PDA

View Full Version : RIP Lucky.

slodgedad
15-10-2013, 22:51
Nearly 18 years ago we found a 3 to 4 week old puppy abandoned in the toilets at the tennis club in Garanana in Silencio. We fed it with an eye dropper for the first few days and eventually she began to lap.

My daughter was 5 at the time so she has always known her.

Today Lucky had 4 fits and after a visit to the vet she sadly died.

to say we are upset is an understatement but Charlotte who has known her virtually all her life is inconsoleable.

Just thought I-d share this as I know there are many members on here who have had the pleasure of meeting Lucky in the past

Megaloo
15-10-2013, 22:58
So sorry to hear this but what a wonderful age and what lovely memories you must have . Also what a wonderful home you gave to her you must feel happy that you gave her so many good and caring years. I know at this time though itdoes not make it any easier especially for your Daughter . It is so sad that their lives are so much shorter than ours.

candy2411
16-10-2013, 07:50
So sorry this must be a very sad time for you all, but take heart from the fact that thanks to you, Lucky really did have a wonderful life. :console:

Susief
16-10-2013, 08:11
So sorry Slodgie, it's worse than losing a family member.
You have given her 18 happy years.
RIP Lucky

canarybird
16-10-2013, 08:28
So sorry to hear you've lost your dear family pet. They are so loved and I know how devastating it is to suddenly lose one.

My condolences to you and your daughter.

sunspot
16-10-2013, 08:36
Sorry to hear your sad news slodge, i know how much lucky meant to you but you have given 17 years of love to her, its so sad xxx

melm
16-10-2013, 13:58
Oh gosh what a sad loss for you and your family. :hug:

rosemary
16-10-2013, 13:59
Tell your daughter Slodge that Lucky needed to go. He stayed as long as he could. And get a new puppy soon.

Addick
16-10-2013, 14:54
Sincere condolences for your loss. A dog's unconditional love makes their passing so tough, but
in due course all the memories of the good times and years of happiness you shared together will take over again.

Malteser Monkey
16-10-2013, 18:02
ahhh sorry from me too Slodgie

TOTO 99
16-10-2013, 18:43
A sad day indeed Slodgie.

The anguish compounded by having to see your daughter so upset.

I hope it doesn't take you all too long to come to terms with the loss. You gave her a good life...:respect:

Susief
16-10-2013, 19:14
Slodgie whatever you do, don't rush into getting another dog/puppy! You need to grieve for Lucky.
When the time is right you'll know or the right dog will find you.

LUCKY
16-10-2013, 19:22
So sorry to hear of your loss , my thoughts are with you and your family. Must admit that your post did shock me :flatcap::feret::feret:

Blondeshrimp
16-10-2013, 20:26
So sorry to hear your sad news,
RIP Dear Lucky, you were much loved.

slodgedad
16-10-2013, 21:03
So sorry to hear of your loss , my thoughts are with you and your family. Must admit that your post did shock me :flatcap::feret::feret:
Sorry 'bout that, Lucky..:tiphat::lol:

warbey
16-10-2013, 21:03
.. What a Tribute to that poor abandoned Pup of Years ago, that Someone mourns for Her so much.

What a Tribute to Your Daughter, that She could feel so much Love in Her Heart.

Lucky has gone on ahead, but will be waiting when the time comes.

I now have Tears in My Eyes, as I still mourn for two wonderful Friends

of Years gone by. R,I,P, Lucky, You were Loved so much. x x

Rickiebear
17-10-2013, 07:25
Hi, just reading this has brought tears to my eyes. I know what it like to loose a faithful friend and constant companion. The time will come when you will be able to laugh at your many adventures together.
God bless.

Red Devil
18-10-2013, 15:55
.. What a Tribute to that poor abandoned Pup of Years ago, that Someone mourns for Her so much.

What a Tribute to Your Daughter, that She could feel so much Love in Her Heart.

Lucky has gone on ahead, but will be waiting when the time comes.

I now have Tears in My Eyes, as I still mourn for two wonderful Friends

of Years gone by. R,I,P, Lucky, You were Loved so much. x x

Thats lovely Warbey, couldn't have put that into words as eloquently as you have done.
Slodgie in the middle of all your upset try to hold on to the thought your family gave your dog 18 years of happiness. x

warbey
18-10-2013, 19:16
Thats lovely Warbey, couldn't have put that into words as eloquently as you have done.
Slodgie in the middle of all your upset try to hold on to the thought your family gave your dog 18 years of happiness. x

Thankyou Red Devil. I just hope those words brought a little comfort to Slodgie's Daughter and Family..

It isn't total loss, so many memories are left to remember......

celine
18-10-2013, 21:12
condolences from me and jim as well...
.. rip xxxxx

karinagal
18-10-2013, 21:18
So sorry to hear this Slodgie.. I don't know what your beliefs might be but I was told that pets are teaching souls - they only leave us when their job is done.. Lucky had a good life with you all and much, much love