PDA

View Full Version : Other Two Giant Rays in Los Cristianos beach....

AlexCole
24-09-2013, 17:07
I was so surprised when I saw two giant rays in the beach of Los Cristianos.
I saw them close to the cost line... why they are in the public beach? :scared::wow:

BoPeep
24-09-2013, 17:24
I dont know who Ray is but he and his friend may be on the large side but they are entitled to sunbathe and swim as much as anyone else!

:crylaughing:

TOTO 99
24-09-2013, 17:28
I was so surprised when I saw two giant rays in the beach of Los Cristianos.
I saw them close to the cost line... why they are in the public beach? :scared::wow:

I very much doubt any of us can answer that question. I guess it's down to nature.

Just don't go swimming with your Steve Irwin trunks on.....

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

It's being reported on JA's site that people were moved off an area of the beach near Veronicas yesterday after a shark was spotted in the water!

Rays are bad enough but I draw the line at sharks..:eek:

warbey
24-09-2013, 20:10
I very much doubt any of us can answer that question. I guess it's down to nature.

It's being reported on JA's site that people were moved off an area of the beach near Veronicas yesterday after a shark was spotted in the water!

There's enough Sharks on Dry Land without any more......:spin::D:D.

Harmonicaman
24-09-2013, 20:37
Bet you no one told the rays it was a public beach...

chifleta
24-09-2013, 20:48
why they are in the public beach?

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA did you really just ask that.... how very dare they hahahaha....

seriously though, there are always rays right on the beach, just that when there are lots of people in the sea they probably keep away. I've seen huge rays in Galletas beach at night, you could see it literally gliding along the pebbles with the tide flowing in and out... it's normal.... in Puerto Colon there used to be loads....

why they are in the public beach?

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA did you really just ask that.... how very dare they hahahaha....

seriously though, there are always rays right on the beach, just that when there are lots of people in the sea they probably keep away. I've seen huge rays in Galletas beach at night, you could see it literally gliding along the pebbles with the tide flowing in and out... it's normal.... in Puerto Colon there used to be loads....

there have always been sharks around Tenerife coastlines, just with internet, we all hear about it more.... they just don't always come in so close to the shore....

there have always been sharks around Tenerife coastlines, just with internet, we all hear about it more.... they just don't always come in so close to the shore....

AlexCole
24-09-2013, 20:58
Its crazy... I thought coasts of Tenerife are safe...
Here is about shark:
Bathers in Playa de las Américas were advised by security and emergency services to leave the sea and beach area yesterday afternoon around 4pm after a shark was spotted swimming near the coast. The two-metre long creature seems to have been swimming in a one kilometre stretch of the Veronicas area.

Its crazy... I thought coasts of Tenerife are safe...
Here is about shark:
Bathers in Playa de las Américas were advised by security and emergency services to leave the sea and beach area yesterday afternoon around 4pm after a shark was spotted swimming near the coast. The two-metre long creature seems to have been swimming in a one kilometre stretch of the Veronicas area.

deepdivejunkie
24-09-2013, 21:30
The rays won't do anyone any harm, they're just going about there business. We feed them fish by hand here on dives in Las Galletas.. they are no bother, they are probably more frightened of you than you are of them!