PDA

View Full Version : Sorry guys.... I was wrong.

YOUNG GOLFER
16-09-2013, 00:53
Had a great time on here in the pass and want to thank all members who helped with the arico family and the two couples in Los cris who needed help.
Met some nice people on here and in real life I have made some good friends.
But feel its time to move on.
The forum used to be a place for help and advice......now it's so different .

Take care and wish you all we'll.

junglejim
16-09-2013, 00:58
Shame , youīll be missed by a few people -maybe things will change!

sunspot
16-09-2013, 03:40
Had a great time on here in the pass and want to thank all members who helped with the arico family and the two couples in Los cris who needed help.

Dont go there babe, you know the respect you have and i for one know what a genuine guy you are , you may have kicked my ass at darts today but i will kick your ass if you think you can fade away from here, i promise to post more if you are around xxx angel:bowdown:

Peterrayner
16-09-2013, 04:40
don't go :)

Ecky Thump
16-09-2013, 04:55

If there is a need for the forum to take a small step back in time (which I feel there is), then it won't be done without level headed and respected members like yourself, so please rethink your plans and help the forum return to become a tool for good advice, information and help where needed.

candy2411
16-09-2013, 07:41
Totally respect your decision YG but you will be missed a lot. Hope you keep looking in and return when the time is right .:wave:

TOTO 99
16-09-2013, 08:14
The forum is a big place YG.

People poke fun, fall out, mess around etc. but more importantly, people still get help and advice when it's required.

At the weekend someone was looking for an estate agent and they were pointed in your direction. The forum still works.

I just see it like my local pub. I don't like everyone who goes in there but it's usually easy to avoid the ones I don't like and stick with the ones I do. It's a big enough place and I don't own itI made a similar move a few months ago but slowly crept back in. Just not at the level I was before.

Take a break..............but come back when we shine the Batman light in the sky..lol..:respect:

tizzywizzy
16-09-2013, 08:22
that is a shame YG that you have come to this decision but you will have your reasons. I don't post very often but I do look in. I wish you well and you will be missed.:goodluck:

karinagal
16-09-2013, 08:56
I agree with everyone on this - don't let a few miscreants spoil your enjoyment of the forum. You're well respected here and a top bloke... We will miss you and the good work that you do for others..

Hellsbells45
16-09-2013, 09:13
Don't go I need help..... Just joined and surely it's what this place is about else I am abandoned lol....

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Not sure if I'm posting in the right place but could do with some help guys xx

phillip
16-09-2013, 09:17

I am not surprised by this. There seems to be an increase in personal sniping and rubbishing of opinions instead of just respecting that we all hold different views depending on where our interests are in the relevant subject. Banter is great but some of the personal comments that have been made on here over the past 12 months are not nice. The forum would be losing a very valuable and knowledgeable member who has contributed so much to giving genuine and down to earth advice on so many subjects..........don't do it mate!

TOTO 99
16-09-2013, 09:29
Don't go I need help..... Just joined and surely it's what this place is about else I am abandoned lol....

Not sure if I'm posting in the right place but could do with some help guys xx

If you have a look on the front page you should be able to find a category that your question fits into.

You'll possibly find the answer before you ask the question..lol

Hellsbells45
16-09-2013, 09:30
I doubt that I'm lost on here lol

Malteser Monkey
16-09-2013, 09:33

People poke fun, fall out, mess around etc. but more importantly, people still get help and advice when it's required.

At the weekend someone was looking for an estate agent and they were pointed in your direction. The forum still works.

I just see it like my local pub. I don't like everyone who goes in there but it's usually easy to avoid the ones I don't like and stick with the ones I do. It's a big enough place and I don't own itI made a similar move a few months ago but slowly crept back in. Just not at the level I was before.

Take a break..............but come back when we shine the Batman light in the sky..lol..:respect:

D'ya know what I couldn't have summed it up better !

YOUNG GOLFER who is going to cook the Sunday Lamb now ?? I'll miss you

Andy0210
16-09-2013, 09:52
Bet you a euro he doesnīt go!

See you on Saturday so i can tell you all my problems YG :)

9PLUS
16-09-2013, 10:33
One down 14,795 to go

x

Leam_Lin
16-09-2013, 10:33
Don't go YG, you have always been very helpful with your knowledge & time, knowing you have a wife, 2 young daughters & a business, you have always given 110%.

Carol55
16-09-2013, 10:38
A top class person whose input and help on the forum is appreciated and it would be our loss if you stopped posting.

There are many members on the forum today who have no idea of the help and advice that you have given, not only to forum members, but local families.....please keep it up.

Angusjim
16-09-2013, 10:49

See Ya no lurking now:wave::wave::cry::cry:

Malteser Monkey
16-09-2013, 11:43
One down 14,795 to go

x

and the guests ?:laugh:

JaBBa
16-09-2013, 13:47
Have i missed something.....:confused:

melm
16-09-2013, 13:55
always thought you were one of the really nice helpful people on here.........don't leave it all to the not so nice:respect:

Suej
16-09-2013, 14:29

:c2::c2::c2: Well said Toto! couldn't have put it better myself! Well Actually I might have! but you are spot on! C'mon YG get your butt back here!:wave: X

Malteser Monkey
16-09-2013, 14:36
:c2::c2::c2: Well said Toto! couldn't have put it better myself! Well Actually I might have! but you are spot on! C'mon YG get your butt back here!:wave: X

Blimey I'd take that as an order:whip::whip:

Carol55
16-09-2013, 15:27

Have i missed something.....:confused:

JaBBa, unless your attempting to inject some humour or have lost the ability to reading the opening post, what you have missed is YG's opening post!

JaBBa
16-09-2013, 15:45
JaBBa, unless your attempting to inject some humour or have lost the ability to reading the opening post, what you have missed is YG's opening post!

Yes i have read it,from what i can see,obviously somethings gone on,but then i've not been here long or don't know everyone that well....

Malteser Monkey
16-09-2013, 15:56
Classic example of how posts are misconstrued - I really didn't know what to make of your post -now you have explained - thanks

I don't know what has gone on

Carol55
16-09-2013, 16:09
Classic example of how posts are misconstrued - I really didn't know what to make of your post -now you have explained - thanks

I don't know what has gone on

I think just like you that I misunderstood Jabba's post, maybe we all have a tendency to jump in with our own interpretation of a post or not understanding the other persons sense of humour, I know it took me nearly three years to understand 9Plus and even now I get confused with his one word replies, which in the large are quite funny and more often than not just what is required......

O'boy, I'm sure that I will regret mentioning him!:hide:

Malteser Monkey
16-09-2013, 16:21
I think just like you that I misunderstood Jabba's post, maybe we all have a tendency to jump in with our own interpretation of a post or not understanding the other persons sense of humour, I know it took me nearly three years to understand 9Plus and even now I get confused with his one word replies, which in the large are quite funny and more often than not just what is required......

O'boy, I'm sure that I will regret mentioning him!:hide:

pffffft

x

:laugh:

it's almost like a parallel thinking - you see a question but it could have 2 maybe 3 possible answers and meanings

also it helps to have a potty mind :laugh:

JaBBa
16-09-2013, 16:33
Must'nt have the same sort of humour either & still none the wiser....:confused:

Malteser Monkey
16-09-2013, 16:36
Must'nt have the same sort of humour either & still none the wiser....:confused:

It looked to me and Carol as if you were being sarcastic....saying "big deal" "so what"

Many people can be sly and sarcastic :tongue:

we just thought the worst as that's normally the case - sorry

JaBBa
16-09-2013, 16:39
Many people can be sly and sarcastic :tongue:

So i see....i was interested in there reasons for leaving or some people may say nosey...lol

Angusjim
16-09-2013, 16:41
So i see....i was interested in there reasons for leaving or some people may say nosey...lol
another thing you will learn is don't reply to MM she has to have the last word:laugh::laugh:

Malteser Monkey
16-09-2013, 16:49

Well, now I don't know what;s worse :laugh::laugh::cheeky:

another thing you will learn is don't reply to MM she has to have the last word:laugh::laugh:

Oi you, you know me too well:laugh:

delderek
16-09-2013, 18:57
Well I think it's a big shame, such a well respected member and sensible with it. I can't see anything on the open forum that would have caused it. So gotta be down to some not nice Pm's. I also notice that CIM is no longer active. So we have lost the expertise of two "Honest" estate agents. Both sadly missed.:cry:

AL JAY
16-09-2013, 19:09
Well I think it's a big shame, such a well respected member and sensible with it. I can't see anything on the open forum that would have caused it. So gotta be down to some not nice Pm's. I also notice that CIM is no longer active. So we have lost the expertise of two "Honest" estate agents. Both sadly missed.:cry:

I agree totally del, I have had the pleasure of meeting YG a couple of times and he is a really nice person, great personality and he will be sadly missed! CIM too if he has also decided to call it a day on here!

Red Devil
16-09-2013, 19:10

Couldn't agree more Del, sorry to hear YG wont be posting any more - mind you, who would nowadays, for example the online comments made about Nelson on the illegals thread by a particular group of grown men are pretty nasty, they wouldn't dare say them face to face. Typical of a few on here unfortunately.

warbey
16-09-2013, 19:52

I don't think this was spur of the Moment. I think it's been coming for a while.

So Y.G. Most know how to contact You, one way or another.

I believe this Forum is a two way thing.

We all Give and all Gain somewhat. I think both Yourself and C.I.M. would agree..

It's always nice to see Your Posts.

All the Best.....

marbro8
16-09-2013, 20:13
i can't believe that you are going mate, i think that you will know how much you will be missed by the reaction of all the members that have posted, you have been one of the most helpful members in the history of the forum if not THE most helpful, and if you go you will leave a lasting memory of a night in shinning armour;) i do really hope you change your mind in the not to distant future and come back on but fully respect your decision, any way enough of the soppy stuff:lol:, you know that we are having a forum meet up on the 17th in the swan in los cris come along and i will buy you a few beers(as long as you don't drink the expensive peroni:lol:) anyway good luck mate and all our love to your family ;)

JaBBa
16-09-2013, 20:59
I can't see anything on the open forum that would have caused it. So gotta be down to some not nice Pm's
My point exactly delderek....

atlantico
17-09-2013, 13:32
and Atlantico has gone too . . . . !

Doh !

Fivepence
17-09-2013, 14:26
i can't believe that you are going mate, i think that you will know how much you will be missed by the reaction of all the members that have posted, you have been one of the most helpful members in the history of the forum if not THE most helpful, and if you go you will leave a lasting memory of a night in shinning armour;) i do really hope you change your mind in the not to distant future and come back on but fully respect your decision, any way enough of the soppy stuff:lol:, you know that we are having a forum meet up on the 17th in the swan in los cris come along and i will buy you a few beers(as long as you don't drink the expensive peroni:lol:) anyway good luck mate and all our love to your family ;)

Stuart, after many years browsing as a guest you were one of the reasons I decided to take the plunge and sign up to the forum.
Good luck and best wishes.
When I do eventually return to the rock, I intend to look you up and have a beer or two with you mate.

seanocelt
17-09-2013, 16:09
I use it less; BUT - this year alone it has ;
1. found me a new apartment 2; helped a pick pocketed tourist get aid , 3; helped friends get accom for hols ,and 4; kept me updated on "illegal lettings" ! - (should be renamed " Nelson's Column" as a tribute), so i see no reason to leave entirely, its useful.

Fivepence
17-09-2013, 16:42
1. found me a new apartment 2; helped a pick pocketed tourist get aid , 3; helped friends get accom for hols ,and 4; kept me updated on "illegal lettings" ! - (should be renamed " Nelson's Column" as a tribute), so i see no reason to leave entirely, its useful.

'Nelson's Column'..............that's a cracker Sean. :laugh:

Davie Thistle
18-09-2013, 13:10
..............Where ye goin !? Get back here you!:crazy:

seriously, we all need a break, I took one for a wee while there,
sneaked back in slowly!

but watch yersell, and mibbees see you in October!!:wave:

Balcony
18-09-2013, 17:09
Good luck, Stuart, whereever your plans take you

warbey
18-09-2013, 21:03

Exactly.

We all get some benefit.... We make some good Friends too, which I think is the Biggest benefit..

I note CIM had a peep Today.......ha....ha......

marbro8
18-09-2013, 21:10
Exactly.

We all get some benefit.... We make some good Friends too, which I think is the Biggest benefit..

I note CIM had a peep Today.......ha....ha......once you have been bitten by the TF bug there is no going back;)

pablo1
19-09-2013, 14:02

You've helped many people over the years mate, both practical and financially which is something you should be proud of. You're also a good lad who doesn't get involved with the nonsense that often comes with living on the rock, over 20 years and now with your own business and lovely family is a testament to that.
That said, you've broken the golden rule of fora land - to announce your departure is a no-no, I expected better from you!! :-)

Catch up soon mate.

anto3
19-09-2013, 16:00
It is a pity people have to leave the forum like me I look everyday but never join in because of all the snide remarks when I used to live on the forum. We used to have fun. Young golfer Cim Maxine and her husband and a few more. WHY DESTROY SOMETHING THAT WAS GOOD. DO NOT THINK IT WILL EVER GET BACK ON TRACK. MIGHT SHOW MY FACE AT THE MEETING IF SOME OF THE OLD STOCK IS THERE.

marbro8
20-09-2013, 20:49
It is a pity people have to leave the forum like me I look everyday but never join in because of all the snide remarks when I used to live on the forum. We used to have fun. Young golfer Cim Maxine and her husband and a few more. WHY DESTROY SOMETHING THAT WAS GOOD. DO NOT THINK IT WILL EVER GET BACK ON TRACK. MIGHT SHOW MY FACE AT THE MEETING IF SOME OF THE OLD STOCK IS THERE.to be honest i come on here to talk to old friends and hopefully make new ones, i am also guilty of posting nonsense and going off thread:ashamed:, i am never usually nasty unless i feel provoked, and am always available to give a little advise on my short 8 years of holidaying in the south of the island, i know some first posters on here and people that need a very serious answer get a bit peeed off because of some of the answers that are given, but most if not all are meant in jest:wink2:, maybe if posters wanting serious answers just put that on their post, only serious answers please? then the likes of us idiots will steer clear:laugh: all in all i think the tenerife forum is very informative very helpful but most of all fun :wink2:

slodgedad
20-09-2013, 21:14
These things are accommodated by the Forum by sub forums(a)
If it's a chat thread then chat away. If it's an info thread then do what you think is right.

I'll take this opportunity to inform members, especially those that try to stir things up and quote membership stats.

Active members mean just that.

Registered members are those who have not yet posted.

The other figures are the most informative. Member no 28,004 has just been banned as a spammer.

In recent weeks we have been hacked, bombarded with automated spam and all mods have been working silly hours to contain it.

Hopefully members have not noticed but it is a pain

We can only contain spam that is on the public boards so if anyone is spammed via PM please report it.

We have changed a few things to try to eliminate the threat so there will be a couple of hiccups but hard work will out.

Why are there people that try to bring down success?

Sometimes I wish I was working for a naff entity.

slodgedad
20-09-2013, 21:40
As an example I have had to remove 8 spammers since I last responded to this thread

melm
20-09-2013, 21:50
As an example I have had to remove 8 spammers since I last responded to this thread

you are doing a great job:tiphat::respect: thank you

slodgedad
20-09-2013, 21:56
you are doing a great job:tiphat::respect: thank you
Thanks, but that wasn't the point.
It's always amazes me how people get pleasure tryin to spoil so many other people's enjoyment, whatever it may be.

marbro8
20-09-2013, 22:05
As an example I have had to remove 8 spammers since I last responded to this threadat the risk of looking stupid, what is a spammer???

slodgedad
20-09-2013, 22:08
at the risk of looking stupid, what is a spammer???
Monty Python fans....:devil:

slodgedad
20-09-2013, 22:08
Monty Python fans....:devil:

marbro8
20-09-2013, 22:09
Monty Python fans....:devil:u daft sod:crylaughing: looks like the forum is playing up again mate everything is being posted twice:confused:

slodgedad
20-09-2013, 22:18
Spammers are people that join purely to ram adverts down your neck.

That's my interpretation.
Everything from Doctors in Miami to Hookers in Huddersfield. Tshirt sellers from Paraguay to pleasure women in Tenerife.

(One of the perks BTW. Copy/ Paste before the ban..:whistle:

slodgedad
20-09-2013, 22:18

That's my interpretation.
Everything from Doctors in Miami to Hookers in Huddersfield. Tshirt sellers from Paraguay to pleasure women in Tenerife.

(One of the perks BTW. Copy/ Paste before the ban..:whistle:

Andy0210
21-09-2013, 00:12
I think the biggest problem is that 90% of threads on here gets turned into a chat room with the same old people talking the same old crap, it used to be a great place but sadly its now been replaced by Facebook and other such social media sites where you can pick and choose the people you talk to, i am friends on Facebook with more or less all the members from the good old days and as such we communicate on there with the same banter and craic as the old forum days.

I agree i would never say thatīs me done with the it as it does have its good points but i have to say i only really drop in when i am bored or remember i havenīt been on for a while.

I think the biggest problem is that 90% of threads on here gets turned into a chat room with the same old people talking the same old crap, it used to be a great place but sadly its now been replaced by Facebook and other such social media sites where you can pick and choose the people you talk to, i am friends on Facebook with more or less all the members from the good old days and as such we communicate on there with the same banter and craic as the old forum days.

I agree i would never say thatīs me done with the it as it does have its good points but i have to say i only really drop in when i am bored or remember i havenīt been on for a while.

marbro8
21-09-2013, 00:26
as much as i do not like what you have said andy i think that you are probably right:( but i have been a part of that:dontknow:

JaBBa
21-09-2013, 00:32

Said it in one....hear him,hear him....Its clicky now....:bootyshake:

Carol55
21-09-2013, 04:33
Yes i have read it,from what i can see,obviously somethings gone on,but then i've not been here long or don't know everyone that well....

[QUOTE=JaBBa;321302]Said it in one....hear him,hear him....Its clicky now....:bootyshake:[QUOTE]

For someone who says they don't know people that well and also as you say that you have not been on the forum long, you have certainly come to a quick conclusion.......which is wrong, a group of people who enjoy some fun without trying to exclude others is not a clique!

Enjoy the forum as a new member and then you might understand the dynamics of the forum and come to realise what a really useful and enjoyable forum it is.:)

9PLUS
21-09-2013, 05:22

Dat is Zarion.................innit

Dat is Zarion.................innit

Angusjim
21-09-2013, 07:51

I remember that being said many times in the so called " good old days" a lot of rose tinted specs are worn when speaking about the old Forum. I can remember certain members posting late night nonsense and upsetting people only difference is the nonsense now gets spoken during the day time. I personally do not know why people go on Facebook & Twitter but there you go each to their own.:)

TOTO 99
21-09-2013, 08:45
I remember that being said many times in the so called " good old days" a lot of rose tinted specs are worn when speaking about the old Forum. I can remember certain members posting late night nonsense and upsetting people only difference is the nonsense now gets spoken during the day time. I personally do not know why people go on Facebook & Twitter but there you go each to their own.:)

Lol AJ, I was about to post the same thing virtually word for word.

I also remember a number of the forum ladies ganging up on another whenever she posted. Each one of them would fire something at her and the others would hit the thanks button. What's worse is that it was allowed to happen.

I guess Jabba's definition of clique is different from mine. I have people that I converse with regularly and those that I avoid. I enjoy it. If I didn't, I wouldn't do it.

The hardest part for a lot of people is hearing the word NO. We can't always be right and people will argue against what you say. It can still be done in grown up way.

I used to think that drink played a major part in the late night rants on here. If you're correct and it's now happening in the day, some of us have got a problem..:laugh:

Angusjim
21-09-2013, 08:50
Lol AJ, I was about to post the same thing virtually word for word.

I also remember a number of the forum ladies ganging up on another whenever she posted. Each one of them would fire something at her and the others would hit the thanks button. What's worse is that it was allowed to happen.

I guess Jabba's definition of clique is different from mine. I have people that I converse with regularly and those that I avoid. I enjoy it. If I didn't, I wouldn't do it.

The hardest part for a lot of people is hearing the word NO. We can't always be right and people will argue against what you say. It can still be done in grown up way.

I used to think that drink played a major part in the late night rants on here. If you're correct and it's now happening in the day, some of us have got a problem..:laugh:
Spot on my cliquey mate I am away for my daily swally:drunk2::drinking:I will post more drivel as the day goes on

Carol55
21-09-2013, 09:20
Spot on my cliquey mate I am away for my daily swally:drunk2::drinking:I will post more drivel as the day goes on

Would that be in the Caledonian Bar or the Lochside, but maybe a walk along to the Northern Vaults!:D

9PLUS
21-09-2013, 09:23
Were the good old days when 250 people were logged on, instead of 20?

I personally do not know why people go on Facebook & Twitter but there you go each to their own.:)

Twitter is a notice board
Facebook is just the same as this forum, a chatroom only on a much much smaller scale.

Angusjim
21-09-2013, 09:30
Would that be in the Caledonian Bar or the Lochside, but maybe a walk along to the Northern Vaults!:D

I have a rule never to drink in pubs where the locals have webbed feet:laugh:

candy2411
21-09-2013, 13:00
This is a great forum but probably means more to non-residents and holidaymakers than residents.

I, as a non resident love it as a means of keeping up to date with what's new re bars, restaurants and I want to hear where the latest pickpockets and muggers are operating as I find it useful knowledge and like to know where best to avoid. You don't get this direct information from reading the Canarian newspapers online .

So I would like to say a big THANKYOU to the posters who provide all this local info, mostly its residents and that's why it's a great shame many seem to be leaving. I do hope everyone who leaves continues to look in from time to time and if they feel they have some input please come back.

I remember a few years ago now there was a situation where an Irish couple had their passports etc stolen from their car on a trip to Teide. The response and help from many forum members , YG and Doreen to mention just two, was commendable and such support from non-resident members would just not have been possible. So THANKYOU again residents for all your past help and please think again before you leave ,because without you this forum will never return to what it once was.:thanx:

This is a great forum but probably means more to non-residents and holidaymakers than residents.

I, as a non resident love it as a means of keeping up to date with what's new re bars, restaurants and I want to hear where the latest pickpockets and muggers are operating as I find it useful knowledge and like to know where best to avoid. You don't get this direct information from reading the Canarian newspapers online .

So I would like to say a big THANKYOU to the posters who provide all this local info, mostly its residents and that's why it's a great shame many seem to be leaving. I do hope everyone who leaves continues to look in from time to time and if they feel they have some input please come back.

I remember a few years ago now there was a situation where an Irish couple had their passports etc stolen from their car on a trip to Teide. The response and help from many forum members , YG and Doreen to mention just two, was commendable and such support from non-resident members would just not have been possible. So THANKYOU again residents for all your past help and please think again before you leave ,because without you this forum will never return to what it once was.:thanx:

Ecky Thump
21-09-2013, 16:19

Quantity Vs Quality.

Pfft

X. :)

Fivepence
21-09-2013, 17:29
Quantity Vs Quality.

Pfft

I concur ....dear.

Thanks. x

Quantity Vs Quality.

Pfft

I concur ....dear.

Thanks. x

sunseeker
21-09-2013, 17:49

Twitter is a notice board
Facebook is just the same as this forum, a chatroom only on a much much smaller scale.

Where are the good old days when there were English people in Tenerife? All the people that I used to talk to on the forum have gone back to the uk. Face book is just about friends not about communities.

sunseeker
21-09-2013, 17:50
And twitter....

Pfft.

9PLUS
21-09-2013, 18:13
Where are the good old days when there were English people in Tenerife? All the people that I used to talk to on the forum have gone back to the uk. Face book is just about friends not about communities.

There's plenty of local communities on Facebook

sunseeker
21-09-2013, 18:19

I don't agree. there all very fragmented. Groups not communities. Also, not everyone likes Facebook or twitter. The NSA are watching you. :eek:

Ecky Thump
21-09-2013, 18:22

I'm with you there, most local communities have groups and organisations on Facebook.

9PLUS
21-09-2013, 18:22
I don't agree. there all very fragmented. Groups not communities. Also, not everyone likes Facebook or twitter. The NSA are watching you. :eek:

It's just most of the good ones are invitation only.

candy2411
21-09-2013, 18:38

Most people who join a forum expect an exchange of views and information from other people they wouldn't normally have met and the chance to broaden viewpoints.

What you're referring to is a clique which most people try to avoid.

Most people who join a forum expect an exchange of views and information from other people they wouldn't normally have met and the chance to broaden viewpoints.

What you're referring to is a clique which most people try to avoid.

9PLUS
21-09-2013, 20:50
Invitation only is a clique?

seanocelt
22-09-2013, 01:56
I said my thoughts about the forum's uses a few pages back; just to add - DESPITE its length, Nelson's Column (illegal lettings thread) must have focused a few minds and helped/assisted many people's understanding of a complex (no pun!) situation , no? For that alone the Forum is relevant and worthwhile.

candy2411
22-09-2013, 13:33

If a group is 'closed' or by' invitation only'......doesn't that make it a clique by definition????

There are a few Tenerife groups on facebook but
if a group is 'closed' or by ' invitation only'......doesn't that make it a clique by definition????

Malteser Monkey
22-09-2013, 14:49

Someone who likes chopped pork? :D

as much as i do not like what you have said andy i think that you are probably right:( but i have been a part of that:dontknow:

and me too guilty as charged, but all done in the best possible taste:whistle:

9PLUS
22-09-2013, 18:03
[QUOTE=candy2411;321631]If a group is 'closed' or by' invitation only'......doesn't that make it a clique by definition????

but that's not the main reason why many groups & communities on Facebook close direct public access or make them invite only, its because people are ****** off with all of the spamming from China and Russia etc etc

candy2411
22-09-2013, 19:30
that may be so but these groups do give out the vibe of being a 'cliquey' set up and you're only welcome if you know the admin.

That to me is not an open forum....this one works fine and spammers are dealt with thanks to our mods.

that may be so but these groups do give out the vibe of being a 'cliquey' set up and you're only welcome if you know the admin.

That to me is not an open forum....this one works fine and spammers are dealt with thanks to our mods.

warbey
22-09-2013, 20:17
[QUOTE=Andy0210;321300]I think the biggest problem is that 90% of threads on here gets turned into a chat room with the same old people talking the same old crap, it used to be a great place but sadly its now been replaced by Facebook and other such social media sites where you can pick and choose the people you talk to, i am friends on Facebook with more or less all the members from the good old days and as such we communicate on there with the same banter and craic as the old forum days.

I

Andy , this Thread proves You right. I haven't been able to count 30 from 88 Posts that address the Threads Title.

The remainder is about what or Who wants what or reasons for Leaving.

Time and again Threads are diverted and lose a lot of Meaning or purpose.

I did say more, then deleted it, because I was digressing too.!

9PLUS
22-09-2013, 20:19
Facebook has still taken a lot of the members of this forum

Know the admin are you referring to Tenerife ones ?

I've never had that feeling nor have I on this forum.

I've never had that feeling nor have I on this forum.

primrose
22-09-2013, 21:07
[QUOTE=Andy0210;321300]I think the biggest problem is that 90% of threads on here gets turned into a chat room with the same old people talking the same old crap, it used to be a great place but sadly its now been replaced by Facebook and other such social media sites where you can pick and choose the people you talk to, i am friends on Facebook with more or less all the members from the good old days and as such we communicate on there with the same banter and craic as the old forum days.

I

Andy , this Thread proves You right. I haven't been able to count 30 from 88 Posts that address the Threads Title.

You are so right warbey, whatever happened to the Off Topic thread where all the cr@p was moved to.No wonder people are leaving, when you start reading a thread that somebody has bothered to start and it is taken off topic before you even get a serious reply.It just seems like people will post the same old rubbish over and over again just to see their name on the thread.People start threads asking for information or help and perhaps they want to read posts with the help they asked for, how many have started threads recently and got nothing but insults or reply's that have nothing to do with the thread they started and a lot have never come back.

I

You are so right warbey, whatever happened to the Off Topic thread where all the cr@p was moved to.No wonder people are leaving, when you start reading a thread that somebody has bothered to start and it is taken off topic before you even get a serious reply.It just seems like people will post the same old rubbish over and over again just to see their name on the thread.People start threads asking for information or help and perhaps they want to read posts with the help they asked for, how many have started threads recently and got nothing but insults or reply's that have nothing to do with the thread they started and a lot have never come back.

9PLUS
22-09-2013, 21:47
If the forum was nothing but serious, answer and replies, it would have fell months if not years ago just like the thetenerifeforum did.

Facebook brings size and interaction with a massive audience sadly what most forums lack especially in such a niche market as Tenerife.

I remember years ago, there being loads of movement on this forum and lot of mod activity, the only mod i know of on this forum is slodgydad, you hardly ever see posts for Kirsty either.

Just feels like it's been swept under the carpet.

primrose
22-09-2013, 22:15
If the forum was nothing but serious, answer and replies, it would have fell months if not years ago just like the thetenerifeforum did.

Facebook brings size and interaction with a massive audience sadly what most forums lack especially in such a niche market as Tenerife.

I remember years ago, there being loads of movement on this forum and lot of mod activity, the only mod i know of on this forum is slodgydad, you hardly ever see posts for Kirsty either.

Nobody is saying the Forum should have only serious answers and reply's but the jokes and banter should be in the right place,there is room on this Forum for serious threads and lighthearted threads.It used to be that new members were made welcome but not recently they are met by snide and nasty comments or their threads are totally ignored and used as a chat room.

Nobody is saying the Forum should have only serious answers and reply's but the jokes and banter should be in the right place,there is room on this Forum for serious threads and lighthearted threads.It used to be that new members were made welcome but not recently they are met by snide and nasty comments or their threads are totally ignored and used as a chat room.

anto3
22-09-2013, 22:34
Would not say the forum useless. I tell people to look at it if they are coming to Tenerife. But lately there are a lot of stupid threads and you get people pm you to ask you a man or a woman. Who cares what I am. The craic gone

TOTO 99
23-09-2013, 06:25
This thread hasn't gone as far off topic as it's being accused of.

YG says he's pulling out because it's not the same any more (for him, I might add ).

That's what the bulk of these last few pages have been about. It's an open forum. You can have your say. So what's so bad about it then?

Let me guess......It's not exactly how YOU would like it.

How can that be rectified? Start your own forum, that's how. Then you're free to spend all your days and nights moderating it. Ban anyone who says something funny in the wrong place. Ban anyone who doesn't do it your way.....Give it a go.

The fact that you're free to make these complaints is one of the good points of the forum.

Lots of people sign up, ask a question, get a straight answer. go and never come back. If you just want to know about the bus in Tenerife the answer can be found here. It doesn't mean you want to tell everyone your life story or give your opinion on the lettings situation!

When you open a forum up for hundreds of people to type into, you can't possibly expect them all to have the same personalities. We're all different. There are things I'd like to change but I'm not in a position to do it. It's not my forum. I can't have it all my own way........:respect:

Fivepence
23-09-2013, 09:39
seanocelt has christened the illegal lettings thread " Nelson's Column". I like it.

I also agree with TOTO 99, I browsed the forum for years before joining.
I remember the spats between Annafredo and KGB kaz.
I remember when Leafar wound almost everyone up and other things too numerous to mention.
Of course I also remember all the good deeds done by members and YG was in the forefront of organising help.
Nothing stays the same.

It's sometimes hard to express what you feel in writing because you can't put any inflection or tone to your written words.
It is also important to try to understand the hunour and character of different members.
Just some of my thoughts but I'd like to end by saying on balance the forum is friendly and very helpful.

seanocelt has christened the illegal lettings thread " Nelson's Column". I like it.

I remember when Leafor wound almost everyone up and other things too numerous to mention.
Of course I also remember all the good deeds done by members and YG was in the forefront of organising help.
Nothing stays the same.

It's sometimes hard to express what you feel in writing because you can't put any inflection or tone to your written words.
It is also important to try to understand the hunour and character of different members.
Just some of my thoughts but I'd like to end by saying on balance the forum is friendly and very helpful.

Malteser Monkey
23-09-2013, 10:55

I remember when Leafar wound almost everyone up and other things too numerous to mention.
Nothing stays the same.

I remember when Leafor wound almost everyone up and other things too numerous to mention.
Nothing stays the same.

ahhh some memories there 5p that Anna was such a laugh too - remember the bin men ?:D

A forum is what you make and you take what you want from it

Good post Toto think you really summed it up there

Nothing stays the same.

Nothing stays the same.

ahhh some memories there 5p that Anna was such a laugh too - remember the bin men ?:D

A forum is what you make and you take what you want from it

Good post Toto think you really summed it up there

Angusjim
23-09-2013, 12:26
This thread hasn't gone as far off topic as it's being accused of.

YG says he's pulling out because it's not the same any more (for him, I might add ).

That's what the bulk of these last few pages have been about. It's an open forum. You can have your say. So what's so bad about it then?

Let me guess......It's not exactly how YOU would like it.

How can that be rectified? Start your own forum, that's how. Then you're free to spend all your days and nights moderating it. Ban anyone who says something funny in the wrong place. Ban anyone who doesn't do it your way.....Give it a go.

The fact that you're free to make these complaints is one of the good points of the forum.

Lots of people sign up, ask a question, get a straight answer. go and never come back. If you just want to know about the bus in Tenerife the answer can be found here. It doesn't mean you want to tell everyone your life story or give your opinion on the lettings situation!

When you open a forum up for hundreds of people to type into, you can't possibly expect them all to have the same personalities. We're all different. There are things I'd like to change but I'm not in a position to do it. It's not my forum. I can't have it all my own way........:respect:

A very good and well thought out post well done ToTo you are a credit to the Forum :tiphat:

Malteser Monkey
23-09-2013, 12:28
A very good and well thought out post well done ToTo you are a credit to the Forum :tiphat:

hummour withdrawn

Angusjim
23-09-2013, 12:33
Shh between you and me it was posted 06.25 prob still drunk:crylaughing::D Oh no that was me:snore:

just joking - am I allowed to do that :respect:
I am sorry that you have make fun of every post but each to their own, there is a place for humour but I think not on this thread which is about a stalwart of the Forum leaving never to return. Only my opinion others may disagree :)

dede
23-09-2013, 12:35
Well what a sad day to see young golfer give up on the forum !!!! ive not been on for months and young golfer and i had a few run-ins as he didnt like me, but i never thought he would give up on it, he spent a lot of his life on here...such a shame.

Malteser Monkey
23-09-2013, 12:42
I am sorry that you have make fun of every post but each to their own, there is a place for humour but I think not on this thread which is about a stalwart of the Forum leaving never to return. Only my opinion others may disagree :)

Oh sorry if I have offended AJ - ~I always try to see a lighter side of life and YG I believe understood me. As you know I am not one to come on here shouting the odds even when I disagree with what people say - it's just not my nature.

Angusjim
23-09-2013, 12:46
Oh sorry if I have offended AJ - ~I always try to see a lighter side of life and YG I believe understood me. As you know I am not one to come on here shouting the odds even when I disagree with what people say - it's just not my nature.

Thats OK MM you do seem to have issues maybe a bit loooppy ? which I am sure a good psychiatrist could help you with, take care and good mental health:)

Malteser Monkey
23-09-2013, 12:48
Thats OK MM you do seem to have issues maybe a bit loooppy ? which I am sure a good psychiatrist could help you with, take care and good mental health:)

That to me reads as a little condescending ?

Have edited the post so as not to cause any further offense

Angusjim
23-09-2013, 13:12

Have edited the post so as not to cause any further offense

Sorry if you took this the wrong way just my little attempt at humour:ashamed:

marbro8
23-09-2013, 18:27
A very good and well thought out post well done ToTo you are a credit to the Forum :tiphat:i was thinking much along the same lines, but TOTO is much better than me at explaining things, i think he is wasted in his current employment and should take up journalism:wink2:, as i have said YG will leave us all with a great lasting memory of him, but i don't think it is the end of his escapades of helping people because it is in his nature:wink2:

warbey
23-09-2013, 19:42
I believe We all have made Our Points, and probably understand what Others think too.

The good thing about this is that up to now, No-one has been nasty or offensive.

I still maintain that the Thrust of Young Golfer's Thread has been diluted, but I also appreciate the Points made.

Conclusion.

Good job I'm not a Moderator...;.:confused::confused::wave:

YOUNG GOLFER
24-09-2013, 01:04
I think it takes a real man to say sorry ...and I am ...........I was never looking for attention but I was ****** off with the way some members treat others.
Nelson was the main reason I felt angry ..... Fellow members going out of their way to bring him down or prove him wrong..... And take joy from it... F....ing sad.

I don't know nelson but I know the people who slag him off and it's not right for what ever reason.

Dede, primrose, andy 0210 I have in the pass had words with you all but I would never ever want to harm any of you in any way. It's a forum where at times we don't agree but as a example andy 0210 we have got to know each other and in real life and we get on fine he is a nice guy.

But once again I am sorry for leaving..... but I am not going to wait a year or so to prove a point I was wrong to announce I was leaving I was just angry with the way this forum is run right now.

What this forum really needs is more mods that are more pro active. To stop the stupid replies.

And you guys who go off topic who cares.......... You are all good members and every forum needs members like you ...........but in a basement with a glass of wine each night be better lol.

Once again sorry for logging off.......

YOUNG GOLFER is here to stay...... But please get more mods to help the likes of slodgedad who comes across as the only mod who gives a ****. In fact please tell us who all the mods are because I have forgotten half of them.

chris
24-09-2013, 06:34
I think it takes a real man to say sorry ...and I am ...........I was never looking for attention but I was ****** off with the way some members treat others.
Nelson was the main reason I felt angry ..... Fellow members going out of their way to bring him down or prove him wrong..... And take joy from it... F....ing sad.

I don't know nelson but I know the people who slag him off and it's not right for what ever reason.

Dede, primrose, andy 0210 I have in the pass had words with you all but I would never ever want to harm any of you in any way. It's a forum where at times we don't agree but as a example andy 0210 we have got to know each other and in real life and we get on fine he is a nice guy.

But once again I am sorry for leaving..... but I am not going to wait a year or so to prove a point I was wrong to announce I was leaving I was just angry with the way this forum is run right now.

What this forum really needs is more mods that are more pro active. To stop the stupid replies.

And you guys who go off topic who cares.......... You are all good members and every forum needs members like you ...........but in a basement with a glass of wine each night be better lol.

YOUNG GOLFER is here to stay...... But please get more mods to help the likes of slodgedad who comes across as the only mod who gives a ****. In fact please tell us who all the mods are because I have forgotten half of them.

Nice to see you back M8 see you in 7 weeks. :cheers::cheers::cheers: :cheers::cheers::cheers: :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Ecky Thump
24-09-2013, 07:40
YG the word "Sorry" should not be mentioned in the title of your thread as you have nothing to be sorry about, you have made several very valid points that folk on the forum should listen to and learn from, one being that because we don't agree with someone's point of view, it gives us no right to belittle them and score points by insulting them at every opportunity.

It's good that you have decided to remain a active member of this forum and I hope you can manage to come along to the next forum meet up when some of your good friends can meet you again and take the opportunity to buy you a well deserved pint.

kathml
24-09-2013, 07:52
I may not agree with you about some things but I do support you in most of what you've said I seldom post here now because ot constant belittling by some people who badly need to grow up

TenerifeTeddy
24-09-2013, 08:01

Many of the Mods/Admins are working full time and don't have much, if any time during the day for modding. Slodgedad carries a large part of the burden, and of course he has been poorly of late, so patience is required. This forum is not and has never been actively monitored, there simply isn't enough time to do so. We have also of late been inundated with spammers, and an awful lot of my time is used up eradicating them, and you won't see this activity on the forum. I only had 11 to get rid of this morning :), last week it was an average of 50 each breakfast time, so I actually had time to read through the posts.

As always if there is some nonsense going on, please report it, as this catches our attention, and will be dealt with when a mod sees the report. Modding is a voluntary activity, and has to be done around real world commitments. I am sure if admins felt the need they would advertise for more.

Many of the Mods/Admins are working full time and don't have much, if any time during the day for modding. Slodgedad carries a large part of the burden, and of course he has been poorly of late, so patience is required. This forum is not and has never been actively monitored, there simply isn't enough time to do so. We have also of late been inundated with spammers, and an awful lot of my time is used up eradicating them, and you won't see this activity on the forum. I only had 11 to get rid of this morning :), last week it was an average of 50 each breakfast time, so I actually had time to read through the posts.

As always if there is some nonsense going on, please report it, as this catches our attention, and will be dealt with when a mod sees the report. Modding is a voluntary activity, and has to be done around real world commitments. I am sure if admins felt the need they would advertise for more.

candy2411
24-09-2013, 08:09
That's really good news YG, welcome back, this forum would not be the same without you!:respect:

MrsTT
24-09-2013, 08:29
Good news YG. You don't see me on the forum cos our machine is logged onto TT's login and since the background changes recently I can't easily switch to my account. So if I get a chance to browse, I usually point things out to him and he mods it.
Now I have 18 children in the school and TT is helping me to run that as well as his business, neither of us get much time to help out. I do as much as I can on the Facebook pages, and he does as much as he can here. Our day runs from 8.30am, and last week until 7 pm, in the school. Early days and we hope to change that, but the shop is open 7 days a week as well until 9.30pm every night.
Just because you don't see us it doesn't mean we are not still trying to help out.:)

Good news YG. You don't see me on the forum cos our machine is logged onto TT's login and since the background changes recently I can't easily switch to my account. So if I get a chance to browse, I usually point things out to him and he mods it.
Now I have 18 children in the school and TT is helping me to run that as well as his business, neither of us get much time to help out. I do as much as I can on the Facebook pages, and he does as much as he can here. Our day runs from 8.30am, and last week until 7 pm, in the school. Early days and we hope to change that, but the shop is open 7 days a week as well until 9.30pm every night.
Just because you don't see us it doesn't mean we are not still trying to help out.:)

phillip
24-09-2013, 08:45

It's a great pity that there are a few people on here (and they know who they are) who seem to take pleasure in belittling anyone who has an alternative opinion to their own and also who, because they are not resident in Tenerife, they deem to know nothing about the Island or it's laws and way of life.
At the end of the day life is about opinions and that is what this forum should be about - but we need to respect each others differing views - especially on the lettings issue which seems to have attracted the most vitreol. Sometimes this is wrapped up as a 'joke' but it is not funny and YG is right that some of the abuse levelled at Nelson has been particularly unpleasant and more of us should be saying so. I do not agree with much of what Nelson says but I respect his right to express it without being abused in the manner in which he has. Nobody wants to take the humour out of the forum but lets not try and disguise the abuse as humour 'cause it aint funny.
Anyway great to hear that YG is staying!!

Fivepence
24-09-2013, 09:03
Just want to say I'm pleased......:wave:

sunspot
24-09-2013, 09:14

Me too babe xx

Me too babe xx

Fivepence
24-09-2013, 09:22
Me too babe xx

Me too babe xx

Thanks Sunspot, you made me smile because I don't get called babe these days.
I'm 61 tomorrow and an ugly miserable old man.

:shy:

AL JAY
24-09-2013, 09:25
Welcome back YG, I too felt dismayed by the cyber bullying of forum member nelson on the illegal lettings thread, you could could see quite clearly by his avatar that he was a male yet at least 6 posters were referring to him as a female,I actually posted on that thread that it was tantamount to cyber bullying just because they held a different view to his,in saying that he was pretty good with his replies!

One of the culprits hasn't posted since it became apparent that the fines may be drastically reduced, I too don't come on here as much as i used to because it seems so quiet at times and a lot different to when i joined

Hopefully things go in cycles and we can get back to the good old days,sooner rather than later! *sips tea* :wink2: :D

mike in chayofa
24-09-2013, 10:03

This is perfectly true. We are being flooded with spam at the moment. If a spammer starts a new thread, it is easy enough for us to pick this up. Generally, these posts do not appear to members, but we still have to deal with them (which takes time).

It is more difficult if a spammer replies within a thread, so if you find one or find inappropriate postings of any kind, it makes our life much easier if you use the 'report' button which brings the posting to our attention.

Thanks in advance

Mike

mike in chayofa
24-09-2013, 10:09
I have just banned another spammer and there are around 100 other 'members' using the same machine. As yet they haven't posted, so I have no reason as yet to ban them .... but it will come.

The work involved will be enormous. This is one of the reasons that the moderating team are not as pro-active as usual.

Jumpinjax
24-09-2013, 10:14
I have been reading all the posts in The Goodbye thread with great interest & as a newbie have kept my thoughts to myself.

But I must agree with all the older members who posted their regret at YG's decision to leave & his decision behind this.

People have disagreements & fall out , it is human nature.

As a new member I must say that this forum does have it's fair share of people who like to snipe at others posts ,be in fun or otherwise , but if you do not know these people it can be a bit offputting to new members.

Anyway , I would also like to pass on my thoughts to YOUNG GOLFER and am pleased he has had a change of heart.

Malteser Monkey
24-09-2013, 10:24
Nice to have you back

:D

Nice to have you back

:D

melm
24-09-2013, 10:39
:respect::respect::respect: nice to have you back:tiphat:

Red Devil
24-09-2013, 10:52
Great news YG and agree completely with your comments.
Quite noticeable which of the "locals" didnt use thanks button after your original post about leaving.

Quite noticeable which of the "locals" didnt use thanks button after your original post about leaving.

I_N_Cognito
24-09-2013, 11:06

I thought they were glad to see him go, not as many thanked his return...

I thought they were glad to see him go, not as many thanked his return...

karinagal
24-09-2013, 11:13
I missed you YG... Glad to see that you're back!

Angusjim
24-09-2013, 11:17

Sorry maybe I miss the point what has hitting the thanks button got to do with anything ? Is that where we are heading keeping tabs on peoples thanks count:confused:

PS welcome back YG maybe a beer in December or January when I am over, maybe this time don't wear those breeks we the very deep pockets as you do have very short arms :whistle::c2::c2:

Red Devil
24-09-2013, 11:54
Sorry maybe I miss the point what has hitting the thanks button got to do with anything ? Is that where we are heading keeping tabs on peoples thanks count:confused:

PS welcome back YG maybe a beer in December or January when I am over, maybe this time don't wear those breeks we the very deep pockets as you do have very short arms :whistle::c2::c2:.

Thats a bit pathetic, of course I dont keep count, I have a life thank you.
Sorry if you misunderstood me, I only meant there were loads of people acknowledging YG s original post and some were noticeable by their absence. Jeeeez

PS welcome back YG maybe a beer in December or January when I am over, maybe this time don't wear those breeks we the very deep pockets as you do have very short arms :whistle::c2::c2:.

Sorry if you misunderstood me, I only meant there were loads of people acknowledging YG s original post and some were noticeable by their absence. Jeeeez

junglejim
24-09-2013, 11:59
Welcome back YG !, AJ is that a Chick Murray joke ? "Yeīll have had yer tea then ?" -the East Coast Welcome !

Angusjim
24-09-2013, 13:08

Well there you go I must have missed the point, sorry for being a bit "pathetic" but I am Scottish & a man and no very bright Jeeeez:tiphat: thanks to all that hit the thanks button I will not forget you :laugh:

Malteser Monkey
24-09-2013, 13:15

It's there just type "off topic" in the search box. Mind you not that you would want to read I'm just stating that it is still there just incognito so's to speak.

TOTO 99
24-09-2013, 13:16
Well there you go I must have missed the point, sorry for being a bit "pathetic" but I am Scottish & a man and no very bright Jeeeez:tiphat: thanks to all that hit the thanks button I will not forget you :laugh:

Lol AJ, you're having a bad week with the laydeez.

MM yesterday and now RD.

Then as if to rub salt in the wound, JJ thinks you're old enough to remember Chick Murray!..:laugh:

TOTO 99
24-09-2013, 13:20
It's there just type "off topic" in the search box. Mind you not that you would want to read I'm just stating that it is still there just incognito so's to speak.

Strange that you have to search for it these days.

I used to quite like reading it.

Let's face it, some of your best work is in there..:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
24-09-2013, 13:23

Let's face it, some of your best work is in there..:laugh:

Been that way for ages - I have to search for my autobiography now :whistle::D

70 pages only tho':D

Some ?? All !!

Malteser Monkey
24-09-2013, 14:23
Lol AJ, you're having a bad week with the laydeez.

MM yesterday and now RD.

Then as if to rub salt in the wound, JJ thinks you're old enough to remember Chick Murray!..:laugh:

you're not doing so badly tho' :D

carolethatch
24-09-2013, 14:24
I too have been horrified at the bullying of Nelson, trying to attack his sexuality, when they can't get him to change his opinion to theirs. Taking real joy in his huge fines and trying to encourage other people to back them up. I would not use their business for anything, as it has shown the characters of the bullies.

Malteser Monkey
24-09-2013, 14:33
I too have been horrified at the bullying of Nelson, trying to attack his sexuality, when they can't get him to change his opinion to theirs. Taking real joy in his huge fines and trying to encourage other people to back them up. I would not use their business for anything, as it has shown the characters of the bullies.

Seriously in a lettings thread - sexuality has been brought into it ? Now I'm shocked

Red Devil
24-09-2013, 14:38

Nah you're right, its me. I must remember never to log on when in a bad mood :spin:

Malteser Monkey
24-09-2013, 14:50
Nah you're right, its me. I must remember never to log on when in a bad mood :spin:

I have to remember not to log in when I'm in a good mood:D :whistle:

we need to keep this on topic

Welcome back !

pablo1
24-09-2013, 15:07

Keep away from the drink cabinet mate! Haha!
On a serious note, I always thought you were mod material. I don't see any reason why you can't be one (unless you're too busy of course) as there are many posters on here who respect you and your contribution.
If not ill just keep my eyes open for your next ' I'm leaving, you're all *****' thread so I can come on and say you'll be missed. :-)

sunspot
24-09-2013, 15:40

Well im 60 and not very pretty either xx

Malteser Monkey
24-09-2013, 16:09

Ohhh I missed this !

We still love you tho 5p:D

TenerifeFanatic
24-09-2013, 16:33
Glad you are back!!:welcome:Back!!

BobMac
24-09-2013, 16:34

I might be someone among the people you are targetting with this post.

Can I point out that Nelson was actually his own worst enemy. I have never disagreed with him that the Illegal Letting Laws were actually right - I think they are a complete dog's breakfast personally; where I do disagree with him is on the fact that nobody can just ignore the law because they don't like it - by his own admission, he was made aware of the law when he bought his 1st property, chose to ignore the law and then bought a 2nd property.

He also was highly prone to being very selective when he referenced other people's posts by only using parts which appeared to back up his view and ignoring the rest of what they had to say and he got up a lot of peoples noses with his continuous references to Franco, Castro & the Portuguese system.

As for bullying him, certainly in my own case, if he compares you to a Taliban Terrorist, you are perfectly at liberty to respond; if you think that's bullying, you're entitled to your opinion.

Can I also say that I'm pleased to see YG staying on the forum, we need more users like him.

tizzywizzy
24-09-2013, 16:34
glad you are staying YG :jumping:

marbro8
24-09-2013, 17:39
YG the word "Sorry" should not be mentioned in the title of your thread as you have nothing to be sorry about, you have made several very valid points that folk on the forum should listen to and learn from, one being that because we don't agree with someone's point of view, it gives us no right to belittle them and score points by insulting them at every opportunity.

