 21:47
definitely for me peking palace....

Yes. us also next to Amanda's opposite La Nina.

Incognita
03-06-2011, 22:20
For me it is Overseas thats the favourite, especially since it moved to its new home in the Passerella Shopping Centre from its old home in San Marino

Nafnut
03-06-2011, 22:53
Oh I was going to get a takeaway from there tomorrow, didn't realise it had moved... where is the Passerella Shopping Centre please?

marbro8
03-06-2011, 23:03
Oh I was going to get a takeaway from there tomorrow, didn't realise it had moved... where is the Passerella Shopping Centre please?underneath the golden resources more or less, next to manhattan bar just up from the el mirador strip

sunspot
03-06-2011, 23:24
For me it is Overseas thats the favourite, especially since it moved to its new home in the Passerella Shopping Centre from its old home in San Marino

Got to be Overseas,i hate the buffet eat all you can jobbies,all tastes the same and overpowered by all the onions they add to everything

Leam_Lin
03-06-2011, 23:27
Got to be Overseas,i hate the buffet eat all you can jobbies,all tastes the same and overpowered by all the onions they add to everything

Try the Pekin Palace, its a bit different to the other buffets.

marbro8
03-06-2011, 23:34
some people say that merlin is a good buffet just opposite the herefordshire bull is ok?

Tenerife_Smurf
04-06-2011, 10:11

Oh I was going to get a takeaway from there tomorrow, didn't realise it had moved... where is the Passerella Shopping Centre please?

I didn't realise it had moved either. Thank you for the information! ;)

conway
04-06-2011, 15:56
Pekin Palace Torviscus

parkiepie
12-06-2011, 23:42
We have arrived back to the uk from our holiday in los cristanos and the family love the Golden Resources. It's upstairs on the corner above the SPAR in Oasis Passarella shopping centre the food is fab and the service is brill well recommended !!!

Ian_N
13-06-2011, 00:16
The Rong Cheng in San Isidro........for a sit down meal, expensive comparatively speaking if you use buffet restaurants (which I do). The quality is outstanding. If MSG is an issue, tell them as they will do your food without it.

cjd01
13-06-2011, 09:28
SORRY - I Know not south but same subject - Any good Chineses in Los Gigantes area - there used to be a FAB one on the corner of Vigila Park (think thats the correct spelling) but thats gone!

9PLUS
13-06-2011, 09:45
I've been to the Pekin Palace and didnt think it was the most hygienic of places

Where as Khong Tsha is pure style and quality better for me to pay that little extra to see inside the kitchen.

I've worked in a lot of Chinese restaurants i wouldn't eat in most.

imablue
13-06-2011, 12:27
thats good enough advise for all on here Mark...cheers .....

NikkiB
16-06-2011, 23:33
For us, although not strictly chinese we love Sukura Teipanyaki in golf del sur, Jimmy is a wonderful host and the food is outstanding. We always end up there a few times everytime we're over.

clipityclop
17-06-2011, 12:26
hi

well I love the overseas chinese rest , its behind the main bus station in Los Christianos ,also if its not on the menu I have asked for dishes they have cooked , lovely people and food is always brilliant in my opinion over many years

TOTO 99
17-06-2011, 12:40
hi

well I love the overseas chinese rest , its behind the main bus station in Los Christianos ,also if its not on the menu I have asked for dishes they have cooked , lovely people and food is always brilliant in my opinion over many years

Not any more it isn't.. They've moved.

Sorry, that seems a little unhelpful..They're in the Passarella near El Mirador.

clipityclop
17-06-2011, 12:54
thanks , I havent been for a while and was thinking of going next week , is it still the same people who own and run it

TOTO 99
17-06-2011, 13:01
thanks , I havent been for a while and was thinking of going next week , is it still the same people who own and run it

Yes, stil the same people, slightly different style. They just thought they could pull in more passing trade up there. If you try it please let us know how you go on.

clipityclop
17-06-2011, 14:05
hi

could you give me the exact location , im not sure if its the mirador near the duque beach or is it somewhere else thankyou

Yes, stil the same people, slightly different style. They just thought they could pull in more passing trade up there. If you try it please let us know how you go on.

Incognita
17-06-2011, 14:13
No its the El Mirador complex in Los Cristianos - Up the hill towards Beverley Hills / Royal Palm Etc - Oasis Del Sur is the region

tracey
17-06-2011, 15:12
Well thats tonights dinner sorted!!!!

Added after 6 Hours 5 minutes:

mmm was lovely :love:

Rikkig
17-06-2011, 23:40
Rong Chech in The Patch in Las Americas is great. Always visit it a couple of times when we are over - great quality food, and cheap too

Now if I could just find a good Indian I'd be happy !

Ed3229
09-08-2011, 12:48
Just want a few ideas for eating out because the people coming with us this year like Chinese food.The deal is we go Chinese with them if they try Canarian food............:thanx:

Zara
09-08-2011, 13:08
IMO Pekin Palace in San Eugenio - I donīt like buffets that stand around for hours on end but this one is topped up every few minutes as they only put out small quantities. The sushi is also good.

Leam_Lin
09-08-2011, 13:15
IMO Pekin Palace in San Eugenio - I donīt like buffets that stand around for hours on end but this one is topped up every few minutes as they only put out small quantities. The sushi is also good.

I also think this is the best one.

AL JAY
09-08-2011, 13:22
Although i like Chinese food i am not a fan of the buffet style, For a sit down meal i like the Slowboat Puerto Colon and Frankies " Restaurante China" just past Shenannigans at the Patch!

cinnamon
09-08-2011, 13:37
i can second that!

golazzo
16-08-2011, 17:51

Yeah, that's the Khong Tsha, best Cantonese ive ever had.

KirstyJay
16-08-2011, 18:51
Always liked wok's cooking near the hotel Vulcano, the one down from The Pub does a nice Satay and the place on the little road down the side of Amanda's bar is nice too.

If you fancy a trip to Santa Cruz, then try the place on the top floor of the Meridiano shopping centre. They do a Mongolian buffet and sushi as part of their all-you-can-eat for about 8-10€ during the week, or 12€ at weekends. It's delicious! :yum:

hackney58
17-08-2011, 16:39
For me Restaurant china on the patch opposite the sax bar.
not buffet and not cheap, but excellent food, well worth the extra.

e85
21-08-2011, 12:01
my favourite chinese is the slow boat in puerto colon, always fresh and very tasty.

Garfield
23-08-2011, 19:25
Last time we were in Tenerife (2006) we went to a chinese at puerto colon near the beach (up some stairs), may have been the Peking Garden ? Anyway was excellent then, so how is it now as we are going again in June 2012

Also anyone any opinions on the folllowing:
Odissea (seafood) restaurant in Costa Adeje
El Mago (Local cuisine) restaurant in Costa Adeje
Harriets (Coffee & Cakes) in Costa Adeje

Jinty
06-12-2011, 13:41
I appreciate this thread is about the Overseas but I just have to mention a wee Chinese restaurant we always use when in Tenerife that is as good as any Chinese I have ever been to. It's on CC Funchal in Los Cristianos which is just opposite the Tenerife Sur complex.

pbasonuk
27-03-2012, 18:58
Hi

I need a decent Chinese in the South to eat at. I do a lot of the local food when I'm in Tenerife but I really like to stuff my face with unhealthy food when I arrive off the plane as I'm starving from the 10 hours travelling from home to apartment.

The last one I went to was Senor Wang (I'm not kidding on the name) at the shopping centre down the road from us.

dotty1
28-03-2012, 11:26
Slow Boat in Puerto Colon for me lovely food and staff..........................................

grampa
31-08-2012, 11:11
We found The Overseas Chinese Restaurant in Los Cristianos (opposite El Mirador) to be be the best we've ever eatin in, not only in Tenerife but in UK also. It is not the cheapest but the food is outstanding. The staff are very friendly and you can see into the kitchen. We used to eat at those restaurants where you got a free bottle of wine but at least when you pay for your wine you get a better quality wine. As retired restauranteurs we tend to eat out most evenings and we never go anywhere else for chinese.

tfs1
28-10-2012, 14:20
anyone eaten at the 'Many Stars' in Los Cristianos. Some feedback from a few years ago was not that complementary - has it got better ?

Thanks TFS1

penelope pitstop
28-10-2012, 14:29
Our favourite is the Peking Garden up stairs in Puerto Colon. Great cheap set menu options too.

blondie
28-10-2012, 16:11
Over the many years we have frequented chinese restaurants in Tenerife we found one 3 years ago that ticked all the boxes and have returned to it time after time. Sorry dont know the name of the streetbut if you know the Noelia Sur hotel ,its not far from there , below the large supermarket and next door to O LaLa andthe Chieftan pub. It is called HUA DU and is thecleanest place I have ever seen, the tiled floors look as if you are walking on water,so shiny as are the toilets. Sorry , garbling again , the food and prices are excellent, give it a go , you will return.

golazzo
22-03-2013, 07:57
Khong Tsha on Santiago 111. Thread closed. Lol

Chine
25-03-2014, 22:10
My vote goes to the Great Wall in San blas
Great food and service , in fact it's one of the best I've been to anywhere

LUCKY
25-03-2014, 23:33
.................................................. .....................? oopps :flatcap:

slodgedad
25-03-2014, 23:40
Slowboat. Especially the one at Puerto Colon. San Telmo a close second.

sweetheart
26-03-2014, 10:45
The food is great and the staff are really friendly...in the Great Wall

marbro8
04-07-2014, 22:59
;)
Slowboat. Especially the one at Puerto Colon. San Telmo a close second.we are only there for 3 days in august slodge and my best friend from work is staying at the jacaranda, so we want to meet up for a meal probably a chinese, so would the slow boat in puerto colon still be a good choice mate?

slodgedad
05-07-2014, 19:41
;)we are only there for 3 days in august slodge and my best friend from work is staying at the jacaranda, so we want to meet up for a meal probably a chinese, so would the slow boat in puerto colon still be a good choice mate?
Defobloodynitely. Went last week with the family and it was as good as ever

imablue
06-07-2014, 00:05
Top restaurant in that area..we ate there last Sunday. So much food we took the doggie bag home and fed ourselves the next day ..as well!!

ruffus
06-07-2014, 10:26
The Great Wall at San Blas is the best Chinese that we have been to. There food is always perfect, never a bad meal, and the service is brilliant. Would never go anywhere else. People should try this restaurant for certain

marbro8
15-08-2014, 20:16
Slowboat. Especially the one at Puerto Colon. San Telmo a close second.have you got the number to the slowboat porto colon slodge? we have arranged to see friends next saturday in there so wanted to book a table;)

Ecky Thump
15-08-2014, 20:19
have you got the number to the slowboat porto colon slodge? we have arranged to see friends next saturday in there so wanted to book a table;)

The magic of Google

Restaurants - Chinese in Tenerife - Business Pages Tenerife
www.bptenerife.com › Business
Business: Hong Kong · Directory Phone Number: 922 728 465 · provided by. Directory Phone ... Number 922 795 395. THE SLOW BOAT PUERTO COLON

slodgedad
15-08-2014, 20:20
have you got the number to the slowboat porto colon slodge? we have arranged to see friends next saturday in there so wanted to book a table;)

922 713 416

marbro8
15-08-2014, 20:26
922 713 416cheers mate your a star:)

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

The magic of Google

Restaurants - Chinese in Tenerife - Business Pages Tenerife
www.bptenerife.com › Business
Business: Hong Kong · Directory Phone Number: 922 728 465 · provided by. Directory Phone ... Number 922 795 395. THE SLOW BOAT PUERTO COLONand thank you as well mate, another star:)

slodgedad
15-08-2014, 20:31
The number I gave is different to the other but it is the one on the menu stuck on our fridge. It's the one I use

imablue
15-08-2014, 20:41
Me too 922 71 34 16 though i go 922 713 416 ....:whistle:

marbro8
27-08-2014, 19:21
well we went on saturday and i must admit it was probably the best chinese food we have had in our 8 years of visiting tenerife,those are the good points,just a few gripes though,we had a 9 year old with us that only wanted a child portion of special curry and they refused,the service even though they were not full was very slow,and we wanted crispy duck for one person as a starter but they only gave us the option of a full duck at €14:(

timmylish
28-08-2014, 12:48
I,m interested in this relative to the Slowboat in PC. I want to get a largish take-away (carrie-oot for us) but having surveyed the parking choices there appear to be none. Any ideas. Suppose I could phone and just dump the car in the taxi-rank for a couple of minutes.

Leam_Lin
28-08-2014, 12:56
J. Slowboat do a delivery service, not sure of the cost.

More or less adjacent to the taxis there is parking, supposed to go & pay to go thru the barrier but you could do a sneaky u turn & back up the hill.

seal420
28-08-2014, 23:52
No delivery charge and you still get your free wine