PDA

View Full Version : Spam appearing on Tenerife Forum

marbro8
26-09-2013, 17:09
i think we have our first experience of smam on a few of the latest threads, i can't make head nor tail of it so god knows what they get out of it???

JaBBa
26-09-2013, 17:14
I know,my mail box has never been so busy lol,can't there ip address get blocked thro admin...

I_N_Cognito
26-09-2013, 17:15
I find it quite interesting...

marbro8
26-09-2013, 17:15
I know,my mail box has never been so busy lol,can't there ip address get blocked thro admin...looks like it has taken the thanks button as well???

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

i know the mods have been working hard for a while now to stop them but it looks like some have got through

I_N_Cognito
26-09-2013, 17:20
It's going a bit mental now...

doreen
26-09-2013, 17:44
It's going a bit mental now...

I'm pretty sure it is down to your serial reporter, Minty - insert wink smilie :)

TOPGUN77
26-09-2013, 18:16
I love spam,especially with egg and chips:D

slodgedad
26-09-2013, 18:32
I know,my mail box has never been so busy lol,can't there ip address get blocked thro admin...
Registration IPs are not the same as post IPs. Virtually everyone today has a dynamic IP so even though the original IP, which may have registered hundreds of accounts, is banned it makes no difference.

Harmonicaman
26-09-2013, 19:32
How's about restricting any new registrations to a minimum of 10 posts (for example), before allowing any external links/web addresses.

slodgedad
26-09-2013, 19:40
How's about restricting any new registrations to a minimum of 10 posts (for example), before allowing any external links/web addresses.
That's what normally happens but we've had to temporarily disable the add on. Anyone who posts with a link in their first 10 posts is normally automodded until it is approved but it currently is disabled while the hack is finally identified

Harmonicaman
26-09-2013, 19:45
OK, sorry Slodge, seems like you're on top of it pal. :goodluck:

marbro8
26-09-2013, 19:48
i reckon it's a former intelligent disgruntald ex member ha ha

trevorife2
26-09-2013, 19:50
Gutted ..... I thought marbs was starting a monty python thread !!!

slodgedad
26-09-2013, 19:52
OK, sorry Slodge, seems like you're on top of it pal. :goodluck:
Sorry if I sounded a bit frazzled, but I am. It is a clever one this time.

marbro8
26-09-2013, 20:01
Sorry if I sounded a bit frazzled, but I am. It is a clever one this time.nothing has been invented to beat you slodge:wink2:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Gutted ..... I thought marbs was starting a monty python thread !!!no not me mate even though it was my era:wink2:, i was just about to order some mullbery handbags but the posts gone:D

tizzywizzy
26-09-2013, 20:19
as the report button is not working and i can see many more spam posts appearing how can we let you know?

bern
26-09-2013, 20:43
Ive just unsubscribed to all the posts Ive been part of due to the flood of e-mails . Why are all these posts been allowed from the woolrich online clothing company?? they've even posted on the thread about the man that went missing last December who was found dead. this is terrible!!!
whats happening??
I don't want to be part of the forum anymore if this continues!!!!

TOPGUN77
26-09-2013, 21:09
Was just about to put a post up,seems this idiot is spamming all the posts hopefully he will give up and go back to his mental institution where he came from.

Harmonicaman
26-09-2013, 21:13
They seem to be all in "Business chat". Can that be isolated and switched off?

trevorife2
26-09-2013, 21:21
On my i phone version there is strange replies to most of the posts ... Except this one

doreen
26-09-2013, 21:36
Ive just unsubscribed to all the posts Ive been part of due to the flood of e-mails . Why are all these posts been allowed from the woolrich online clothing company?? they've even posted on the thread about the man that went missing last December who was found dead. this is terrible!!!
whats happening??
I don't want to be part of the forum anymore if this continues!!!!

Have a read bern :)

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ : Forum Hackers... Again.

Good afternoon all.

You may have seen some strange messages on the forum again this morning. We were hacked again and actually at this very moment while we are trying to overwrite all forum files with clean ones, they are actually hacking us again.

