PDA

View Full Version : Other Where can I get a Glass Hob repaired?

ciderhunter
06-10-2013, 18:12
Does anybody know where I can get a glass hob (touch-controlled kind), repaired. It is just out of guarantee!

mike in chayofa
06-10-2013, 18:35
Does anybody know where I can get a glass hob (touch-controlled kind), repaired. It is just out of guarantee!

What is the matter with it? Where are you situated?

My hob lost the thermostatic control on two places. I decided that it was going to cost too much to be repaired, so I replaced it.

There is an electrical parts repair shop in Valdes Centre Opposite the bus station in Los Cristianos. The guy in there will be able to give you some guidlines and he can speak a little English (but not much), so best bet if you don't speak Spabish is to write a few key words down on a piece of paper. Also the make, model etc

Having said that, mine was 9 years old, so if it is a good make, it's probably worth having it repaired.

ciderhunter
06-10-2013, 20:46
Thank you Mike. This one is just over 2 years old. The on/off touch switch fails to turn it on. It happened once before but I found that switching off the electricity and switching it back on again, seemed to bring it back to life. But no more.
I will try and find the guy in the Valdes centre and see what he thinks, but like yours, it may just need replacing.