PDA

View Full Version : Other Are Ryanair getting soft?

lopin
25-10-2013, 12:14
I see Ryanair are reducing some of there charges http://www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/is-this-the-advent-of-a-new-caring-sharing-ryanair-1.1573199

Angusjim
25-10-2013, 12:21
I see Ryanair are reducing some of there charges http://www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/is-this-the-advent-of-a-new-caring-sharing-ryanair-1.1573199

They will probably just raise the actual ticket prices to reflect these savings!!:)

Tom & Sharon
25-10-2013, 13:23
Thank God you will now be able to carry your handbag now though.

I have never understood that, and it pisses me off big time. At the boarding gate, I have to mess about putting my handbag in my case, only to have to do the same thing in reverse when I've boarded. That is not time efficient when the airline is seeking quick turn around times.

Angusjim
25-10-2013, 13:26
Thank God you will now be able to carry your handbag now though.

I have never understood that, and it pisses me off big time. At the boarding gate, I have to mess about putting my handbag in my case, only to have to do the same thing in reverse when I've boarded. That is not time efficient when the airline is seeking quick turn around times.

Quite right Tom :respect::c2::c2:

Peterrayner
25-10-2013, 13:57
Getting the make up bag out is a bugger as well. :)

tfs1
25-10-2013, 18:24
Now are we all sure its not 1 April !

Ryanair flights from many UK airports already allow you to take on board an airport purchased bag of 'stuff' ie Boots / WHSmith sarnies etc.

Well done to them for listening but lets see what others changes they plan to balance the loss of income.

Perhaps the lowering of hold bags prices will encourage more to take hold cases and dilute the issues of on board cases and lack of space, oddly inflight space wasn't an issue last Sunday when we came to Tenerife perhaps because most also checked in a case.

murph
25-10-2013, 18:52
To quote Murphy's Law

''If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something''

Don't trust him as far s I could throw him!

Angusjim
26-10-2013, 07:40
To quote Murphy's Law

''If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something''

Don't trust him as far s I could throw him!

Murph you would know all about trust or should I say no trust you being in the most corrupt industry in the world the finance sector now there is an industry with no morals at all ( except your good self of course ):nono:

tfs1
26-10-2013, 08:11
Perhaps the lowering of hold bags prices will encourage more to take hold cases

Having reread the detail hold luggage costs haven't 'come down' just the penalty cost of checking in your 1st 15kg case at the airport checkin desk/gate if you havent previously done it online.

TOTO 99
26-10-2013, 08:30
Having reread the detail hold luggage costs haven't 'come down' just the penalty cost of checking in your 1st 15kg case at the airport checkin desk/gate if you havent previously done it online.

Anything is better than nothing but IMHO their popularity will not improve until MOL has been replaced.

Angusjim
26-10-2013, 09:00
This brings up the age old bleating about the cost of this and cost of that, the cost that counts is the END cost and most times in my case at least they come out cheapest and I may have been lucky but have never been delayed or cancelled and as has been said may times stick to their rules and everything is good, but EVERYONE has the ultimate option if you don't like them don't use them. Long live Susie's uncle Mick:c2::c2:

tfs1
26-10-2013, 09:28
This brings up the age old bleating about the cost of this and cost of that, the cost that counts is the END cost and most times in my case at least they come out cheapest and I may have been lucky but have never been delayed or cancelled and as has been said may times stick to their rules and everything is good, but EVERYONE has the ultimate option if you don't like them don't use them. Long live Susie's uncle Mick

totally agree and we use them all the time and never had a problem. As we speak our family are on their way to Tenerife and currently expected to land 56 minutes early ! on their Ryanair flight from LBA to TFS this morning

murph
26-10-2013, 10:50
Murph you would know all about trust or should I say no trust you being in the most corrupt industry in the world the finance sector now there is an industry with no morals at all ( except your good self of course ):nono:

Very Harsh - and completely unnecessary!

I facilitate businesses, young and old, purchasing new machinery and equipment for that business, to supply goods and services, employing people and putting food on families plates.

Not sure how that is the ''most corrupt industry in the world''

Ridiculous and, quite frankly, rude statement, and personal attack on someone you don't know and have never even conversed with, let alone met!

kiwiphil
26-10-2013, 12:36

I facilitate businesses, young and old, purchasing new machinery and equipment for that business, to supply goods and services, employing people and putting food on families plates.

Ridiculous and, quite frankly, rude statement, and personal attack on someone you don't know and have never even conversed with, let alone met!

Sorry Murph, you may not have realized that it is a forum rule that all threads exceeding one page must include at least one personal attack. It was just your turn I'm guessing. Of course this in no way is expected to increase the page views and the adverts that get displayed ....