It's good that you have decided to remain a active member of this forum and I hope you can manage to come along to the next forum meet up when some of your good friends can meet you again and take the opportunity to buy you a well deserved pint. A WELL DESERVED PINT??? he's getting sod all of me now for causing this cuffuffle:neener:, any kidding glad your back mate i have kept your horse well watered and shod, and the wife has polished your armour:laugh:

marbro8
24-09-2013, 17:49

Let's face it, some of your best work is in there..:laugh::crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughi ng::crylaughing:......

Malteser Monkey
24-09-2013, 18:42
:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughin g:......

Oi you wotchit - or I'll send Carol55 over

warbey
24-09-2013, 19:42
Glad You're staying Young Golfer. I too can't see any reason to be sorry about that either.

I too saw a few pointed remarks to Nelson some time ago, so stopped reading the Thread.

I must say that most of the Time, Those calling Others Names are shown up more than the Person they are directed at.

I don't know what the Management Choose to do these Days, but I too would like to see more robust action being taken.

Your Name has been mentioned.....................................:dev il2:..:D:D :tiphat::tiphat:

You are as old as You feel.. (ask double M.)

Don't know about the Ugly bit.....; :D:D

)

YOUNG GOLFER
24-09-2013, 23:34
Hi guys thanks for all the replays and the mods who took time out of their busy day to also reply.
Sorry it's another late post but I have been working til this time most nights getting our new bigger office ready......which we are all happy about.
If anyone knows where my office is then you will know the big clothes shop next door well that's ours now......took a good few years to build up the business with the help of a few members from here the forum :wink2:but at last we have the best local on this complex and I love it.

I see my mate Paul has suggested me being a mod and other members and yes I would do this......and I will give this as much of my spare time as I can......I will admit I am not the best when it comes to computers but I do have people around me who will help me to learn it.
But not interested in all the hard work getting rid of spammers .........I will just be a MOD for people who are rude to others and delete their post.

As for all the members who talk and talk all day long about this and that well you carry on I like it and keep going because at the end of the day if it was not for the likes of you guys this forum would be very quite.

So their you go I will take the job if offered but my only job would be to clamp down on any members being rude or taking the p...s. because at the end of the day it's just another form of bullying and that's one thing that gets my back up. Say it to their face......great you have my respect .... Say it behind a screen then that's just sad and it needs to stop Be it any thread.

Right after this little rant lets all get back to what we know best giving advice and helping others

It's good that you have decided to remain a active member of this forum and I hope you can manage to come along to the next forum meet up when some of your good friends can meet you again and take the opportunity to buy you a well deserved pint.
Just think you deserve a reply as do many others on here for your kind words.... And yes the meeting I would love to attend and I will try my best to bring a couple of members along with me...... Lets get back to the old days meeting in person and having a chat and a laugh.........I drink red wine now and it's not the house wine lol so dig deep.

9PLUS
25-09-2013, 00:43
hope we can change your mind soon...........................dear

x

hope we can change your mind soon...........................dear

x

Ecky Thump
25-09-2013, 10:50
I see my mate Paul has suggested me being a mod and other members and yes I would do this......and I will give this as much of my spare time as I can......I will admit I am not the best when it comes to computers but I do have people around me who will help me to learn it.
But not interested in all the hard work getting rid of spammers .........I will just be a MOD for people who are rude to others and delete their post.

So their you go I will take the job if offered but my only job would be to clamp down on any members being rude or taking the p...s

Just think you deserve a reply as do many others on here for your kind words.... And yes the meeting I would love to attend and I will try my best to bring a couple of members along with me...... Lets get back to the old days meeting in person and having a chat and a laugh.........I drink red wine now and it's not the house wine lol so dig deep.

I will only be too pleased to buy you a bottle of vino, but if you were to become a mod, wouldn't it be seen as you taking a bribe, or maybe not as Slodge is always happy to take the odd free beer when we all meet.:D

So their you go I will take the job if offered but my only job would be to clamp down on any members being rude or taking the p...s

I will only be too pleased to buy you a bottle of vino, but if you were to become a mod, wouldn't it be seen as you taking a bribe, or maybe not as Slodge is always happy to take the odd free beer when we all meet.:D

Angusjim
25-09-2013, 11:16

Ecky its the only way you will see him with a drink in hand because he ain't keen to buy any and that's from personal experience, he could be a Scotsman ( I say this in before MM :D )

Bhamannette
25-09-2013, 13:12
Very glad to read this, dont post that often but made me feel sad that someone was leaving for these reasons, ignore the trolls thats what I say.

warbey
25-09-2013, 20:31

Thanks Young Golfer,

Sorted..

Get His Name down Quick Slodgey........:wink2::wink2:

9PLUS
25-09-2013, 21:22
can we have banning for people that blantantly take the p--s out of the tax office and laws or just forum pseudos?

cheers

x

Malteser Monkey
26-09-2013, 09:54
Ecky its the only way you will see him with a drink in hand because he ain't keen to buy any and that's from personal experience, he could be a Scotsman ( I say this in before MM :D )

Well he ain't from my neck o'the woods

can we have banning for people that blantantly take the p--s out of the tax office and laws or just forum pseudos?

cheers

x

Does that include the Scottish ?:bowdown::D

admin
26-09-2013, 12:59
But not interested in all the hard work getting rid of spammers .........I will just be a MOD for people who are rude to others and delete their post.Unfortunately getting rid of spammers is part and parcel of the job, and it'd be unfair to take on a role and then expect everyone else to deal with the spam. As you can probably now see, as the spam protection has been disabled while we get to the bottom of the hacking attempts and how they are getting in, we get A LOT of spam :( and it can't just be left for someone else when it appears, as it would take over the forum in a matter of hours.

If you want to be a mod, then the offer of your time is MOST welcome, however none of us pick and choose what jobs we do. We all do as much as we can for everything.

Angusjim
26-09-2013, 13:49
Unfortunately getting rid of spammers is part and parcel of the job, and it'd be unfair to take on a role and then expect everyone else to deal with the spam. As you can probably now see, as the spam protection has been disabled while we get to the bottom of the hacking attempts and how they are getting in, we get A LOT of spam :( and it can't just be left for someone else when it appears, as it would take over the forum in a matter of hours.

If you want to be a mod, then the offer of your time is MOST welcome, however none of us pick and choose what jobs we do. We all do as much as we can for everything.

Thats golden boy telt:c2::c2::laugh:

YOUNG GOLFER
26-09-2013, 14:36
Thats golden boy telt:c2::c2::laugh:

Watch it Mr or I will not try and help with your little problem:o:wink2:

Angusjim
26-09-2013, 14:40
Watch it Mr or I will not try and help with your little problem:o:wink2:

:sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry: no offence meant and I told you not to mention my little problem:eek:

warbey
26-09-2013, 20:03
The Mods meanwhile have a big Problem with Spammers Y.G. Now's Your chance.! .:D:D

YOUNG GOLFER
26-09-2013, 21:18
Well I wanted to be a mod but I have a feeling it's a conspiracy against me bringing all these spammers on board to scare me away...lol
Ok changed my mind just be a normal member from now on.

slodgedad
26-09-2013, 21:56
Well I wanted to be a mod but I have a feeling it's a conspiracy against me bringing all these spammers on board to scare me away...lol
Ahh, So it was you after all.. Problem solved... I can get some kip now.

admin
27-09-2013, 00:58
Ok changed my mind just be a normal member from now on.We do need the help...

Malteser Monkey
27-09-2013, 09:25

??:D:whistle::D

Mia
27-09-2013, 13:45
I do not post very often but am pleased you have returned YG. Your input to the forum is too valuable to lose.