PDA

View Full Version : Other What paperwork do we need when we bring our baby back to Tenerife?

Louise1991
24-09-2013, 11:19
Hey guys, we're expecting a baby in October and she will be born in the UK and then I will move back to Tenerife in December with her, can anyone tell me how we go about getting paperwork such as NIE and registering her with a doctor? Also if anyone knows of any mum and baby groups in the south I would be grateful to hear about them many thanks x

Louise1991
24-09-2013, 11:20
Hey guys, we're expecting a baby in October and she will be born in the UK and then I will move back to Tenerife in December with her, can anyone tell me how we go about getting paperwork such as NIE and registering her with a doctor? Also if anyone knows of any mum and baby groups in the south I would be grateful to hear about them many thanks x

kingbaker
28-09-2013, 14:58
Might be a mite young for a NIE..............who knows!!!!!!!:laugh::crylaughing:
Maybe try India.......you might get one there!!:smack:

chifleta
28-09-2013, 15:10
you would probably just need to get her a British passport (my son had his own Spanish passport from birth 20 years ago, so presuming it's same in UK), and registering her/him with docs if you have seguridad social card, you'd put baby on yours initially and register with doctor/pediatra where you are registered.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

if you are on facebook, look for the Wanted Tenerife page and ask there, as there are a couple of British run playschools...

congrats by the way :)

kingbaker
28-09-2013, 15:49
Hi chiffy, I thought you had to have a job-offer in writing to get an Nie no. or has it changed again!!
BTW Congrats Louise1991:wave:

bonitatime
30-09-2013, 20:58
Hi chiffy, I thought you had to have a job-offer in writing to get an Nie no. or has it changed again!!
BTW Congrats Louise1991:wave:

Congratulations
The child of a resident NIE holder has a right to a NIE too

Goldenmaniac
01-10-2013, 07:32
Probably easier if we talk about certificate of residence (green card sized) which shows the NIE number as opposed to Non resident's NIE printed on a white A4 sheet.
The NIE is not issued to minors, the certificate of residence (with an NIE number) is issued to dependant children of an existing European Certificate of residence holder(as BT said) In order to get the certificate of residence the parent must show economic means - a job , self employed or has a lump sum of 5.300 AND health cover for themselves and the child, could be Spanish SS if they are contributing here, or could be private, or could be UK funded EHIC card followed up by an S1 after 90 days. The child will already have a UK passport or will not be able to travel back here to Tenerife.