PDA

View Full Version : What are your favourite food and drink combinations?

marbro8
20-09-2013, 22:46
i am just eating a cadburys flake while drinking a glass of jd tennessee honey and it is a lovely combination:yum: i also like white wine with cheese or cider, what other combinations of food and drink do members like:wink2:

slodgedad
20-09-2013, 22:52
Crunchy green apple and Cheddar Cheese with Dorada red.....

Ecky Thump
20-09-2013, 22:55
If it can be roasted.......I love it.
If it contains sugar........I'd murder for it.
If it contains alcohol......I'm scared of it.
:)

marbro8
20-09-2013, 22:58
Crunchy green apple and Cheddar Cheese with Dorada red..... i think i am going to have to try that combination in a couple of weeks:wink2:

Santiago
20-09-2013, 23:02
Try a pasty and a bottle of "Proper Job"! Can't be beaten on a nice sunny day by the sea!

marbro8
20-09-2013, 23:10
Try a pasty and a bottle of "Proper Job"! Can't be beaten on a nice sunny day by the sea! i am running low on my pasty's, i bought 10 frozen ivor dewdney last time i was in plymouth, but i've only 2 left:( and i bought 10 from the cornish pasty shop in exeter just round the corner from michael cains restaurant but they have gone now:( but what is proper job?

Ecky Thump
20-09-2013, 23:32
i am running low on my pasty's, i bought 10 frozen ivor dewdney last time i was in plymouth, but i've only 2 left:( and i bought 10 from the cornish pasty shop in exeter just round the corner from michael cains restaurant but they have gone now:( but what is proper job?

A "Prober Job" is a Cornish beer that's meant to be the dogs whatsits!:D

marbro8
20-09-2013, 23:37
A "Prober Job" is a Cornish beer that's meant to be the dogs whatsits!:D

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

A "Prober Job" is a Cornish beer that's meant to be the dogs whatsits!:Doh right thanks for that mate i will look it up on tinternet and see if i can order a few bottles to go with my remaining ivor dewdney pasty's, but i will have to eat and drink them overlooking chasewater because it is the only water within a few hundred yards of where i live:laugh:

slodgedad
20-09-2013, 23:41
Warm(Hot) roast pork and apple in a bocadillo and a glasss of DRY cider

trevorife2
21-09-2013, 07:02
Chicken tikka masala and a pint of holsten .

Or what about good old tea and toast

Or what about good old tea and toast

Angusjim
21-09-2013, 08:02
Plate of Stovies and a glass of cold milk:hungry:

Bazz
21-09-2013, 08:12
Baileys icecream with whiskey poured over it!

Carol55
21-09-2013, 08:57
Arbroath Smokies with brown bread and butter.

:
Baileys icecream with whiskey poured over it!

Melt the ice cream, put it in a glass and drink immediately.

Followed by a glass of Malt Whisky......

Result.......:drunk2::cheeky:

Santiago
21-09-2013, 12:17
i am running low on my pasty's, i bought 10 frozen ivor dewdney last time i was in plymouth, but i've only 2 left:( and i bought 10 from the cornish pasty shop in exeter just round the corner from michael cains restaurant but they have gone now:( but what is proper job?

That's right, Ecky! Proper Job is a beer made by St. Austell Brewery : http://www.staustellbrewery.co.uk/beers/bottled-beers.html#Ktv6t_2

We have quite few breweries and micro-breweries in Cornwall so if you ever cross the border you have a treat awaiting you!!

By the way, IMHO the best pasties are made by Barnecutts who have shops in Wadebridge, Padstow, etc.,

melm
21-09-2013, 12:22
bacon and egg...............yummy

fresh bread and thick butter:yum::yum:

marbro8
21-09-2013, 12:54
That's right, Ecky! Proper Job is a beer made by St. Austell Brewery : http://www.staustellbrewery.co.uk/beers/bottled-beers.html#Ktv6t_2

We have quite few breweries and micro-breweries in Cornwall so if you ever cross the border you have a treat awaiting you!!

