PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants Pimms Restaurante, Los Cristianos, Tenerife

sunspot
23-06-2011, 09:20
Went out to this Restaurants last night and had a really good meal.
I opted for the 3 course special and choose out of 6 starters the Garlic mushrooms,then i had Peppered steak with salad & Canarian Potatoes but there was at least 6 choices of main to choose from, my choice of desert was Banana split.This meal for 3 courses was 8.50,well all i can say is the portions were good, the service was excellent and would recommend you give it a try.

The restaurant is situated on Avda.Maritima and i will be going back.........

with cheese
23-06-2011, 09:22
You only went because of the name, ALKIE.
Sounds good will put on list.

sunspot
23-06-2011, 09:28
You only went because of the name, ALKIE.
Sounds good will put on list.

Believe me it was good and your right....came home sozzled again

with cheese
23-06-2011, 09:32
Do they do a good Pimms though, coz OH complains if not done right, she accepts not all have every item, but just a slice of lemon.

angiebabe
23-06-2011, 20:27
The Wild Thing restaurant is it around the corner from Pimms.

Ecky Thump
14-07-2011, 23:05
We had the pleasure of having a few meals at Pimms Restaurant last month and every one of them was perfect and all at a very affordable price, the service offered is friendly and helpful, the owner used to be the head waiter at Linaris Restaurant and is eager to please, even to the point of offering you small tastes of what the restaurant has to offer. I would say that it is one of the best restaurants in the locality and is well worth a visit for either lunch, a drink or evening meal.
There is a website where you can view the menu. www.pimmsbar.com
The first couple that you will see on the restaurants web site is...... guess who!:o

Believe me it was good and your right....came home sozzled again

I think it might have been the company that you were with that caused that!:D

northernlass04
17-07-2011, 20:51
Where exactly is this place as it doesn't say on the website unless I'm missing it.

Ecky Thump
17-07-2011, 21:06
Where exactly is this place as it doesn't say on the website unless I'm missing it.

Walking along the sea front from the Los Christianos Market towards the Harbor, it is just before the children's play area, or just below the Irish Times Bar, the walk from the Market takes about five minutes.
If this does not help, maybe some one else will be able to give better directions.:)

northernlass04
17-07-2011, 21:17
Thanks I know exactly where it is now.

Ecky Thump
08-08-2011, 22:23
Has anyone visited Pimms Restaurant over the last few weeks?

lancslad
27-09-2011, 13:33
we often stopped here for a quick drink after our stroll along the front,the owner was a very pleasent bloke who sort of talked us into trying the 8.50 euro 3 course special.
wow. so glad we tried it.
between us we had garlic prawns n garlic mushrooms.
a steak each.
banana split n apple pie.
well worth the money.
give it a try.you wont be dissapointed

sunspot
28-09-2011, 00:30
Totally agree,good food,good service and a pleasent atmosphere,well worth a visit

sunspot
12-10-2011, 16:00
Went to Pimms again last night with Ecky and Carol and yet again great food, great service and great company,this place is well worth a visit

Carol55
16-10-2011, 22:22
We have now had several meals at Pimms Restaurant and every one of them has been of a very good standard, the owner goes out of his way to help you with your choices and even if its not on the menu he will try to meet your requirements. They have now started to make a Sunday roast for those that miss their English style food. Drinks are very reasonably priced.
Children are made welcome by all the staff and they have a menu for them.
A very high percentage of their customers are regulars, which to me is a recommendation in its self.
Check out their web site for prices etc. as its worth a visit.:)
www.pimmsbar.com

marbro8
04-06-2012, 11:51
just been looking at the pimms website and it looks great value, i remember ecky telling us about it in october last year but we never got to try it, do they do a paella? because i had my first in the italian up from taylors the other week, because they are the only place that i have found that do it for one person? and it was one of the nicest things i have ever eaten, but in october there will be 6 of us and like me my brother in law will try anything once lol

Ecky Thump
04-06-2012, 15:23
just been looking at the pimms website and it looks great value, i remember ecky telling us about it in october last year but we never got to try it, do they do a paella? because i had my first in the italian up from taylors the other week, because they are the only place that i have found that do it for one person? and it was one of the nicest things i have ever eaten, but in october there will be 6 of us and like me my brother in law will try anything once lol

I dont think it appears on Pimms menu, but if Eloy the owner gets to know you after a couple of visits, he will if asked make you and your party Paella, just remember to give him a days notice as he buys in all the fish and meat fresh from the market.
Eloy goes that extra mile to make sure his customers are happy.
If you click on Pimms web site www.pimmsbar.com you will see some ladies eating some Paella, also the opening picture is Yours Truly and my wife.:cheeky:

lancslad
16-12-2012, 03:14
Popped into pimms last week.Great food and service once again.

The 3 course is still 8.50 euro and they have added a few more dishes to the main

Suej
16-12-2012, 14:08
Has anyone visited Pimms Restaurant over the last few weeks?

Went last month Ecky! quite a few times as I had family over! still lovely food and great service! Can't fault it! My Sis ordered the filet steak one evening that wasn't good at all I'm afraid even after 3 attempts at getting it right! but it's not the sort of place I would ever consider ordering filet tbh! Tried lots of other meals on the menu and they were all yummy!:)

Ecky Thump
16-12-2012, 16:57
Went last month Ecky! quite a few times as I had family over! still lovely food and great service! Can't fault it! My Sis ordered the filet steak one evening that wasn't good at all I'm afraid even after 3 attempts at getting it right! but it's not the sort of place I would ever consider ordering filet tbh! Tried lots of other meals on the menu and they were all yummy!:)

I have to agree with you on the steak, as on our last holiday in Tenerife we visited Pimms on three occasions and found the quality of food had dropped, Eloy the owner apologised and said that he was finding it hard to buy the meat he wanted, but I feel that he is trying to support to many family members from a small restaurant, as his wife, daughter in law and son are now employed there, I'm sorry to say unless things change I won't be returning there.

Suej
16-12-2012, 17:37
I have to agree with you on the steak, as on our last holiday in Tenerife we visited Pimms on three occasions and found the quality of food had dropped, Eloy the owner apologised and said that he was finding it hard to buy the meat he wanted, but I feel that he is trying to support to many family members from a small restaurant, as his wife, daughter in law and son are now employed there, I'm sorry to say unless things change I won't be returning there.

What was very good was their omelettes, Chicken breast and the pork chops! both very tender and nicely cooked! Maybe give it one more go next time Ecky!?:wink:

marbro8
16-12-2012, 20:41
What was very good was their omelettes, Chicken breast and the pork chops! both very tender and nicely cooked! Maybe give it one more go next time Ecky!?:wink:in tenerife or spain they can call any cut of beef a fillet even cuts like rump and other less tender bits, we had it once in golden resource chinese and when i pointed it out to the waiter that my wife's fillet steak cantonese style was a bit tough he told me why, and gave us a refund:wink:

Ecky Thump
23-09-2016, 09:55
We used to go to Pimms restaurant for a evening meal on a regular basis and we became friendly with Eloy the owner, then found that the quality of the food had deteriorated, so on our last few holidays we only went for a snack or a drink, has any one been for dinner there in the last few months?