PDA

View Full Version : The decline of Big Als on Golf del Sur?

lynnangela
20-09-2013, 15:15
What has happened to it? Big Als on GDs was always one of our favourite restaurants to go to, the food was fab for a decent price and the place was always so busy you had to book to get in.

We have eaten there twice in the last couple of weeks and the food is adequate at best, declining to weird. Have they sacked the chef? Is the place in decline? its very sad to see a favourite haunt go down the pan. At our last visit I ordered a starter described as Home Made Pate with toast. The pate was most definitely of the shop bought variety and toast was packet tostada. It wasn't unpleasant but iI would not order shop bought pate in restaurant. A couple of weeks ago I had something described as Coronation Chicken, that was definitely weird, the sauce was possible cream with a a bit of tomato puree, possibly, but was devoid of any taste at all. Clearly whoever cooks there has never come across anything resembling coronation chicken before.

We might give it another try just in case we hit 2 bad days, but if its as bad the next time then sadly we have to forget Big Als in future.

Susief
20-09-2013, 16:08
We went there a while back and was awful. My friend had fish which wasn't cooked in the middle. I had scampi which was okay but you can't really go wrong with that.
The place was empty on a Sat evening. When we'd been in the past it used to be packed, you had to book.
We were told that it was the owners son running it but not sure.

Suzanne
20-09-2013, 20:01
Unfortunately Big Als is closing down in the next few weeks, they are returning to Scotland.