By the way, IMHO the best pasties are made by Barnecutts who have shops in Wadebridge, Padstow, etc.,one of my best mates is moving to a residential park home site in truro in the next few weeks and has asked us to visit when they have settled in so i will try it while i am there and stock up on pasties:wink2:

bacon and egg...............yummy

fresh bread and thick butter:yum::yum:love bacon and egg melm but with butter on???:vomit::laugh:

blondie
21-09-2013, 13:06
Lamb choley pilau rice and a peshwari nan bread, 3 wks and counting in my fav Indian in Tenerife

melm
21-09-2013, 13:29
:

love bacon and egg melm but with butter on???:vomit::laugh:[/QUOTE]
:whistle: butter on the bread:D:crylaughing:

:

marbro8
21-09-2013, 18:24
:

love bacon and egg melm but with butter on???:vomit::laugh:

:[/QUOTE]ye i know:laugh: i just can't stand the bread buttered:laugh: i went to a cafe down south once and they buttered my bacon sarne and i sent it back:laugh:

melm
21-09-2013, 18:31

:ye i know:laugh: i just can't stand the bread buttered:laugh: i went to a cafe down south once and they buttered my bacon sarne and i sent it back:laugh:[/QUOTE]

awe shame:D love butter but don't have it often..........too fattening. my mouth is watering at the thought:yum:

trevorife2
21-09-2013, 18:49
ye i know:laugh: i just can't stand the bread buttered:laugh: i went to a cafe down south once and they buttered my bacon sarne and i sent it back:laugh:

awe shame:D love butter but don't have it often..........too fattening. my mouth is watering at the thought:yum:[/QUOTE]
There would be hell to pay if my bacon or sausage sandwhich was buttered !!

ye i know:laugh: i just can't stand the bread buttered:laugh: i went to a cafe down south once and they buttered my bacon sarne and i sent it back:laugh:

awe shame:D love butter but don't have it often..........too fattening. my mouth is watering at the thought:yum:[/QUOTE]

melm
21-09-2013, 19:25
awe shame:D love butter but don't have it often..........too fattening. my mouth is watering at the thought:yum:

On behalf of the Butter Defence League...............LUV IT:yum::crylaughing:

trevorife2
21-09-2013, 20:03
I love butter but there needs to be a law against in breakfast sarnies ... Just sayin lol

TenerifeFanatic
21-09-2013, 20:17
Ice cream with "Tenerife" Caramel Vodka is magical!!!

marbro8
21-09-2013, 20:43
seriously strong english vintage chedder on the french stick they bake at the dialaprix opposite el mirador in los cris with their MASSIVE spanish onion:yum:

TenerifeFanatic
21-09-2013, 20:51
seriously strong english vintage chedder on the french stick they bake at the dialaprix opposite el mirador in los cris with their MASSIVE spanish onion:yum:
Only ever pass Dialprix when out doing my daily circuit from PS111 via Hollywood Mirage at 07.30 daily.:jumping::jumping:

Only ever pass Dialprix when out doing my daily circuit from PS111 via Hollywood Mirage at 07.30 daily.:jumping::jumping:

marbro8
21-09-2013, 21:02
[QUOTE=TenerifeFanatic;321525]Only ever pass Dialprix when out doing my daily circuit from PS111 via Hollywood Mirage at 07.30 daily.:jumping::jumping: bloody hell i bet you really do look like your avtar then:laugh:

TenerifeFanatic
21-09-2013, 21:10
[QUOTE=TenerifeFanatic;321525]Only ever pass Dialprix when out doing my daily circuit from PS111 via Hollywood Mirage at 07.30 daily.:jumping::jumping: bloody hell i bet you really do look like your avtar then:laugh:
Rapidly goes "downhill" after sun goes over yard arm at 12 ish daily.......just ask Signor Ecky Thump!!!:D

Rapidly goes "downhill" after sun goes over yard arm at 12 ish daily.......just ask Signor Ecky Thump!!!:D

honda
22-09-2013, 10:55
oh right thanks for that mate i will look it up on tinternet and see if i can order a few bottles to go with my remaining ivor dewdney pasty's, but i will have to eat and drink them overlooking chasewater because it is the only water within a few hundred yards of where i live:laugh:

Drink it in the bath :shower:

Ecky Thump
25-04-2017, 07:53
i am just eating a cadburys flake while drinking a glass of jd tennessee honey and it is a lovely combination:yum: i also like white wine with cheese or cider, what other combinations of food and drink do members like:wink2:

When I last met Angusjim, this is the drink for him....

