PDA

View Full Version : Internet Deterioration in Internet Access speed this weekend.

Tdm
06-10-2013, 18:56
Anyone else in the South (Los Cristianos area) noticed a sudden drop in Internet speed to a painfully slow
0.1mbytes all this weekend, or is it just my DT line.
Normally get around 2.68mbytes where I live, but now it is down to snail speed all day Saturday and today (Sunday).
Would like to know if it is unique to me, or others as well are experiencing similar problems?.

TenerifeTeddy
06-10-2013, 19:33
Have you tried restarting your router? I have to restart the router in my shop several times a week to restore the speed after it drops.

thesloaneranger
06-10-2013, 20:39
Ive noticed the speed in Torviscas was dreadful over the weekend, and dropped altogether at times despite several reboots. Its back to normal now this evening thankfully :)

junglejim
06-10-2013, 21:03
Speed in San Eugenio fine at 5Mbs

ameal4two
06-10-2013, 21:32
Down to 0.1 el medano,not good ,think we all need to do something about ,paying a lot of coin out for this,

slodgedad
06-10-2013, 22:20
I'm with DT and my speed never varies. Pay for 8 always achieve on average 6.8

obs
06-10-2013, 23:29
8.4 in Valle tonight.... as usual ..... :tiphat:

Tdm
07-10-2013, 09:22
I'm with DT and my speed never varies. Pay for 8 always achieve on average 6.8

All depends where you live as I have been told 3Mbytes is the maximum I can get where I am.
Have been with DT for years but the service (Internet speed) is very variable and up and down and lost count of the number of times had to ring their Engineers to get them to look at the line and make changes after the speed has dropped to almost nothing.
And in answer to another question, yes I have reset the Router myself on a number of occasions, but it usually takes intervention
by a DT Engineer to get up to speed again.
Update as at 2.45pm Monday 7/10/2013:
Still getting only 0.18 speed this morning, but just tried re-booting the Router once again, and since doing so the speed has increased to 2.56mBytes. Why the router should need constantly re-booting I don't know, I am on my 3rd of 4th Fritz box by now,
are they prone to constant problems & deteriation?

timmylish
07-10-2013, 22:17
In the 3 years at this address our router has never had to be re-booted or any other manipulation carried out. Good old Telefonica!

slodgedad
07-10-2013, 22:30
All depends where you live as I have been told 3Mbytes is the maximum I can get where I am.
Have been with DT for years but the service (Internet speed) is very variable and up and down and lost count of the number of times had to ring their Engineers to get them to look at the line and make changes after the speed has dropped to almost nothing.
And in answer to another question, yes I have reset the Router myself on a number of occasions, but it usually takes intervention
by a DT Engineer to get up to speed again.
Update as at 2.45pm Monday 7/10/2013:
Still getting only 0.18 speed this morning, but just tried re-booting the Router once again, and since doing so the speed has increased to 2.56mBytes. Why the router should need constantly re-booting I don't know, I am on my 3rd of 4th Fritz box by now,
are they prone to constant problems & deteriation?
It may be where you live, as you say. I am on the same Fritzbox as I started with and apart from TV problems a few months ago I am very happy here in Las Chafiras.