PDA

View Full Version : Laws & Regulations Fraudulent business practice in Tenerife

SDGILL 58
06-09-2013, 16:26
Hello Everyone

Could anybody help with advice about this situation? much appreciated in advance.

On the 27th march 2013 my mother purchased a Yushica camera from an Asian shopkeeper based in Adeje. Here is the address
The Swami
C.C.PLAYA ,LOCAL NO 1
SAN EUGENIO BAJO
38600 . ADEJE -TENERIFE.
My mother was bullied into buying an overpriced camera with accessories,that she did not want. She returned the item's but kept the camera. She was supposed to be refunded for the items returned . She was given receipts in the shop , when she returned to the UK and checked her credit card statement the refunds had not been made. The fact remains that my mother has a camera worth £80-£100 pounds and the total taken from her account was £2417. The bank will not recover the money because she willingly bought the items under pressure and bullying. I have emailed several relevant authority's . We are flying back to Tenerife on the 29th October for 9 days . A friend mentioned that they in a similar situation held a protest outside the shop with placards . Could anyone give further advice on action that could be taken during our 9 day stay. Many thanks SD GILL

9PLUS
06-09-2013, 16:36
Keeping your calm and informing them if they dont play along youll kick up a right fusión and get the papers, policía and consumo involved.

Take photo copies of document once you get it sorted, say fingers cross and youre going to make a fuss anyhow.

Give them the finger and shout SUCKERS

junglejim
06-09-2013, 17:39
Read this thread

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?7709-Consumer-Rights-Office-What-to-do-if-you-think-you-ve-been-ripped-off-in-Tenerife&highlight=consumer+protection

Leam_Lin
06-09-2013, 18:41
Take this as a warning do NOT buy anything from these shops in Tenerife. They promise 'you can bring back for a refund' just try & the fun/harassment begins.

trevorife2
06-09-2013, 18:56
Just one look at these people outside their shops waiting for their prey makes my skin crawl ..

warbey
06-09-2013, 19:46

I know it's too late now, but, I never take a Credit Card out with Me without reason.

No Card, They soon lose Interest.... . Sad thing is , there a a small Few who are seemingly decent People.

Foz
06-09-2013, 20:19
Have you actually contacted the credit card company .... they are often more helpful than the bank.

marbro8
06-09-2013, 20:30
i never give them the time of day, i nearly ended up giving one a smack a few years ago just at the bottom of the steps where aunties used to be, he shouted something like fatty to me because i just walked passed without even looking at him, but like my wife said as she calmed me down "they are not worth it":angry:

Leam_Lin
06-09-2013, 20:45
i never give them the time of day, i nearly ended up giving one a smack a few years ago just at the bottom of the steps where aunties used to be, he shouted something like fatty to me because i just walked passed without even looking at him, but like my wife said as she calmed me down "they are not worth it":angry:

OH used to sit at Kitty O'sheas & watch the b**gers hassling people to buy their stuff, we had trouble
at a shop in San Eugenio shopping centre approx 10 years ago, nothing changes!

warbey
06-09-2013, 20:55
OH used to sit at Kitty O'sheas & watch the b**gers hassling people to buy their stuff, we had trouble
at a shop in San Eugenio shopping centre approx 10 years ago, nothing changes!

Someone started a Thread about 18 months ago, about the San Eugenio Area..

Still at it.....

It's a shame, I like that complex and the Downstairs Hypermarket.... Couple of nice Snack Bars too......

trevorife2
06-09-2013, 20:58
They are worth it mate .... They are worth a good hiding !!

marbro8
06-09-2013, 21:24
at a shop in San Eugenio shopping centre approx 10 years ago, nothing changes!someone should take out a full page add in the local paper warning people to steer clear, or a poster on a few lamp posts:mad:, just wondering if there are any law abiding descent asian traders in tenerife???