Hair laquer and milk (semi skimmed) filtered through a slice of bread, he says It has the delicate aroma of a Chinese Wrestlers jock strap and a cheeky wee kick after consumption and makes all women look attractive, I did notice that his companion on the night he was drinking this concoction was a Bulldog!:laugh:

tub
25-04-2017, 19:51
a good stilton and a good glass of port heaven

Angusjim
26-04-2017, 06:41
Lager & Chicken Bhuna

lsmt971
26-04-2017, 11:08
Lager & Chicken Bhuna

I love my lager but hate it with a meal! I have to have wine or Guinness

Ecky Thump
26-04-2017, 11:27
For a snack.......

Bacon roll and a mug of strong tea. :yum:

Marlene Ash
24-05-2017, 04:45
Simple. Coffee and toast.

Leam_Lin
24-05-2017, 08:38
Egg Mayonaise baguettes sitting on our balcony with a glass of red, watching people & the sea, when will we go again??

primrose
24-05-2017, 10:33
Jacket potato with lashing of butter.

Ricman
24-05-2017, 11:25
Half a gallon of Cruzcampo then a Lamb Madras at Khrishna 2. Tonight !

Carol55
04-06-2017, 19:06
A cup of tea and a slice of toast in bed, and then another thirty minutes relaxing before meeting the demands of day.:cheeky:

eltel
05-06-2017, 15:18
Chocolate Muffin & Cappuccino

blondie
05-06-2017, 21:12
Chocolate Muffin & Cappuccino

Easy , fish and chips with a bottle pf Curries red cola .

Ecky Thump
05-06-2017, 21:31
Easy , fish and chips with a bottle pf Curries red cola .

We were out for a run in the car and had fish and chips from the Blue Lagoon in Ayr a couple of nights ago, me being greedy had the 'Large Fish Supper', but no Cola....Irn Bru instead! :yum: :yum:

blondie
05-06-2017, 22:11
I think the Blue Lagoon cafes are losing their edge a wee bit they are not as busy as they were last year . Ayr is a sorry town at the moment
you can depend on the councils to get their timing all wrong . Why in the name of god would you start ripping up roads and pavements on
the main street at the start of the summer holidays !!!!

Ecky Thump
05-06-2017, 22:42
I think the Blue Lagoon cafes are losing their edge a wee bit they are not as busy as they were last year . Ayr is a sorry town at the moment
you can depend on the councils to get their timing all wrong . Why in the name of god would you start ripping up roads and pavements on
the main street at the start of the summer holidays !!!!

Largs is exactly the same, every bank holiday, out come the council workers patching the roads and causing traffic chaos, it must be the enhanced payments and certainly no shortage of volunteer workers leaning on their shovels!

The Blue Lagoon in Largs has a good position being close to the station and bus stops, plus some of the other 'chippies' losing some of their decent experienced staff.

Danille Gerow
06-06-2017, 08:54
I like fries, burger and a cold soda.

bennoa1
06-06-2017, 14:52
Chopitos/chipirones and a Dorada Especial. Only cause I cant get them here. Cheese board/cracker mix and a good port in the UK.

supercorny
06-06-2017, 18:55
Garlic cheese bread, followed by a perfect medium steak with vegetables and a coke light...Alternatively a perfectly handmade ( especially the patty ) burger with fries and mayonnaise

latishaa
07-06-2017, 06:26
Cornish pasty with citrus and mint punch.

Ecky Thump
05-10-2018, 20:07

Just had a delicious Cheese Omelette with a salad...... but, NO CHIPS and I'm not even on a diet! :D

Handz44
09-10-2018, 00:02
A nice meat & cheese plate full of international treats!

blondie
09-10-2018, 14:13
Got to be a bit plate of home made macaroni cheese :yum:

Ecky Thump
09-10-2018, 15:39
Got to be a bit plate of home made macaroni cheese :yum:

Made with a VERY Mature Chedder cheese?

warbey
09-10-2018, 19:46
Scouse. then a Cuppa.

tub
09-10-2018, 19:51
i have got a lump of red leicester cheese and a bottle of robinsons old tom for my supper a match made in heaven