PDA

View Full Version : Health Can anyone recommend a dentist near the Golf del Sur in Tenerife?

mully
09-10-2013, 21:33
Hi,can anyone recommend a dentist to do an Implant for my wife,we have been told that it is much cheaper in Tenerife
but would rather go to one that a forum member knows/trusts and get a price.We are over next week so we can visit a
dentist and get things started hopefully,
regards,
Mully:tiphat:

Tom & Sharon
09-10-2013, 22:24
These are our neighbours -

http://www.dentalimplant.com.es/en/our_clinic.html#team

Rafael is an oral surgeon who studied in the UK, so he speaks excellent English.

A friend of ours has just had a lot of dental work done by him, and the results are amazing.

canarybird
10-10-2013, 00:09
Where in Tenerife will you be staying? I had an implant done in Puerto de la Cruz this spring and another forum member had more than one done by the same dentist and I can vouch for an excellent treatment for us both.The dentist is a young female orthodontist who trained in USA and speaks very good English. Her name is Nerymar and she's in the Clinica Avril in La Paz, Calle Aceviņo 4. If you're interested I'll come back here with the phone number as you need an appointment as she's not there every day.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Just in case you need the phone number for the reception at the clinic, it's 922 384 223 where they also speak very good English.

mully
10-10-2013, 16:37
Hello,Canarybird,we are staying on the Golf del sur and many thanks for your reply but we have contacted Tom & Sharons recommendation in Los cristianos and many thanks to them for their time,thats why we love this forum as it is such a help to get information from people who are in the know :thanks:

mike in chayofa
11-10-2013, 11:11
Hi,can anyone recommend a dentist to do an Implant for my wife,we have been told that it is much cheaper in Tenerife
but would rather go to one that a forum member knows/trusts and get a price.We are over next week so we can visit a
dentist and get things started hopefully,
regards,
Mully:tiphat:

Do you know/have the evidence that an implant is suitable?

I use Clinica Dental Andini in the Vales Centre (next door to the health centre/opposite the bus station)

I have no complaints. They are excellent and speak English.

I wanted some implants and although I had X rays, they insisted that I had a 3D wrap around X ray. This showed that i did not have sufficient jaw-bone mass in the selected areas for successful implants. 10/10 for honesty and saving me money on implants that were likely to fail.

Phone number is 922 75 16 03

TOPGUN77
11-10-2013, 11:34
I have mapfree insurance for dental work does any one know what dentist accept this,we live in ElRoque near San Miguel thanks

BoPeep
11-10-2013, 16:17
The dentist in Los Abrigos is great! They do implants all the time and speak all the main languages. Our English dentist said they were charging us half what we would pay in the UK. Its

Clinica Dental Medical Implant 922 749 742 www.dentalturismo.es

Straight down into Los Abrgos, left at the roundabout and just along there on the left, you cant miss it, its a bright new looking block next to the chemist.

mully
12-10-2013, 12:04
Thankyou Mike & Bopeep,I cant believe there are so many dental implant clinics,we have booked an appointment in los cristianos but will keep these details and see what happens,again many thanks for your help,
Mully

TOPGUN77
12-10-2013, 12:09
Thankyou Mike & Bopeep,I cant believe there are so many dental implant clinics,we have booked an appointment in los cristianos but will keep these details and see what happens,again many thanks for your help,
Mully
Keep us updated with your experience with them:D

mully
12-10-2013, 12:12
No problem TOPGUN,its the wife having the implant thank god!I hate going to the dentist!

mike in chayofa
12-10-2013, 12:15
You need to read up on implants (if you haven't already) because there are various options.

Look at THIS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dental_implant) to make sure that you are up-to-date

TOPGUN77
12-10-2013, 12:44
No problem TOPGUN,its the wife having the implant thank god!I hate going to the dentist!
I think we all hate dentists I always go tense when i'm in the chair and sweat like a goodin lol.What are they charging as my wife needs some doing.

canarybird
12-10-2013, 13:27
I can say that after I broke a tooth by chewing on a piece of healthy, firm dark bread (!) I went through the root extraction and an implant over a period of weeks at the orthodontist I mentioned above and during that time and to this day I have not had the slightest twinge of pain....and that during several visits to work on the implant, check, correct fit etc.

I was surprised as I'd heard it can be an uncomfortable procedure at times. But there was absolutely no pain from start to finish.
I have been so pleased with the treatment and the result!

Tom & Sharon
12-10-2013, 17:45
Mully

I don't think you will be disappointed.

Let us know how you get on......

mully
13-10-2013, 19:10
Thankyou all again for all your replies,especially Mike,Wife feels a lot better seeing those x ray details LOL!
First things first,flying out Tuesday,dentist Wednesday,Forum meet up Thursday,Happy days!!

Ecky Thump
23-10-2014, 14:22
Hi , I thought this was worth sharing for anyone needing dental work.
I highly recommend the new practice in the south of Tenerife ( Los Cristianos ) - DENTAL CENTER DIPARR.
You feel as if you have travelled to the future once you are inside the clinic with all the latest technology and very helpfull staff.

I get a feeling that you might have a financial link to this wonderful dental practice!:cheeky: