PDA

View Full Version : Have we been hacked?

TOTO 99
12-09-2013, 09:47
On my first visit to TF this morning I was greeted with a nice message from the Syrians.

It was easy enough to get rid of but I thought I'd better post to alert the forum technical dept in case a security update is required.

DeedeeTipperary
12-09-2013, 09:55
Just logged on myself I got some fright seeing a message from the Syrian Army .

Addick
12-09-2013, 10:06
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EH1G4EwljM

Leam_Lin
12-09-2013, 10:20
Last night & this morning only on 'Tenerife forum' page it keeps coming up 'hacked' by islam extremists, is this happening to anyone else.

Sorry, posted before I read any new posts, couldn't read any last night.

Chayofa Tete
12-09-2013, 10:22
Same thing here Syrian army rubbish came up and I deleted maybe someone can check this out.

LUCKY
12-09-2013, 10:24
I am not looking again it was frightning :hide::flatcap: :hide::feret:
:hide::feret:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Same thing here Syrian army rubbish came up and I deleted maybe someone can check this out.

When the Russians inspect for chemicals maybe they could look into it then
To see if we have been hacked.

TOTO 99
12-09-2013, 10:28
Last night & this morning only on 'Tenerife forum' page it keeps coming up 'hacked' by islam extremists, is this happening to anyone else.

Don't worry, you're not alone. I posted about it this morning asking have we been hacked.

I just hope it doesn't put too many off.

LUCKY
12-09-2013, 10:31

Dont worry my Army of :feret::feret::feret::feret::feret::feret::feret:: feret::feret::feret::feret::feret::feret::feret::f eret::feret::feret::feret: are on the ferret for more info

TOTO 99
12-09-2013, 10:39
I've just had an email from Malteser Monkey saying it's stopping her from signing into the forum......so it's not all bad news..:laugh:

Pooh
12-09-2013, 10:51
I think it should be clean now... Not sure yet how they managed it; They might have used some vulnerability in the forum code.
However, anyone who saw it, better check so their computers haven't been infected by some trojan or the like. I don't know yet if the hack just showed propaganda, or if it also was designed to somehow spread viruses or trojans.

Edit: Wrote too soon... :(

LUCKY
12-09-2013, 10:52
I've just had an email from Malteser Monkey saying it's stopping her from signing into the forum......so it's not all bad news..:laugh:

What a bonus :tiphat:

universal
12-09-2013, 11:10
I have a internal server error showing, can not reply on another thread??

---works Ok on this one??

I_N_Cognito
12-09-2013, 11:13
Just logged in, its still there...

Malteser Monkey
12-09-2013, 11:22
I have managed to get past it now so you are no longer safe, thanks Toto !:fryingpan:

however going to stay off for a while in case

JaBBa
12-09-2013, 11:33
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EH1G4EwljM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMHDBL7CNA4

delgirl
12-09-2013, 11:34
Still there, I just came out the site re-visited now its gone, I hope.

JaBBa
12-09-2013, 11:35
Why this site out of billions lol....seems to have gone here

LUCKY
12-09-2013, 11:36
I have managed to get past it now so you are no longer safe, thanks Toto !:fryingpan:

however going to stay off for a while in case

That ill be the Day !!!!!!!:flatcap:

I have now gone to a safe zone ....................... they will not possibly read all this
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:flatcap:The Tenerife illegal lettings thread

KirstyJay
12-09-2013, 11:42
I was inserted as a notice, so although I got rid of the page they put on last night, I didn't see the notice, as it only comes up when you're not logged in. It's gone now, but scan your computers to be safe. All admins need to reset their passwords to be on the safe side too.

Tshirt
12-09-2013, 12:07
Happened to me on my first visit earlier, I was still logged on from last night. I logged off and left it for a couple of hours. Seems ok now.

KirstyJay
12-09-2013, 12:13
Happened to me on my first visit earlier, I was still logged on from last night. I logged off and left it for a couple of hours. Seems ok now.

Please read my post directly before yours. It is ok now.

I was inserted as a notice, so although I got rid of the page they put on last night, I didn't see the notice, as it only comes up when you're not logged in. It's gone now, but scan your computers to be safe. All admins need to reset their passwords to be on the safe side too.

If anyone has a problem, please submit a support ticket (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/content.php?150-Tenerife-Forum-Contact-Form). I will close this thread now, as extra messages saying the same thing will stop this important info being read by all and it may get lost in the thread :)

We are investigating how they were able to access the forum in the first place, and will post any new information here if it's needed, therefore we need this thread to stay clear of any other posts that might detract from admin and mod posts.

Thanks for understanding :)

slodgedad
12-09-2013, 12:32

Done......................