PDA

View Full Version : Other Hotel near Santa Cruz bus station?

Belinda
11-10-2013, 23:27
Hi all,
Can anyone suggest a place to stay for one night somewhere fairly close to the main bus station in Santa Cruz? I've got a couple of family members who will be flying into the north airport and flying out from the south the next morning, so just looking for a stopover but preferably with a place to eat nearby for the evening.
Thanks!

SeanC
11-10-2013, 23:37
Just off the top of my head, the hotel closest to the bus station in Santa Cruz.....

http://www.hoteles-silken.com/hoteles/atlantida-santa-cruz/

10 mins walk probably. No idea of how it rates though.

Dave
11-10-2013, 23:55
I stayed here a few weeks ago for 1 night http://www.hoteles-silken.com/en/hotels/atlantida-santa-cruz/ it is about 10 mins walk away from the bus station. It's mainly a business hotel but the room was comfortable and not too expensive. It has got a glass lift on the outside so not very good for people afraid of heights!

Belinda
11-10-2013, 23:55
Many thanks for that and also for taking the trouble to give the link. I've had a look at and if nothing else pops up, I'll probably book that for them. But if anyone else has any info, that'd be appreciated.

junglejim
12-10-2013, 02:29
There are a few 2/3 star hotels , small, around Plaza Espana - 1 tram stop away from bus station that would suit eg Pelinor, Oceana , Atlantico .
http://www.booking.com/searchresults.en-gb.html?aid=303948;label=santa-cruz-de-tenerife-0EA7cuHbNDXthPbowkP8kQS8394615261%3Apl%3Ata%3Ap1%3 Ap2%3Aac%3Aap1t1%3Aneg;sid=a535995876dcce29912a57f e9122c95b;dcid=1;city=-401686;redirected_from_city=1;src=city

Belinda
12-10-2013, 09:18
Many thanks for that Junglejim, The cheaper options might be good!
Not sure about the tram as I've never used it myself but presumably a taxi, bearing in mind they'll have a small case (carry on) might not be too expensive.
I was thinking if we did book the Silkens, they could get a taxi there and then in the morning walk back to the bus station.
I don't mind wandering around to find things myself, especially as I am a devotee of rucksacks, but not sure I can send other people to do the same, if you know what I mean!

Angusjim
12-10-2013, 09:30
If you go onto Travelsupermarket just put in details Hotels /Spain / Tenerife / Santa Cruz it comes up with names & prices & maps may help you find hotel:)
http://hotels.travelsupermarket.com/Place/Santa_Cruz_de_Tenerife_1.htm

junglejim
12-10-2013, 16:47
Many thanks for that Junglejim, The cheaper options might be good!
Not sure about the tram as I've never used it myself but presumably a taxi, bearing in mind they'll have a small case (carry on) might not be too expensive.
I was thinking if we did book the Silkens, they could get a taxi there and then in the morning walk back to the bus station.
I don't mind wandering around to find things myself, especially as I am a devotee of rucksacks, but not sure I can send other people to do the same, if you know what I mean!

The tram is directly outside the Bus station 2 minute ride ,and after 1st stop a 2 minute walk to Plaza Espana the taxi will only take you to edge of Plaza Espana as it is pedestrianised on Castillo .

Belinda
13-10-2013, 10:53
Many thanks for these suggestions and help, that's really brilliant. I'm checking them out now and should be able to make a decision from that. Your help is much appreciated!

Adseo
13-10-2013, 11:57
Why don't you rent a car?

Belinda
13-10-2013, 12:23
Hi Adseo,
It's just a flying stopover, arriving at the north airport around 17.00/18.00 hrs and leaving early next day for a 12.00 flight in the south. But thanks for the thought.

Angusjim
20-10-2013, 09:14
Belinda did you get your hotel sorted out:)

Belinda
20-10-2013, 10:33
Hi there,
Yes I did, many thanks for asking.
I had a good look at the various options suggested but in the end, the family decided to take the direct express bus from the north airport to the south and stay the night on Golf del Sur. That way, they got to have an extra hour sleep the next morning and not have to worry about any delays that there might be.
But the info will definitely come in very handy for if I spend the night in the north when I'm between airports. I don't know Santa Cruz at all (apart from El Cortes Ingles) and I'd like a good explore.
Thanks all for your help.