PDA

View Full Version : What's happened to Coast FM lately?

Pirate100
14-09-2013, 17:47
Does anyone know what has happened to Coast FM these days? Web site is totally out of date and the station sounds generally very poor on air compared to how it used to sound. Generally poor presenters with so much inane chatter about nothing..used to be a good music based and info station. Music is now also all over the place as though it is now attempting to attract everyone but actually sounding very bad. real shame as I used to love listening but now what is the point?

timmylish
14-09-2013, 23:35
I had to give up with it a couple of weeks ago for some of the same reasons as you give but, more importantly, I kept being supplied with the wrong time thru' the day, every day. Also, I had enjoyed some aspects of local news prior to the SkyNews but then some days it was missed out or the news and advertising were given out to-gether. Just a plain auld shambles lately.

Malteser Monkey
15-09-2013, 09:49
Does anyone know what has happened to Coast FM these days? Web site is totally out of date and the station sounds generally very poor on air compared to how it used to sound. Generally poor presenters with so much inane chatter about nothing..used to be a good music based and info station. Music is now also all over the place as though it is now attempting to attract everyone but actually sounding very bad. real shame as I used to love listening but now what is the point?

It's "more music variety" isn't that what these local stations call it ? in between every song "more music variety" drives me nuts with the stations over here too

Pirate100
15-09-2013, 19:18
I had to give up with it a couple of weeks ago for some of the same reasons as you give but, more importantly, I kept being supplied with the wrong time thru' the day, every day. Also, I had enjoyed some aspects of local news prior to the SkyNews but then some days it was missed out or the news and advertising were given out to-gether. Just a plain auld shambles lately.

Glad it's not just me..sounds so poor now. Going back a few years it now sounds just like Power fm was after it was sold. New people thought they could do better but actually didn't have a clue. Coast sounds so awful now I wonder if anyone is listening. Big shame.

Pirate100
23-09-2013, 15:35
Glad it's not just me..sounds so poor now. Going back a few years it now sounds just like Power fm was after it was sold. New people thought they could do better but actually didn't have a clue. Coast sounds so awful now I wonder if anyone is listening. Big shame.

I gather that they have stopped broadcasting to the North as well and keep changing frequencies in the South..strange as they used to have a great signal. be interesting to see what is going on. Are there any English station broadcasting in the North these days?

Pirate100
07-10-2013, 19:12
Someone told me that Coast has been bought by Virgin Radio and that's what the on air promotion is about and that they now have a very poor signal...sad days when you think how the station used to be. Listeners must be going to other stations...so what are you listening to these days?

Norm de Plume
08-10-2013, 14:10
They have not broadcast to the North for a bit, but now the website appears to have gone down for lack of payment!

andy2013
08-10-2013, 15:19
Coast FM was indeed sold back in March 2013 so the current output has no reflection on the original team.

slodgedad
08-10-2013, 21:04
The annoying part about this thread is the fact that it was started by a member who wanted to denigrate Coast for personal reasons.

Why ?

Thead closed.