PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy decent bedding in south Tenerife?

videotalker
18-10-2013, 10:50
I need to purchase new bedding for an apartment and wondered where the ladies of Tenerife buy theirs? I can buy nice single quilt sets in Sainsburys for £12 but then have to pay to bring them over, if I could get nice stuff at a reasonable price in Tenerife, even better (not Ikea). Thanks

lynne7
18-10-2013, 12:28
I was told that the bedding in Tenerife is generally a different size to what we have in the UK, particularly the pillows, so the Sainsburys set might only work if you have UK bedding too? You can buy good quality duvet sets at Boncasa in CC Gran Sur, or Textiles Sur in Las Chafiras.

primrose
18-10-2013, 12:51
I get all my bedding from Debenhams, postage is 7 Pounds per order with no limit to the amount of items in an order, takes about a week to arrive.I don't like the size of the pillows here and the only duvet cover I bought here was open along the bottom, no fastenings.

Mia
18-10-2013, 13:44
Pillow sizes are different in Spain especially the single bed pillows. They fit across the whole width of a single bed, therefore single bed pillow cases are to fit this type of pillow.

We found double bed pillow cases do fit English pillows but it is a tight fit.

I agree that Boncasa in cc Gran Sur, and Textiles Sur in Las Chafiras are good
Textiles Sur also have a shop in Playa San Juan on the main road through.

I would also recommend El Kilo in Las Chafiras.

Tom & Sharon
18-10-2013, 14:08
I buy my bedding mostly in the UK and take it over. I have had some from Zara Home though in the north.

You can get English size pillows, duvets and bedding in "One Stop Home Shop" in Las Chafiras on the opposite corner to Iceland.

SparklySkies
18-10-2013, 15:13
Yes - The home shop in the Gran Sur Complex has a good range of bedding :-)

Suzanne
18-10-2013, 17:47
The one stop shop in Las Chafiras near Iceland has a full range of English bedding, quilts and pillows at reasonable prices. Also if you are on face book and then join the Floggit site there are one or two people that sell bedding new. try Ann Kenworthy she has a great selection at very reasonable prices.

lynne7
18-10-2013, 18:17
The one stop shop in Las Chafiras near Iceland has a full range of English bedding, quilts and pillows at reasonable prices. Also if you are on face book and then join the Floggit site there are one or two people that sell bedding new. try Ann Kenworthy she has a great selection at very reasonable prices.

Suzanne - do you have a link for the Floggit FB page?

Thanks.

Megaloo
18-10-2013, 18:24
I get all my bedding from Debenhams, postage is 7 Pounds per order with no limit to the amount of items in an order, takes about a week to arrive.I don't like the size of the pillows here and the only duvet cover I bought here was open along the bottom, no fastenings.

thanks for that . Have you ever had to pay any duty on the goods?

primrose
18-10-2013, 18:38

No, it comes by Royal Mail and Correos and I haven't had anything to pay.I have sent for lot's of things and only ever had 1 Parcel go astray and when I let them know it hadn't arrived they sent a re-placement with no argument.I also send for lots of Tshirts from Bon Marche and that is 5 Pounds 70 for a full order, they are just as reliable and often have free International postage and packaging.Another good website for Cosmetics and Toiletries is lookfantastic.com they have lot's of offers and that is always free P&P.

clippee
22-04-2014, 12:12
Do they sell British sized single beds in One Stop Shop

videotalker
22-04-2014, 13:21
They sell everything you could ever want! Fabulous shop!

clippee
22-04-2014, 14:16
thank you very much

kingbaker
22-04-2014, 20:54

Wotts wrong with the pillows here?:p

primrose
22-04-2014, 21:07
Wotts wrong with the pillows here?:p

Long and thin not a patch on English pillows,they need beefing up a bit.

kingbaker
22-04-2014, 21:43
Long and thin not a patch on English pillows,they need beefing up a bit.

The men or the pillows:p

tracy hampshire
23-04-2014, 16:58
if you go onto face book, on any of the for sale sites in tenerife , floggit , for sale tenerife, you will find a lady called ann kenworthy , she inports bedding from the uk & sells it over here , all good quality stuff x

mariben
11-10-2014, 14:09
Hi primrose I'm very interested in what you said, I do realise this an old post but do you still order be bing from the UK and only pay £7 and no duty. It's just I ordered good from Next Home and it was free delivery if the order was over €20 which it was, I got a text from DHL to say the parcel would be delivered and I have to pay €27.82 I did contact next and they checked and found out that the carriers DHL have a special charge because we are in Tenerife not the mainland, I was disappointed about this and it has put me off ordering goods online from the UK. So I would be very grateful if you can confirm this. Thank you

primrose
11-10-2014, 14:23
Hi primrose I'm very interested in what you said, I do realise this an old post but do you still order be bing from the UK and only pay £7 and no duty. It's just I ordered good from Next Home and it was free delivery if the order was over €20 which it was, I got a text from DHL to say the parcel would be delivered and I have to pay €27.82 I did contact next and they checked and found out that the carriers DHL have a special charge because we are in Tenerife not the mainland, I was disappointed about this and it has put me off ordering goods online from the UK. So I would be very grateful if you can confirm this. Thank you

Ordered some bedding from Debenhams yesterday,at the moment if you spend over 50 pounds it is free International postage, Debenhams use Royal Mail so no Courier Charge.I have only ever had to pay Customs duty once and I have sent for lots of things.Also if you type in Promo Codes for stores in UK in search box you will usually find that most stores have an offer on, link to Debenhams offer. http://www.hotukdeals.com/vouchers/debenhams.com at the moment it is 10% off just type in the promo code at the checkout.Hope this helps.