PDA

View Full Version : Health Where can I get antibiotics without a prescription in south Tenerife?

Leam_Lin
13-10-2013, 14:08
Does anyone know of a chemist in Los Cris, LA or Torviscas area that will let you have antibiotics without a prescription. Any help where to get a prescription in this area. thanks.

dotyb
13-10-2013, 14:43
hi pm sent

Malteser Monkey
13-10-2013, 14:55
Used to be able to buy Clamoxyl in 3 strengths (amoxicillin) at any farmacia

Leam_Lin
13-10-2013, 14:55
Thanks,dotyb, nothing come though yet.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Used to be able to buy Clamoxyl in 3 strengths (amoxicillin) at any farmacia

Thanks MM. When was the last time you bought over the counter? I believe the rules have changed recently.

Malteser Monkey
13-10-2013, 14:57

not sure if you can send pm with only 4 posts ?

Thanks MM. When was the last time you bought over the counter? I believe the rules have changed recently.

I didn't think you could now either - was wondering about your question

Thought if I gave you the name of a brand you could try asking around

primrose
13-10-2013, 15:06
PM sent.........

Topacciolo
24-10-2013, 13:01
The rules did change. Now antibiotics can only be sold with a Dr prescription. If you find some pharmacy that sells you antibiotics without make sure that you check the boxes for expiry dates because being illegal i read that some pharmacies are selling like this the unwanted stock. Be careful.

Jackalina
24-10-2013, 16:42
And make sure you get cheapest brand.

jerryt
25-10-2013, 08:43
The rules did change. Now antibiotics can only be sold with a Dr prescription. If you find some pharmacy that sells you antibiotics without make sure that you check the boxes for expiry dates because being illegal i read that some pharmacies are selling like this the unwanted stock. Be careful.

This is why antibiotics which didn't need Drs prescription before, we need to even get their permission to get them.

clara
25-10-2013, 11:28
I would like to get Oxytetracycline but have not been able to find it in Tenerife, but my doctor in the uk thinks I should be able to get it. Anyone got any ideas?

mike in chayofa
25-10-2013, 14:21
It is an antibiotic and as such you will need a doctors prescription.

This is logical because it is a very old antibiotic, as such it will not work for some people that have built up a resistance to it. Also, there are far better broad spectrum antibiotics available these days, so it's best to seek medical advice and a prescription for the condition that you need treating.

Topacciolo
28-10-2013, 11:55
I would like to get Oxytetracycline but have not been able to find it in Tenerife, but my doctor in the uk thinks I should be able to get it. Anyone got any ideas?

I checked with my Dr and he said that you can get it. This is the generic name so a pharmacy should be able to give it you. You'll need a Dr prescription.
If you are around Las Americas came and see us at TEHC The European Health Centre and we will sort this out for you. This is our clinic number: 922716682 We alls speak English.

clara
28-10-2013, 13:44
Thank you Topacciolo, thats very helpful.

junglejim
28-10-2013, 13:55
Pharmacies aren't going to give out antibiotics any more for a number of reasons as earlier mentioned
Overuse
Inappropriate for infection
Allergic reactions
The doctor prescribing would also have to know your medical history and examine you before prescribing otherwise he or the pharmacy could be liable for misdiagnosis or tragic side effects - antibiotic allergies can kill!

http://www.drugs.com/article/antibiotic-sideeffects-allergies-reactions.html