PDA

View Full Version : Employment Oil rig work in Santa Cruz. Is there anyone out there who is working on the oil rig.

garthmar1
08-10-2013, 11:18
Hi, Me and my partner have a villa in Tenerife. I would like to get a job on the oil platform, does anyone know how I go about it.
My experience is all construction based, Nebosh, HND, SMSTS, temporary works coordinator, etc etc.
I am willing to go on the appropriate courses if I can get on the rig out there.
I am sick of the cold weather in Britain.

Any information would be appreciated please.

bonitatime
08-10-2013, 21:20
Not sure where you have your info
They are a very long way from having a rig out here and it will be east of Lanzarote when it comes

9PLUS
08-10-2013, 22:54
Welcome to the forum Darthmar1

x

Macbook
17-10-2013, 05:45
The Cajun Express deepwater Semi-sub is going to start drilling off Morocco in the next few weeks....

Oil exploration is coming this way very soon.....

granitecityred
17-10-2013, 09:42
You will have to put yourself through 2000 pounds worth of courses back in the UK , offshore survival etc before a company will even look at you, and there's no guarentee of Employment as starting a job in the Oil Industry is really hard to get into. As for working International off of Tenerife, forget it......you will need drilling experience 4-5 years minimum and only the higher up jobs....OIM down to Assistant Derrick men are expats. The companies you need to contact once you have done your surviaval are Salamis, Amec etc who are offshore construction companies

offshore diver
12-11-2013, 17:27
You will have to put yourself through 2000 pounds worth of courses back in the UK , offshore survival etc before a company will even look at you, and there's no guarentee of Employment as starting a job in the Oil Industry is really hard to get into. As for working International off of Tenerife, forget it......you will need drilling experience 4-5 years minimum and only the higher up jobs....OIM down to Assistant Derrick men are expats. The companies you need to contact once you have done your surviaval are Salamis, Amec etc who are offshore construction companies

hi mate yes ,you will need to do a bosiet survival course in uk , like the rgit centre in aberdeen or the fleetwood centre in liverpool ,there are 2 types of bosiet the normal helicoper escape wearing a new type of re breather apparatus and the tropical one which i have which you hold your breath and escape from the helicopter ,the t bosiet is valid in the middle east and far east ,im not sure about offshore morroc co if that is classed as tropical , also you will need to do a 3 day banksman slinging course and also the do a 1 month roughneks course at a centre in montrose , i am an ex roustabout and roughnek myself having worked on the ocean liberator semi sub and few other rigs but that was 1989 , i think now its safer no spinning chains on the rig floor ,best thing do what i did do the above courses and then sit it out at a cheap guesthouse in great yarmouth ,visit the agencies and drilling companies like atlatic drilling a uk co , and keep knocking on the doors ,like the other f member said to work overseas you need to be derrikman or above ,once you reach that level your laughing as there is soon to be a major shortage of offshore personel in the next 5 years ,if you are under 30 years of age ,id say go for it ,all best and good luck