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

They are worth it mate .... They are worth a good hiding !!:lol: true but there where about 4 of them so as angry as i was my wife was probably right:lol:, but i would have deffo gone back with a few boys if they where up for it;)

trevorife2
06-09-2013, 21:31
Id rather take a chance at bescott market lol ... Serious note .. I dont know why people go on holiday to buy these so called quality electrical stuff its clearly rubbish

marbro8
06-09-2013, 21:53
Id rather take a chance at bescott market lol ... Serious note .. I dont know why people go on holiday to buy these so called quality electrical stuff its clearly rubbishi think one of their ploys is to show you the top notch gear and when you come to buy it they switch it so you end up taking the crap stuff home, also they overcharge you but you don't know untill you get back

Leam_Lin
06-09-2013, 22:22
i think one of their ploys is to show you the top notch gear and when you come to buy it they switch it so you end up taking the crap stuff home, also they overcharge you but you don't know untill you get back

Agree, they think you are only here for 2 weeks max & very surprised when you go back 3 weeks later.

trevorife2
06-09-2013, 22:29
Agree, they think you are only here for 2 weeks max & very surprised when you go back 3 weeks later.

Old Abdul's face would be a picture hahaha

Leam_Lin
07-09-2013, 00:04
Old Abdul's face would be a picture hahaha

At the time different excuses - the boss is not here until ??????????? then he is ill - all time delays, finally OH stood outside the shop telling whoever was about what bandits they were. LOL cash refund soon appeared.

blondie
07-09-2013, 15:52
Many years ago we were stupid enough to go into one of these shops, when it dawned on me what they were up to I let rip embarassing my OH no end , afew of them stood across the doorway to prevent us leaving then I really went to town using phrases I bet they had never heard before, they soon stood aside. The funny thing is one of the guys from the shop still remembers me to this day and goes out of his way to speak to me, I still tell him I would not buy a box of matches from any of them , that they are giving Tenerife a bad name and the Internet is awash with stories about them and I am surprised they ever have customers at all now, his reply , they only need one now and again.

primrose
07-09-2013, 16:11
Hello Everyone

Could anybody help with advice about this situation? much appreciated in advance.

On the 27th march 2013 my mother purchased a Yushica camera from an Asian shopkeeper based in Adeje. Here is the address
The Swami
C.C.PLAYA ,LOCAL NO 1
SAN EUGENIO BAJO
38600 . ADEJE -TENERIFE.
My mother was bullied into buying an overpriced camera with accessories,that she did not want. She returned the item's but kept the camera. She was supposed to be refunded for the items returned . She was given receipts in the shop , when she returned to the UK and checked her credit card statement the refunds had not been made. The fact remains that my mother has a camera worth £80-£100 pounds and the total taken from her account was £2417. The bank will not recover the money because she willingly bought the items under pressure and bullying. I have emailed several relevant authority's . We are flying back to Tenerife on the 29th October for 9 days . A friend mentioned that they in a similar situation held a protest outside the shop with placards . Could anyone give further advice on action that could be taken during our 9 day stay. Many thanks SD GILL

Did your Mother get a receipt for the returned goods.

SDGILL 58
21-09-2013, 13:18
Dear All

I recently posted a thread in this section explaining that my mother was aggressively mis- sold goods at a fraudulent shop called the SWAMI in Tenerife. She was even sold a tablet/laptop on her bill that she never even looked at.
Could anybody offer any practical advice about getting her refund when we fly back to Tenerife in late october this year.
Such as examples of success in this area .
USEFUL ADDRESSES IN TENERIFE OR ANYWHERE .
EXAMPLES OF PROTEST ATTEMPTS AND DEMONSTRATIONS THAT HAVE WORKED AND PROVED FRUITFUL IN GETTING RESULTS .
any further help or advice would be very much appreciated , i am only striving for justice for my 76 year old mother.
Regards SD GILL

junglejim
21-09-2013, 13:27
This link was posted to you last time you came on ,lots of advice on it

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?7709-Consumer-Rights-Office-What-to-do-if-you-think-you-ve-been-ripped-off-in-Tenerife

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

This link was posted to you last time you came on ,lots of advice on it

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?7709-Consumer-Rights-Office-What-to-do-if-you-think-you-ve-been-ripped-off-in-Tenerife