PDA

View Full Version : Windows Internet Explorer problem

Unicorn
03-10-2013, 08:44
Could anyone advise me please..... My Internet Explorer is very slow, and as I use it for Facebook etc. it's very annoying. Can I switch to Google Chrome or similar. If so, how do I do it ?

Thanks, Theresa

9PLUS
03-10-2013, 08:51
I switched Browsers about 3 years ago.

Firefox is great for me, https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/fx/?icn=tabz#desktop Press the Firefox free download button in the bottom left hand corner.

TOTO 99
03-10-2013, 08:54
Could anyone advise me please..... My Internet Explorer is very slow, and as I use it for Facebook etc. it's very annoying. Can I switch to Google Chrome or similar. If so, how do I do it ?

Thanks, Theresa

If you type "google chrome" into google it will take you to the page to download it. Probably best to untick the other boxes along the way, such as google toolbar.

If you're really not sure, there'll be plenty of pages on google if you type "how to download google chrome" and no doubt Youtube will have a video that will guide you.

Unicorn
03-10-2013, 08:59
Thanks very much both of you. I will have a look.....

chifleta
03-10-2013, 18:50
I use firefox for my browsing and fb and emails etc etc and I use chrome for watching videos (as my firefox seems to crash on flash) ... haven't used Explorer for a couple of years now...

Unicorn
03-10-2013, 19:17
I use firefox for my browsing and fb and emails etc etc and I use chrome for watching videos (as my firefox seems to crash on flash) ... haven't used Explorer for a couple of years now...

Thanks for that. I have downloaded Google Chrome now, seems ok so far....

Fivepence
03-10-2013, 19:26
The latest IE...10 is just as good as Chrome or Firefox.

timmylish
04-10-2013, 00:12
I,m running IE 10, Firefox and Chrome all to-gether, safari I have in the background. I often wonder if I have sufficient browsing capabilities!

Albatros
04-10-2013, 08:48
I,m running IE 10, Firefox and Chrome all to-gether, safari I have in the background. I often wonder if I have sufficient browsing capabilities!

Do you have something against Opera? :)

Unicorn
07-10-2013, 09:19
I just realised there is no toolbar on Google Chrome, is there one on Firefox. I cannot use IE10 apparently as I am on Windows XP...

slodgedad
07-10-2013, 12:36
I just realised there is no toolbar on Google Chrome, is there one on Firefox. I cannot use IE10 apparently as I am on Windows XP...
Yes. I use firefox Toolbar and love it. Plenty of customisation options.

chifleta
07-10-2013, 14:56
wasn't life so much easier when we didn't have computers and/or internet? right?:old:

Malteser Monkey
07-10-2013, 15:01
wasn't life so much easier when we didn't have computers and/or internet? right?:old:

ahhh but then I wouldn't have met you lot ...................maybe on second thoughts:D:hide:

Albatros
07-10-2013, 16:13

For a lot of folk it started in the early 80s with the Vic 20. Yes!!! 0ver 30 years ago. My, how time flies. :)

VIC 20 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_VIC-20)

slodgedad
07-10-2013, 20:28
For a lot of folk it started in the early 80s with the Vic 20. Yes!!! 0ver 30 years ago. My, how time flies. :)

I had one of those. Memory 5kb. It was the baby brother of the Commodore 64 which had a massive 64 mb.

Everything had to be loaded with a cassette tape. Good old days..;)

chifleta
10-10-2013, 18:08

commodore 64 .......... hahahaha yup, me and my brother had one

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

<<<< humming the Hovis music

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

eeeeeh bye gum, listen to that t'crackle of t'record http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzLiVYf3n64

Santiago
11-10-2013, 14:53
I still have my Acorn Electron and a huge pile of games including the all time favourite "Chucky Egg"!

atlantico
12-10-2013, 12:20
you don't need a toolbar - see the 3 lines icon in top right corner for options/setting etc

jerryt
24-10-2013, 10:15
chrome is good, for i guess domestic purpose but if you work on internet i guess firefox is great cause of good collection of dev support to it.

RichardPrince
10-11-2013, 15:14
You can use Google Chrome or Mozilla Fire Fox, both of them are popular than IE. Simple search on google
for Google Chrome or Mozilla Fire Fox download file. After downloading the file run the .exe file and follow the instruction there. It's done.

Balcony
15-12-2013, 13:03
Sorry if we encounter sucking eggs, but...Have you tried 'cleaning' your computer and IE to try to achieve better performance? Download free CC Cleaner and this will help clean out the cr-p. Lods of software options for this. Also go through your software programmes and make sure you've not inadvertently downloaded a piece of nonsense that often gets downloaded along with other software you did want and forgot to 'untick'.

Try to download Microsoft Fixit that sort out some problems. I think Microsoft did discontinue it, but I have it and it still works 9to some extend). There are other programmes available for this too.