PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Where would be best to live? Pebble Beach or Windsor Park?

rfos2
12-10-2013, 18:22
hi,
thinking of relocating to Tenerife, pebble beach or Windsor park, any suggestions appreciated.rolleyes2:

karinagal
12-10-2013, 22:21
Welcome! Are you looking to buy or to rent? Apartment or villa? A little more info will probably get you more responses..

rfos2
13-10-2013, 15:47
Hi thanks for responding, looking to buy an apartment, can't decide where guess I would want to rent it out for 6/7 months a year. I play golf my wife does not so would need an area where she would not get bored. Important that we could bring the dog would this create any problems?

Red Devil
13-10-2013, 16:02
I would strongly suggest you long term rent at first until you get a feel of the place and definitely know the area where you would like to settle.
Buying and then getting it wrong is expensive to rectify!
Also it isnt that simple to rent out your own apartment and there is a big legal wrangle going on about it in the Canaries at the moment (see separate illegal lettings thread on this forum) so you definitely need legal advice before buying anything.

rfos2
15-10-2013, 11:52
Thanks for that info, ideal area that I am looking for would be near a town with a good expat community not too far from golf course, but I guess that's what we all want!

bonitatime
17-10-2013, 09:31
Thanks for that info, ideal area that I am looking for would be near a town with a good expat community not too far from golf course, but I guess that's what we all want!

I can't imagine any factors I would include less
But what you would possibly be talking about might be llano de Camello the other side of the motorway from Las Chafiras

rfos2
17-10-2013, 11:14
Thanks for that,
I will check it out, its not an area that I know.

regards
Bob

timmylish
18-10-2013, 03:32

I would be obliged if you could exclude me from your desired area and not be so presumptuous in the future.

princessmonika
18-10-2013, 08:09
augusta park in amarilla golf , would be ideal for you

Margaretta
18-10-2013, 09:41
Hi,
Bonitatime, although there are ex-pats in Llano del Camello there are far more Canarians and Spanish with a good helping of Russians, Poles, Belgians etc. There are no 'British' bars or shops and we are all mixed happily in this developing community.
I can understand that if the lady is to be a 'Golf Widow' and a dog-walker she needs scenery, people, easy access to the shops and if she and her husband feel more comfortable in an ex-pat atmosphere then Amarilla Golf, Golf del Sur and San Blas have plenty of happenings for a lady to join in. I would think that dog-walking by the sea would be a more interesting option than suburban pavements so would opt for Pebble Beach.

rfos2
18-10-2013, 11:00
I will happily exclude you from anything that I do, and I do not have to be that presumptuous as the tone and content of your message tells everyone that reads it what type of person you are.

Madre
18-10-2013, 14:16
That was not very friendly Timmy !

princessmonika
18-10-2013, 14:56
i second that madre

mike in chayofa
18-10-2013, 15:16

I agree with timmylish on this one. That would be my worst nightmare.

This isn't a reflection on anyone, but merely to state that it is not always the case that everyone holds the same dreams, ideas and thoughts. Every one of us will hold different views about 'something'. That is what makes us all individuals.

junglejim
18-10-2013, 15:49
I would be obliged if you could exclude me from your desired area and not be so presumptuous in the future.

Nice one Timmy , I would go for Windsor Park , I think you deserve it !

Madre
18-10-2013, 16:49
Hey, the guy has just joined, 5 posts and people start being mean! No wonder people are leaving, just the tone from Timmy was enough !

Medman
18-10-2013, 16:57
I agree with timmylish on this one. That would be my worst nightmare.

This isn't a reflection on anyone, but merely to state that it is not always the case that everyone holds the same dreams, ideas and thoughts. Every one of us will hold different views about 'something'. That is what makes us all individuals.

Yes Mike, of course we are all different and Bonitatime made that point without causing any upset. However, unintentionally or intentionally Timmylish did not.

Susief
18-10-2013, 17:17
Yes Mike, of course we are all different and Bonitatime made that point without causing any upset. However, unintentionally or intentionally Timmylish did not.

Would take Timmy's comments with a pinch of salt!

rfos2
18-10-2013, 17:25
thanks Susief and Medman,
just looking for guidance, that's all

Medman
18-10-2013, 17:53

I know, and welcome to The Forum. A good place to "meet" people is on the Fun & Games thread. I'm usually there ! :crazy:

primrose
18-10-2013, 17:58
I know, and welcome to The Forum. A good place to "meet" people is on the Fun & Games thread. I'm usually there ! :crazy:

You're always there.:lol:

Welcome to the Forum rfos2.:welcome:

rfos2
18-10-2013, 18:27
ok thanks, will do

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Hi Guys,
not used to forums, how do I get onto the fun & games thread? I really appreciated your comments it has taken me out of defensive mode,

Medman
18-10-2013, 19:07
ok thanks, will do

Hi Guys,
not used to forums, how do I get onto the fun & games thread? I really appreciated your comments it has taken me out of defensive mode,

First click on the Forum button in the top left. That opens up all the sections. Scroll down to General and you will see Fun & Games. Done from memory so hope that's right.

melm
18-10-2013, 19:13
ok thanks, will do

Hi Guys,

welcome from me:goodluck:

Susief
18-10-2013, 19:19

No worries, welcome from me too.
You will soon come to realise there are people on here that are informative and some that are not! Please don't let those that are not put you off. We need new blood on here, has got very stale and flat.
I can't help you with Pebble Beach or Amarilla but we have Los Palos Golf Club near Camping Nauta if you fancied a caravan/mobile home.
Plenty of places to walk dog, although need a car for getting about.
Good luck with your search.

kathml
18-10-2013, 19:59
I know I'm biased but would suggest Medano as an ideal place golf nearby but a real village to live in with lots of real people

In The Sun
18-10-2013, 20:28
I would opt for Golf Del Sur. All the golf you could ask for on the doorstep and a great expat community, its is even know as Little England. The only problem might be in finding a place that you can rent out legally

celine
18-10-2013, 20:34
welcome from me as well:hi: