PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Planning a move to Tenerife

Biker
04-10-2013, 09:01
Hi I am wanting to re-locate from Thailand to Tenerife in the foreseeable future, what are the requirements for living there? I receive a pension from the UK of approx 1000 euros I also have savings, I would like to work and would be prepared to do anything even washing dishes! I have read about proving healthcare insurance, can anyone give me the information regarding what I need in order to live in Tenerife.
I am 57 love my motorbike.
Cheers
Ken

Biker
04-10-2013, 11:09
You should have to do a work, in which you have expertise. You cannot do hardworking in this age.

Sorry I do not understand your reply, I receive a monthly pension, I have savings, I would do anything just to be able to get into the social security system.

boredinscotland
04-10-2013, 12:09
So you only want into the social system,,,,go to UK and scrounge off that, everybody else is

Malteser Monkey
04-10-2013, 12:13
Let's take deep breaths and start again:)

Margaretta
04-10-2013, 13:01
Hi Biker,
The work situation is poor in Tenerife as in many countries. Please read the Forum threads on moving and paperwork but advice to everyone is as always: come and look for a month or so before suddenly relocating. You can learn a lot in that time and it will be a less risky venture.

Biker
04-10-2013, 13:32
So you only want into the social system,,,,go to UK and scrounge off that, everybody else is

Thanks for your nice reply, I have no intention of scrounging, never have and never will, wanting to be part of a countries social system is not scrounging, I would like to work and thus pay into the system, I am asking for advice as to what I need in order to live in Tenerife, you seem a nice chap!!

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Hi Biker,
The work situation is poor in Tenerife as in many countries. Please read the Forum threads on moving and paperwork but advice to everyone is as always: come and look for a month or so before suddenly relocating. You can learn a lot in that time and it will be a less risky venture.

My sister is already living there and both her and her husband are working, if it is not possible to work what are the requirements for me to live there, I have read you need minimum 5000 euros in your bank account, that is not a problem, do you have to prove private healthcare insurance etc

TenerifeTeddy
04-10-2013, 13:57
Hello biker and welcome to the forum.

There is a lot of useful information on the forum that you can find using the search facility.
Member Goldenmaniac also has a website with a lot of helpful stuff on. here (http://www.diana-mcglone.com/#residencia)is her page on requirements for Residencia, it also tells you about health care. She can help you with any paperwork you need as well. :)