PDA

View Full Version : Employment Illegal workers can report work-related fraud anonymously online

Goldenmaniac
30-09-2013, 14:07
The department of Employment have created an online mailbox for reporting work related fraud anonymously.

Previously, illegal workers were nervous of reporting an irregularity because they had to give their details, even though the information although know to the work inspectors was never communicated to the employer.

Now the process is totally anonymous.

The move is clearly aimed at detecting those companies that hire under the table workers, or issue part time contracts and then force their workers to work eight hours or more , and also those people who are collecting unemployment benefits and working on the black .

There is a danger of baseless allegations fueled by quarrels between neighbors, competitors or by disgruntled employees, but on balance the authorities feel this measure should highlight firms that try to obtain cheap labor in exploitative work conditions.

To access the complaint form see here:

http://www.empleo.gob.es/buzonfraude/
Source: http://www.diana-mcglone.com/

9PLUS
30-09-2013, 14:18
Fine your way out of the crisis.

bonitatime
30-09-2013, 20:51

Dont you ever feel it is unfair that you pay tax and social security and there are others out their paying less than minimum wages and bugger all tax and social security

slodgedad
30-09-2013, 21:14
Dont you ever feel it is unfair that you pay tax and social security and there are others out their paying less than minimum wages and bugger all tax and social security
I agree but I can also feel for the family man, whose benefits and entitlements have run out and has no chance of legal work who then accepts a bit of work, cash in hand.

9PLUS
30-09-2013, 22:06

I agree but I can also feel for the family man, whose benefits and entitlements have run out and has no chance of legal work who then accepts a bit of work, cash in hand.

Of course Bonitatime i'm all for it...

But this is like most things the Spanish do, a Fine system.

They should reconstruct the whole employment Laws to encourage people to pay and then put in the massive fine system for non payers.

All in all a much better way to deal with this,

Everyone €75 and watch the economy get better

And the new Entrepreneurs Law is a **** take, complete rubblish

Angusjim
01-10-2013, 06:50

You seem to be quite happy fining illegal letters is this a bit too close to home:confused:

Goldenmaniac
01-10-2013, 07:25
...... And the new Entrepreneurs Law is a **** take, complete rubblish
Agree 9 Plus The new Entrepreneurs Law has nothing for existing small businesses or for more mature people, what is there is aimed at youngsters and start-ups - and how many of those have we seen recently blow all their lump sum dole entitlement on something that fails within 6 months.

bonitatime
01-10-2013, 08:53
Agree 9 Plus The new Entrepreneurs Law has nothing for existing small businesses or for more mature people, what is there is aimed at youngsters and start-ups - and how many of those have we seen recently blow all their lump sum dole entitlement on something that fails within 6 months.

I would agree with this there is nothing in it for small existing businesses unless you work with government entities and don't get paid for 120 days. At least in their case they don't have to pay tax until they receive the money

honda
01-10-2013, 11:06
Anyone reading this, that knows little of starting/running a small business in tenerife, read up on the subject. Then read the same if starting in the UK.
I don't know how people are keeping their business's going, never mind employing workers on full contracts.

It's hard getting any kind of work here on fantasy island. I have been here three and a half years and still I look for decent work, and I only want part time.

I still hear people say that they are thinking about a move to Tenerife, and think they will get work. " I will have a go at anything ".
If you are young, fit and good looking, you may get some bar work on minimum wage. If your late 40's, forget it.

9PLUS
01-10-2013, 16:01
You seem to be quite happy fining illegal letters is this a bit too close to home:confused:

Well if you decided you read, your question would sound as half-witted as the person that wrote it.

tonypub
02-10-2013, 03:43
this will cause a rise in unemployement

Angusjim
02-10-2013, 07:15
Well if you decided you read, your question would sound as half-witted as the person that wrote it.

So why do you argue the exact opposite of what you argue on the illegal letting you say that "They should reconstruct the whole employment Laws to encourage people to pay and then put in the massive fine system for non payers." but for illegal letting fine them all heavily from the start with no excuses. It takes a half wit to know one dear:wave:

bonitatime
02-10-2013, 08:45
this will cause a rise in unemployement

Maybe but it might level the playing field for those who pay tax and social security

9PLUS
02-10-2013, 08:46
Start another thread Jimmy,

Whats up do you rent illegally ?

Angusjim
02-10-2013, 13:57
Start another thread Jimmy,

Whats up do you rent illegally ?

No just don't like double standards dear:raspberry:

9PLUS
03-10-2013, 08:57
No just don't like double standards dear:raspberry:

Lay off the drink pal, what the bloody hell are you talking about ?