We have been trying to keep the hackers off since about 8am this morning and in order to make sure there are no security vulnerabilities we have disabled ALL plugins on the system. This means that much of the functionality of the forum you are used to may not be here at the moment, such as post thanks, status updates, etc. Also some of the anti spam addons will not be functional.

So, if you see any spam, or you notice something not working correctly, can you PLEASE press the Report to Mods button and submit a report, or reply to this thread with any information.

Thanks.

admin
26-09-2013, 21:43
@harmonicaman, thanks for your suggestions, and I know you are only trying to help, but if there was an easy solution, believe me it would have been implemented already. Business chat cannot be isolated and turned off, because it is only a prefix. It is being used because it's the first one on the list. If we took off business chat, the spammers would just use the next available prefix. What it does do, is enable the mods to quickly delete the spam by sorting my prefix and selecting all the threads. At least we know the majority of them will be in business chat.

I have already posted about this problem earlier today, so if members could please read my announcements, then you will all be aware of developments. I cannot spend time replying to many different threads asking the same questions when there is already a thread which I have started giving that information. I need to be trying to get the foum secure so the addons can be reinstated, so If you'll forgive me, I have to go and do some work. :)

Please see my thread here : http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?29767-IMPORTANT-PLEASE-READ-Forum-Hackers-Again

And post here : http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?29611-Sorry-guys-I-was-wrong&p=322683&viewfull=1#post322683

9PLUS
26-09-2013, 21:47
warrabout just turn the forum off ?

one stop solution shop

x

slodgedad
26-09-2013, 21:50
warrabout just turn the forum off ?

one stop solution shop

x
Is that how your mate Zarion would have done it?

9PLUS
26-09-2013, 21:55
Is that how your mate Zarion would have done it?

^ LIKE LIKE LIKE ^

If IT actually got off ITs ass maybe yeah.

I_N_Cognito
27-09-2013, 15:22
I'm pretty sure it is down to your serial reporter, Minty - insert wink smilie :)

We like him, gives us a laugh now and then...

Always look on the bright side of life....................

:whistle:

doreen
27-09-2013, 17:50
We like him, gives us a laugh now and then...

Always look on the bright side of life....................

:whistle:

You might want to check that opinion with the Founders - I doubt they would agree

warbey
27-09-2013, 19:39
Last Night I signed off after seeing the Forum inundated with Stupidity.

We all moan on occasion, but may I for One, (sure there are Others)

say a big thankyou to Our Mods for clearing up the Pathetic Rubbish input on Here.

It does You all great credit..

Thanks.....

Megaloo
27-09-2013, 21:02

say a big thankyou to Our Mods for clearing up the Pathetic Rubbish input on Here.

Thanks.....

I second that Warbey

melm
27-09-2013, 21:10

Thanks.....

I second that too........well done :tiphat:

I_N_Cognito
28-09-2013, 01:02
You might want to check that opinion with the Founders - I doubt they would agree

As I thought, they don't really give a s#it, check it out if you haven't already, it's a forum, pity the tw#t doesn't have the balls to voice his opinions openly...

chifleta
28-09-2013, 15:24
I decided to log off for a few days, is it safe to come back :hide::typing:

macdonald5
28-09-2013, 15:28
I decided to log off for a few days, is it safe to come back :hide::typing:

Looks safe now again chifleta ,I certainly have got rid of the scary beetle and German love note that appeared when trying to log on !! The mods have worked hard

chifleta
28-09-2013, 15:33
Looks safe now again chifleta ,I certainly have got rid of the scary beetle and German love note that appeared when trying to log on !! The mods have worked hard

With my luck this year I didn't fancy my computer being hacked to boot, would have been all I needed :) ... I only signed on because I had a private message, else I probably would have left it a few more days still......

sundownersvince
28-09-2013, 18:24
As I thought, they don't really give a s#it, check it out if you haven't already, it's a forum, pity the tw#t doesn't have the balls to voice his opinions openly...

Posted at 01.02.
Oh dear.

Malteser Monkey
28-09-2013, 19:53
With my luck this year I didn't fancy my computer being hacked to boot, would have been all I needed :) ... I only signed on because I had a private message, else I probably would have left it a few more days still......

Yes all still here dear - good to have you back MRS thought married life was keeping you busy:whistle::D