PDA

View Full Version : Finance Solbank/Sabadel share offer

mike in chayofa
23-09-2013, 18:10
I have been approached today by the manager of Solbank and have an appointment on Wednesday to discuss a 'unique' opportunity to acquire shares in Sabadell for existing customers.

Does anyone have any advance information about this?

TOPGUN77
23-09-2013, 18:30
I bank with Sabadell and have not heard of this,perhaps I am not special enough:laugh:

mike in chayofa
23-09-2013, 19:02
I bank with Sabadell and have not heard of this,perhaps I am not special enough:laugh:

I'm not being 'funny' about this but you could be correct, they seem to be targeting clients with considerable deposits with them already

mike in chayofa
23-09-2013, 19:02

I'm not being 'funny' about this but you could be correct, they seem to be targeting clients with considerable deposits with them already

bulldog
23-09-2013, 19:13
I have been approached today by the manager of Solbank and have an appointment on Wednesday to discuss a 'unique' opportunity to acquire shares in Sabadell for existing customers.

Does anyone have any advance information about this?

Sabadel have bought out Lloyds Bank international ,still trading under license with the lloyds logo
till mid 2014 maybe they need the funds for the takeover .I,m with Lloyds are Sabadel a good
bank ?

Megaloo
23-09-2013, 19:17
I have no problems with Sabadel

doreen
23-09-2013, 19:20
IMHO Mike, I wouldn't go near any share offer from a Spanish Bank no matter what "deal" they offered.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-09-09/sabadell-to-raise-as-much-as-eu1-4-billion-with-share-sale.html

ADDED COMMENT/EXTRACT :

Sabadell raised 650 million euros by issuing 366.3 million of new shares and selling 30 million treasury shares at 1.64 euros a piece, the Sabadell, Spain-based bank said in filings to regulators yesterday and today. Sabadell will raise a further 732.7 million euros by offering 666 million new shares to existing shareholders at 1.10 euros each, a discount of 39 percent from yesterday’s closing price, it said.

BUT ... The new shares, totalling 1 billion, will be listed on Oct. 8. Sabadell had 2.97 billion shares outstanding prior to the transactions, according to the company’s website.

TOPGUN77
23-09-2013, 20:04
I have over 100,000 banked with them but no one has been in touch.I find Sabadell a very good bank to deal with.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I have over 100,000 banked with them but no one has been in touch.I find Sabadell a very good bank to deal with.

tonypub
23-09-2013, 21:38
bankia offered shares to customers,they collapsed soon afterhttp://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/28/us-bankia-idUSBRE94R05Z20130528

BoPeep
24-09-2013, 11:03
If the shares were really worth buying then the city types would have the shares already via their friends and old school ties.

Is it really worth the bother, possible stress and heartache?...not to mention the possible complications on the tax front!

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

If the shares were really worth buying then the city types would have the shares already via their friends and old school ties.

Is it really worth the bother, possible stress and heartache?...not to mention the possible complications on the tax front!

doreen
24-09-2013, 12:13
bankia offered shares to customers,they collapsed soon afterhttp://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/28/us-bankia-idUSBRE94R05Z20130528

.. and what a scandal that was. At least the Courts are (slowly) deciding in favour of those who have sued ... incredible stories of some customers being told their Credit Line would not be renewed if they did not buy those shares: pensioners being advised to change deposits into these wonderful new shares :(

No, BoPeep, it's a new offering and they will target customers with deposits such as Mike .... 39% discount to current share price might sound a "good deal", but they are issuing a huge amount of shares so the value of current shares must be seriously devalued, but I wonder how many Bank Managers will take the time to advise their customers of that.

I recall a Santander "underling" trying to sell me a share based product back in 2006 or 2007 when I was looking for a mortgage ... only if you invest in this low risk product as well, I was told. I queried how anything based on the value of shares could be "low risk" and was told - of course it is, the only risk of you losing your capital would be if the share value should fall by 50%. I recall the share price was near 11.50 or 12.00 at that time ... by early 2009 it had fallen below 5 :mad:

Ricman
24-09-2013, 18:29
Check out their Liquidity Ratio.

Angusjim
25-09-2013, 06:44
Rule 1 trust nothing that any banks say because there are all lying, cheating, thieving barstewards not that I am bitter:grrrr::censored: