PDA

View Full Version : Shopping What are the normal prices for duty free cigarettes in Tenerife?

delgirl
18-09-2013, 10:52
Hi all

Not been to the Reef for about 4 years. Will be coming over before Christmas. Have to get some Duty Frees for friends. Could anyone tell me how much Paramount cigs are for 200. Also Sovereign and Benson and Hedges. Many thanks if you are able to help. :hello:

shaun kelly
18-09-2013, 11:37
Hi all

Not been to the Reef for about 4 years. Will be coming over before Christmas. Have to get some Duty Frees for friends. Could anyone tell me how much Paramount cigs are for 200. Also Sovereign and Benson and Hedges. Many thanks if you are able to help. :hello:

Just a little word of warning . Customs are clamping down on people returning from Canary islands as they are aware most people carry more than the pitiful allowances we get .

primrose
18-09-2013, 11:39
Hi all

You are only allowed 200 per person from Tenerife.

Bhamannette
18-09-2013, 12:29
Been told they are cheaper on the airplanes you can buy 600 B&H on Monarch for £65 if this helps but obv the limits apply

junglejim
18-09-2013, 13:20
B&H and Richmond about €23 per carton , Spanish style shop. As said Duty free allowance is 200 per person - the rest is your risk !

marbro8
18-09-2013, 19:47
pm sent delgirl;)

delgirl
18-09-2013, 21:18
Thanks for all the info folks. I did post after that there are 6 adults and 2 children going so we will be alright on allowances, but the post seemed to have disappeared somehow. :wave:

Fivepence
18-09-2013, 21:45
Thanks for all the info folks. I did post after that there are 6 adults and 2 children going so we will be alright on allowances, but the post seemed to have disappeared somehow. :wave:

The children have no allowance delgirl if they are under 17 old.

delgirl
18-09-2013, 21:51
That's okay as think I only need to get 5 lots with 6 of us going we will be under the tax free allowance. Thanks for your reply though :spin:

cressrt
18-09-2013, 21:53
Depending where you will be Harry's in San Blas Golf del Sur is usually one of the cheapest.

marbro8
18-09-2013, 21:59
Depending where you will be Harry's in San Blas Golf del Sur is usually one of the cheapest.tbh i think any of the ganesh shops are great value, obviously they are indian and i have been dealing with them for about 8 years now, they have 2 shops in the safari centre and one on san telmo in las americas they are very competitive and very helpful;)

dipper
20-09-2013, 13:00
tbh i think any of the ganesh shops are great value, obviously they are indian and i have been dealing with them for about 8 years now, they have 2 shops in the safari centre and one on san telmo in las americas they are very competitive and very helpful;)

C&E xray suitcases and wait for you at the carousel if the xray shows cigarettes above the limit

marbro8
20-09-2013, 17:05
C&E xray suitcases and wait for you at the carousel if the xray shows cigarettes above the limitonly if you put them in your suitcase, if you put a couple of extra in your hand luggage it only gets x-rayed at tfs, and they couldn't care less how many you take back because you have brought them on the island and paid spanish duty on them:wink2:, but obviously you are still taking a risk

TOTO 99
20-09-2013, 17:21
only if you put them in your suitcase, if you put a couple of extra in your hand luggage it only gets x-rayed at tfs, and they couldn't care less how many you take back because you have brought them on the island and paid spanish duty on them:wink2:, but obviously you are still taking a risk

Nowadays they have a sniffer dog running up and down behind the scenes before your cases come through curtain. They know exactly who to pick on.

No wonder they take so long to come through..:redcard: