PDA

View Full Version : Home and Garden Dishwasher 10 plates

princessmonika
17-10-2013, 14:19
which is the best dishwasher to buy, the small one-- 10 plates- i saw one in worten in stainkess steel-- the make is edesa -- does anyone know how good it is-- thank you--:cooking:

mike in chayofa
17-10-2013, 14:33
Edesa is a Spanish manufacturer that has been around for a long time. I don't have any of their products but people I know do and tell me that if you have a problem in the future, their after sales service is good.

If you have room for a full sized dishwasher, personally I'd go for that. I have a 45cm built in dishwasher (I didn't have the space for a full sized one). It cost more than a regular dishwasher and is OK if I'm by myself, but for 2 or more people it isn't ideal

princessmonika
17-10-2013, 14:47
thank you mike, but i don't have the room for full size here ---i have a full size one in ireland but the smaller one would suit me here

primrose
17-10-2013, 15:35
Edesa is a Spanish manufacturer that has been around for a long time. I don't have any of their products but people I know do and tell me that if you have a problem in the future, their after sales service is good.

If you have room for a full sized dishwasher, personally I'd go for that. I have a 45cm built in dishwasher (I didn't have the space for a full sized one). It cost more than a regular dishwasher and is OK if I'm by myself, but for 2 or more people it isn't ideal

You mean you use a dish washer for just 1 person? ???:redcard:

garlicbread
17-10-2013, 15:46
You mean you use a dish washer for just 1 person? ???:redcard:

You DON'T have a dishwasher....really ......how 1950's

primrose
17-10-2013, 15:54

YES I have a Dish Washer and it's a FULL SIZE one but I wouldn't dream of using it for one person.How wrong can you in be your assumption, but you probably remember the 50's better than I do.

princessmonika
17-10-2013, 16:14
well i can get 3days dishes and pots into it the small one ,one person or for 2 people sometimes -- it is great and you don't see the dirty dishes a quick rinse and in they go-- in ireland i get for 2 people, 2 day dishes out of it, before i need to put the dishwasher on- i have plenty of dishes and pots--i cook a lot:cooking::cheers2:

Tshirt
17-10-2013, 18:04
We have the oldest dishwasher in our street.......ME, and I was made in the 40's:dishes:

Ricman
17-10-2013, 18:10
Just been through exactly the same exercise last month. Space restrictions meant I had to get a 45 cm unit. Bought one from Worten at Las Chafiras & they delivered it the day after.
Opted for a Balay3VN500BA eventually, not the cheapest & nowhere near the dearest but got a 2 year warranty & I am really really pleased with how well it works & how well the utensils are cleaned. So far so good.

princessmonika
17-10-2013, 18:27
i looked today in worton , but they only had the edesa with the stainless steal front-- i prefer stainless steel-- but did not see the Balay3vn500ba
i will go again and ask. also i will go to masters of chafiras-- you can buy of catalog from them takes a bit longer, but i have some time until my kitchen presses are ready--

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

i really just wanted to know , which is the best dishwasher to buy here in tenerife - can anybody tell me?????? the 10 plates one?thanks

karinagal
17-10-2013, 18:54

Mine is called Charlie but he's really unreliable... He's often missing from duty and refuses to wear marigolds...!!!! :p

candy2411
17-10-2013, 19:07
:laugh::laugh::laugh: Mine was pretty useless.....so....I got a cat as a replacement:kittylove:

Tom & Sharon
17-10-2013, 20:32
Monica, don't buy a Spanish make, all their stuff is useless.

And yeah, before you all take Umbridge, I know what you're gonna say..............

Go up to Media Markt ( good German shop! ) and have a look. I had a look online what they've got here -

http://tiendas.mediamarkt.es/ecommerce/categories/categories.cfm?id=363&perPage=10&view=9&orderBy=priority%2Cname&orderByDirection=ASC&categoriesList=10001059&fromPrice=0&toPrice=900&filterCustomTag=2295&filterCustomTag_2295=&filterCustomTag=2298&filterCustomTag_2298=&filterCustomTag=2326&filterCustomTag_2326=

Whirlpool looks good to me!

seal420
19-10-2013, 10:13
Just avoid Teka. They come with two options - either wash the dishes before going in the machine or wash them when they come out. Absolutely useless.

golf birdie
19-10-2013, 10:48
Monica, don't buy a Spanish make, all their stuff is useless.

And yeah, before you all take Umbridge, I know what you're gonna say..............

Go up to Media Markt ( good German shop! ) and have a look. I had a look online what they've got here -

http://tiendas.mediamarkt.es/ecommerce/categories/categories.cfm?id=363&perPage=10&view=9&orderBy=priority%2Cname&orderByDirection=ASC&categoriesList=10001059&fromPrice=0&toPrice=900&filterCustomTag=2295&filterCustomTag_2295=&filterCustomTag=2298&filterCustomTag_2298=&filterCustomTag=2326&filterCustomTag_2326=

Whirlpool looks good to me!

when we had our kitchen done 12 years ago we had all the white goods by Fagor, dishwasher, washing machine, oven, hob, fridge freezer, extractor. They all lasted over 8 years and we still have the extractor, hob, fridge freezer and washing machine so I would not say all Spanish goods are the same. In fact since the dishwasher needed replacing we got another by Fagor which came with a 7 year warranty. Also when the dishwasher needed repairing the parts were easy to get.

princessmonika
19-10-2013, 12:19
hi sharon yes i have a whirlpool washing machine in dublin --american make very good - is that stainless steal?????
thanks for the info will travel up north-- there is one in worten edesa silver 399 euro-thanks for your info

bosch is the best, but the price is high

Tom & Sharon
19-10-2013, 12:45
Yeah, Bosch is the best generally. Whirlpool is a good second!

Angusjim
19-10-2013, 13:13
Here's what Which say http://www.which.co.uk/home-and-garden/kitchen/reviews/dishwashers/best-buy/table/:tiphat: ah problem with Link you have to logged in as a member to read this:shy: but Bocsh mostly good followed by Siemens then Beko & Whirlpool about same

doreen
19-10-2013, 13:34
Interesting to see which company owns the various brands ... from the internet

Fagor owns the brands Edesa, Aspes, Mastercook, Brandt and De Dietrich ... Balay belongs to the Bosch/Siemens Group.

Ricman
20-10-2013, 12:00
I also tried in the North. Went to Media Mart & Carrefour in Santa Maria. Saturn & El Corte Ingles in Santa Cruz. Strangely all the prices were 25 - 40 % higher than in the South. Additionally of course if you have any problems & need to return it is 140 or so kms. whereas Las Chafiras is on your doorstep.
Just a word about our German retailers in the North. In the spring I bought a LCD monitor from them as I could not get what I needed from Worten. It was sold as FULL HD. I got back to Los Cris & spent hours trying to get it to work on my new PC. In the end I asked the PC supplier to have a look. Being an expert he soon discovered it was only HALF HD & would never work properly.
I traipsed back to the North with a fluent Spanish speaker & the piece of kit. After a very,very long discussion where initially they insisted it was FULL HD, they then said it was not sold as FULL HD but they had to back down when I went into the showroom & brought out the price tag, with FULL HD writ large on it.

timmylish
21-10-2013, 02:49
I also tried in the North. Went to Media Mart & Carrefour in Santa Maria. Saturn & El Corte Ingles in Santa Cruz. Strangely all the prices were 25 - 40 % higher than in the South. Additionally of course if you have any problems & need to return it is 140 or so kms. whereas Las Chafiras is on your doorstep.
Just a word about our German retailers in the North. In the spring I bought a LCD monitor from them as I could not get what I needed from Worten. It was sold as FULL HD. I got back to Los Cris & spent hours trying to get it to work on my new PC. In the end I asked the PC supplier to have a look. Being an expert he soon discovered it was only HALF HD & would never work properly.
I traipsed back to the North with a fluent Spanish speaker & the piece of kit. After a very,very long discussion where initially they insisted it was FULL HD, they then said it was not sold as FULL HD but they had to back down when I went into the showroom & brought out the price tag, with FULL HD writ large on it.

Yup. They are getting a right bad name for causing difficulties with returns even within a 10 day period from purchase. Strange really since they were completely different when they first opened and clients had no problems returning faulty/damaged/unsatisfactory goods.

Interesting to see which company owns the various brands ... from the internet

Fagor owns the brands Edesa, Aspes, Mastercook, Brandt and De Dietrich ... Balay belongs to the Bosch/Siemens Group.

We bought a table top Bosch from the Tenerife Auction Rooms nearly 3 years ago in mint condition (it had been used less than a dozen times) but I have to say I,m not entirely convinced that they represent decent value. It was also a nightmare to have installed.

Peanuts
21-10-2013, 08:05
It does not really matter which brand you buy they are all the same. High end brands all come from the same manufacturer and low end brands are all made in the same one or two factories. Just because it is a Bosch does not mean Bosch produced it. In most cases a brand/manufacturer concentrates on one item, i.e Bosch I believe washing maschines and buys the rest, Liebherr for the fridge etc.

Esskay
22-10-2013, 12:15
we have a 'slimline' dishwasher and we find it's OK for us, a family of 4. Yes, sometimes I have to wash pans by hand but most of the time it's fine.