PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have experience of living in Barcelona or Valencia?

Red Devil
29-09-2013, 12:59
Although I love Tenerife and will always stay in winter simply because of the climate I wondered if anyone had any experience of living in Barcelona or Valencia?
They seem to be big cities but with nice beaches, plenty going on and excellent transport whether by train, car or plane to so many other places, plus of course all those last minute cruises leaving fom Barcelona!
Sometimes I get a bit frustrated that it isnt easy to get around from The Canaries.
Or does anyone have any other suggestions? I believe Malaga is good as well?

rosemary
11-10-2013, 21:54
I haven't lived in either of those cities but I lived near Valencia for 8 years and found it to be a beautiful cultured city, sophisticated, modern with beautiful baroque architecture. It's a Cathedral city with an elegant centre and great shops. Excellent rail services from a central stunning Art Nouveau style railway station.

I know Barcelona from several trips there. Apart from the central Ramblas and the superb Gaudi architecture and the nearby beach I would not advise living there, has reputation for a very high crime rate. But it is cosmopolitan and lively if that is what you are looking for.

Red Devil
12-10-2013, 19:07
Thank you Rosemary, thats very helpful.

warbey
12-10-2013, 20:52
Rosemary is right. I have Holidayed many times a little further on. This involved travelling via Barcelona.

Temperatures are some degrees less than Tenerife and the City is spread over a large Area, so it's worth exploring.

It is also Cosmopolitan, with a crime-rate.

Valencia I like but bow to Rosemary's experience

Malaga is Somewhere I alway7s like to Visit.
I only know the Seaward Area, but it is probably more Spanishey than the Others to Me
but with the Airport, it is well worth going there, with the Costa Del Sol it's Doorstep.

Three different Cities, each with it's own charm, I wish I had to decide, believe Me.........

Adseo
13-10-2013, 12:03
Valencia is a very nice city, im sure you will enjoy it.