PDA

View Full Version : Home and Garden Air conditioners/heaters

timmylish
16-10-2013, 12:25
After nearly 3 years in our new apartment we have come to the conclusion that to finish everything off and make us entirely comfortable we need (want) to fit, possibly 3 fixed units in the bedrooms and lounge. The one major stumbling block is that we are not allowed and don,t want external units disposing off the waste water etc. Like modern tumble dryers, which do not need hosing to go from the unit to a window, we want to know, first of all is such equipment made where to have a look at and likely cost. Now, in essence, I need to know can we get such units on Tenerife and where to look at some. I re-iterate, any external anything is knocked back!
Many thanks in advance.

Angusjim
16-10-2013, 13:25
Mr T see below these units don't require external units or pipework but have to be mounted on external wall to vent thru don't know is these are suitable for you
http://www.orionairsales.co.uk/compact-all-in-one-air-conditioning-wall-unit-with-electrical-heater29-kw--10000-btu-eho533-2273-p.asp?gclid=CP-IorOqm7oCFTPItAodNHkADw
http://www.xpelair.co.uk/whp-digitemp-integrated-air-conditioning-and-heating-units.html

TOPGUN77
16-10-2013, 14:17
We where lucky in the fact our town house is only 4 years old and all the drains wiring and pipework was pre installed.If you can't run the water to the outside you will need to run pipework from the AC unit to a nearby drain inside or just run a pipe to a big water container.

timmylish
17-10-2013, 00:17
I am grateful for the replies which, almost, meet our requirements but fall just short in respect of what we are and are not allowed to do in damaging the outside fabrics. Unfortunately I have to say that were a Spanish family install such units as suggested it would make our life easier in doing it in our apt. !
Again, many thanks.

lynne7
17-10-2013, 13:41
You could try calling Neil Bryson on 0034 629846135 - he is English but lives in Golf del Sur and he installs air conditioning.