PDA

View Full Version : Tax Do I have to pay non-resident's tax if my name is on the deeds of an apartment?

norjac
14-09-2013, 21:55
My daughter owns a studio on the Island, and has been paying the non residents tax. I have been looking at the deeds and my name is also on them as an owner. Does this mean I should also be paying this tax. Also does it make any difference that I am over 65. I would be grateful for any help

Terrynsue
15-09-2013, 18:17
Both Sue and me had to pay the non-resident tax and no discount for over 60 or 65, as if we don't spend enough when we are on the Island.

norjac
15-09-2013, 23:02
thanks for that info. I will also have to pay for help to fill in the forms, does it ever end!!

clearwell
17-09-2013, 19:59
Your daughter might of paid your half already ...I would check with her, as the tax is on the whole amount. If there are two names on the deeds the amount gets halved and two lots of forms have to be filled in. It is also advisable to get Spanish wills drawn up as on the death of either of you there is Inheritance Tax to pay by the surviving named person.
clearwell

norjac
18-09-2013, 20:58
Thanks for the information. I have handed it an an accountant who is sorting it for me. We both have spanish wills.

GarthUK
20-09-2013, 21:01
Hi, I know this is not about the thread but you mentioned spanish wills and I am trying to find out a reliable solicitor to use. Ideal would be with office in north of england too, to make sorting paperwork/signing easier. Have been told to just take english worded will to notary but not sure how to go about it or if good idea as wills need to be worded correctly (legal jargon) not just translated correctly. Can you help please!!

atlantico
21-09-2013, 10:07
for a simple, basic will, just go to a Notary, they'll ask you to complete a form, they prepare the will and if acceptable will get it notorised. €80 thereabouts. If it's a complicated or long will, then solicitors is the way - but be prepared to pay, especially if you want a UK based one too

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

for a simple, basic will, just go to a Notary, they'll ask you to complete a form, they prepare the will and if acceptable will get it notorised. €80 thereabouts. If it's a complicated or long will, then solicitors is the way - but be prepared to pay, especially if you want a UK based one too