PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Where can I buy a cheap second hand mountain bike in Tenerife?

SparklySkies
10-09-2013, 21:00
Hola,

Looking for a cheap bike no more than 100E to get me around. Dont want an expensive bike as worried it will get stolen!

Tried 'Bike point' in las americas but cheapest they have is around 450E. Also tried the small shop in El Camison Los Cristianos, nothing right now.

Aware I can pick up a cheap one in Carrefour but I don't have transport to get the bike back home (Costa Adeje).

Can you take bikes on the Titsa buses e.g. from Los cristianos to Carrefour Santa Cruz? Or is there a Carrefour or shop that will sell very cheap new bikes closer to Costa Adeje in South?

Thanks

ameal4two
10-09-2013, 21:26
Try bike shop by round about in guaza

SparklySkies
11-09-2013, 10:17
Okay found it thanks. Will have a look. :-)

slodgedad
11-09-2013, 11:09
Okay found it thanks. Will have a look. :-)
Can you report how you get on? My daughter is after a bike for work now I'm not allowed to drive.

timmylish
11-09-2013, 12:39
Bike shop on main street in San Isidro seems to do very well. Always busy and see a variety of differing types going in and out.
What about the auctions. Over the last 2 months I must have seen 6 bikes of various types on sale and of course the prices are reasonable.

ciderhunter
11-09-2013, 15:56
Try Guaza car boot. Open every Sunday morning behind the BP petrol station.

SparklySkies
14-09-2013, 19:20
Can you report how you get on? My daughter is after a bike for work now I'm not allowed to drive.

Hi, a forum member messaged me with a bike he had for sale. Ended up buying that.

My brother still wants a bike so will keep you updated. He might try the car boot in Guaza on Sunday.

Best way to go seems to be asking on here :-)

honda
16-09-2013, 14:55
Try Guaza car boot. Open every Sunday morning behind the BP petrol station.

One stall selling only bikes and parts/spares. 10 / 20 bikes for sale each week.

SparklySkies
29-09-2013, 12:52
Hi just an update, both my brother and I found second hand bikes through asking on this forum. But recommend the Guaza car boot also has second hand bikes. Sports shop in El Duque shopping centre has cheap bikes also, next door to Isabel hotel. :-) Also I'll probably be selling my bike in 6 months...