PDA

View Full Version : Time to retire

ssjolie
01-10-2013, 13:03
I just want to tell you that 1th February is the magic date. I retire after 40 years of working.
More time to spend in Los Cristianos.

melm
01-10-2013, 13:56
I just want to tell you that 1th February is the magic date. I retire after 40 years of working.
More time to spend in Los Cristianos.

well done:tiphat::tiphat:

Malteser Monkey
01-10-2013, 14:18
bet you are looking forward to it - enjoy !

TOPGUN77
01-10-2013, 15:55
That's the best thing I did and buying a property over here,no more cold winters and being ripped of by UK prices.

ssjolie
01-10-2013, 16:50
That's the best thing I did and buying a property over here,no more cold winters and being ripped of by UK prices.

Here in Norway we are used to cold winters. I will not buy anye property in tenerfe, but hire for for the winter. I'm looking forward to that...:laugh:

marbro8
01-10-2013, 17:00
Here in Norway we are used to cold winters. I will not buy anye property in tenerfe, but hire for for the winter. I'm looking forward to that...:laugh:good luck, that is my aim when we retire, just counting the years down now, but my wife says i am wishing my life away:(, i wouldn't have to if i was happy in my work:laugh:

ssjolie
01-10-2013, 17:03
Hi.
I've been working more than 40 years and over 30 as a journalist. I feel i have right to retire now and use mye free time to more "funny thing" than fight for the best stories. Like sitting in a pub in Los Cristianos have a pint og beer and watch Engelish football.

Su1
01-10-2013, 17:15
Congratulations....if you are like me you will love retirement. Like you I worked full time for over 40 years in a very pressured job and colleagues thougth I'd miss work...how wrong they were.. have to say retirement is not cheap though...you have the time to do all these things you have always wanted too! Enjoy your last few weeks in work...they will fly by.....

ssjolie
01-10-2013, 18:08
Hi.
Now it is my turn. The last ten years people i Los Cristianos have told me how nice the reirement will be. Now I begin to understand and looking forward to 5th January when we travel down to Los Cristianos and the wonderful Hotel Cristian Sur where we live when we are there...

TOPGUN77
01-10-2013, 19:28
Hi.
I've been working more than 40 years and over 30 as a journalist. I feel i have right to retire now and use mye free time to more "funny thing" than fight for the best stories. Like sitting in a pub in Los Cristianos have a pint og beer and watch Engelish football.

Enjoy it, you only live once that's why I decided to retire early and drink beer at 93 cents a pint lol

marbro8
01-10-2013, 21:06
Enjoy it, you only live once that's why I decided to retire early and drink beer at 93 cents a pint lolis that with the tax added? and don't you find that they never give you a FULL pint? either that or the glasses are smaller:wink2: having said that the lager in tenerife is better than in the uk:)

TOPGUN77
01-10-2013, 21:17
is that with the tax added? and don't you find that they never give you a FULL pint? either that or the glasses are smaller:wink2: having said that the lager in tenerife is better than in the uk:)
Yep that's with tax added but depends where you go most bars along Los Cristianos and Fanabe are doing beer at 1 euro,some places use pint glasses some I reckon are a bit smaller but who cares its cheap beer and as you say tastes far better then what you get in the uk.

marbro8
01-10-2013, 21:29
Yep that's with tax added but depends where you go most bars along Los Cristianos and Fanabe are doing beer at 1 euro,some places use pint glasses some I reckon are a bit smaller but who cares its cheap beer and as you say tastes far better then what you get in the uk.you should try my mate richard's place along the front in los cris, it's called r&b's, they sell a premium lager called estrella extra? anyway i had about 3 pints before my meal and i had to drink water the rest of the night:laugh:, turns out it was about 6% and he didn't even know lol, only €1.5 euro as well:)

TOPGUN77
01-10-2013, 23:01
you should try my mate richard's place along the front in los cris, it's called r&b's, they sell a premium lager called estrella extra? anyway i had about 3 pints before my meal and i had to drink water the rest of the night:laugh:, turns out it was about 6% and he didn't even know lol, only €1.5 euro as well:)
So if I mention your name will he give me discount lol,never had that so may give it a try good excuse to leave the car at home.

marbro8
01-10-2013, 23:08
So if I mention your name will he give me discount lol,never had that so may give it a try good excuse to leave the car at home.i class many bar owners as my friends in tenerife but i would challenge them to remember my name:laugh:, they remember me when i turn up though:laugh: actually i think it may be called estrella special:wink2:

sundownersvince
01-10-2013, 23:23
Nice to see you cats enjoying your retirement. Not long for me either but I'm merely a Meerkat.... :eyebrows: