View Full Version : Excursions Loro Parque, Puerto del la Cruz, North Tenerife

Heffalumpy
30-05-2011, 17:46
Loro Parque.

One of the best days out you can have.

I am the seals best kisser!!!!!!

Worldwalker
13-07-2011, 14:31
The Loro Parque is very beautiful but orcas or dolphines should not live in such a park!:smack:

marbro8
13-07-2011, 20:15
The Loro Parque is very beautiful but orcas or dolphines should not live in such a park!:smack: i know what you are saying, that wild animals should not be kept in captivity, but sometimes they are born in captivity and to let them back in to the wild would be a death sentence, and look at the newspaper reports on some of them being kept in swimming pools in turkey!!, i have been to loro park and it was a magnificent show and the animals seem to be loved and cared for so maybe it better for them to live happily in captivity than starve and die free:)

warbey
13-07-2011, 21:17
I have visited Loro Parque twice.
I then found Loro means Parrot. They have more than a few.
Its a lovely Day out for Kids too. including the Show with Parrots performoing tricks.
Monkeys Sea Lions and Penguins too.

Worldwalker
20-07-2011, 09:40
i know what you are saying, that wild animals should not be kept in captivity, but sometimes they are born in captivity and to let them back in to the wild would be a death sentence, and look at the newspaper reports on some of them being kept in swimming pools in turkey!!, i have been to loro park and it was a magnificent show and the animals seem to be loved and cared for so maybe it better for them to live happily in captivity than starve and die free:)

Yeah i understand your point, but for me exactly this shows make it even more worse. Animals are not there to do tricks. This show me that Loro Parque is not a park which is interested in species conservation. NO. They want to earn only Money by artistic shows. Maybe it is funny to see dolphines jumping through a ring but this could never be adequate animal housing.

Ecky Thump
20-07-2011, 09:48
The Loro Parque is a great day out for all the family, but be aware that to buy snacks there is expensive, so take food with you, also be aware that the Gorillas do throw objects at you as they do in the wild, the only way to describe what they throw is....POO!:eek:

Zara
20-07-2011, 10:40
The Loro Parque is a great day out for all the family, but be aware that to buy snacks there is expensive, so take food with you, also be aware that the Gorillas do throw objects at you as they do in the wild, the only way to describe what they throw is....POO!:eek:

But unlike the folks in the bank ...... you are protected by the glass - the biggest guy also gave me the finger

howard thornton
20-07-2011, 10:45
But unlike the folks in the bank ...... you are protected by the glass - the biggest guy also gave me the finger

maybe the big guy has heard all about you mum. nice place that loro parque,well worth a visit.

Bonoboy
24-08-2011, 12:36
cant seem to find it :S

canarybird
24-08-2011, 12:59
Here it is:

http://canarybird.smugmug.com/Other/Miscellaneous-1/i-vXW8BvP/0/XL/snap1368-XL.jpg

http://canarybird.smugmug.com/Other/Miscellaneous-1/i-SWcXW3h/0/XL/snap1366-XL.jpg