Susief
26-10-2013, 13:06
This brings up the age old bleating about the cost of this and cost of that, the cost that counts is the END cost and most times in my case at least they come out cheapest and I may have been lucky but have never been delayed or cancelled and as has been said may times stick to their rules and everything is good, but EVERYONE has the ultimate option if you don't like them don't use them. Long live Susie's uncle Mick:c2::c2:

AJ well said. If it wasn't for RA we wouldn't get out to Tenerife so often. Keep prices down to to other airlines!
I feel I'm being disloyal in Dec as going out with Easyjet and coming back with Flythomascook. Dates & times were my priority.
There are some real RA deals on flights from Man and Liverpool for end Nov early Dec. works out at under £40 return! Costs that to go on train to London.
Long live Uncle Mickey

kathml
26-10-2013, 14:10
I can't understand why people don't love ryanair I've always found them very cheap and very reliable as well as virtually always on time or early
Prices on board are in line with the likes of easyjet yet they never get the bad publicity Michael gets

Fivepence
26-10-2013, 14:23
I've used Ryanair loads to fly to Shannon and found them to be reliable and efficient.
If you have a problem with their service, don't use them.

My OH and I have actually flown return from Liverpool to Shannon for a total cost of 4p, although it was a few years ago.

Happy Days!

Susief
26-10-2013, 14:42
I can't understand why people don't love ryanair I've always found them very cheap and very reliable as well as virtually always on time or early
Prices on board are in line with the likes of easyjet yet they never get the bad publicity Michael gets

No me neither, they are so reliable and cheap.
It is usually people that haven't adhered to the rules and have been stung by extra charges.

ddoyle
26-10-2013, 18:49
Ryanair are charging way too much for flights from Ireland to Tenerife compared to what they charge for flights from the UK to Tenerife.

Angusjim
27-10-2013, 07:50

Murph you seem the very sensitive type I was not personally attacking you but find it amusing when anyone in the financial sector gets on the moral high ground about trust thats all I meant but if you want to read more into the post thats up to you

helhod
27-10-2013, 07:52
Love Ryanair Hubs out for 3 weeks Flying from Bournemouth £72 return i'm out for week for same price .Can't complain if it was not for the airline we would be having at least 5 trips a year over ,Mind you we don't need luggage thou this time hub is as taking drain roads out !! But got to be worth the £35

Angusjim
27-10-2013, 07:54
Sorry Murph, you may not have realized that it is a forum rule that all threads exceeding one page must include at least one personal attack. It was just your turn I'm guessing. Of course this in no way is expected to increase the page views and the adverts that get displayed ....

A mod in the making not sure what you are blabbering on about "increase page views and the adverts that get displayed"???

murph
28-10-2013, 02:21
Murph you seem the very sensitive type I was not personally attacking you but find it amusing when anyone in the financial sector gets on the moral high ground about trust thats all I meant but if you want to read more into the post thats up to you

Thanks for the apology - oh hold on, there wasnt one!!

Not sensitive - just don't appreciate the personal attack - that I ''read into'' your comment -

you would know all about trust or should I say no trust you being in the most corrupt industry in the world

tfs1
28-10-2013, 09:28
have Ryanair made a recent change in how they present the charges during a search ?

I'm sure in the past that when you do a search for flights and get the adult/child prices in the highlighted 'yellow' banner strip, this used to show ALL costs flight/fees/taxes etc ie the final price per person.

However, having booked and paid for some flights for the family yesterday I couldnt work out why it cost £35 more than the yellow banner showed when you took that price and x 5.

I did a trail booking and the Admin charge £7/€7 was the only mandatory charge not included in the yellow strip but did appear on the breakdown list of charges, which then showed the TOTAL cost - hence the missing £7 was found.

Sneeky very sneeky and I'm sure I would have spotted this in the past having booked many flights over the past year

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

tried to edit my previous post but wouldnt allow me for some reason, it didnt present the original text just a blank box.

On reflection I may have been lucky and booked all previous flights where the Admin fee has been £0.0 which would have made the yellow box and the total the same amount.

tfs1
30-10-2013, 17:10
re my previous post regarding admin fees not being included in the headline price.

Someone must have also noticed this as it has now been changed to what it was before and the 'yellow banner' price has all fees/charges/taxes etc etc including the admin fee (if applicable)

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

ryanair stuff to help customers

http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-unveils-improved-website-and-digital-service-to-customers

barryk
19-11-2013, 10:18
Absolutely not!!!!!!!!!

They have just been voted worse company for customer service.

Easyjet have just announced 50% increase in profit

RA have issued a profit warning

The share holders may be asking some uncomfortable question for MOL
Enjoy while you can they will be back to there old tricks when this storm passes

Barryk

fixer
19-11-2013, 11:19
Not getting soft just paid £140 for two cases if you take it most people will now take the option off booking seats at £5 to guarantee you sit together it all about getting more cash out off customers.

sunseeker
19-11-2013, 14:10
£140? You couldve got another couple of flights for that. :eek:

BoPeep
19-11-2013, 18:01
I've never seen pre bookable seats for £5. We pay £15 (or euros) per booked seat and that appears to be going down to £10 at the beginning of Feb next year unless the website is incorrect.

All seats will be allocated next year.

delderek
19-11-2013, 19:27
You may find this study interesting:

Who's The Cheapest: Average Prices of Flights
List of low-cost airlines according to the average ticket price.

Airline Average ticket price (in EUR)
Ryanair 58.45
Wizz Air 60.74
Pegasus Airlines 63.19
Blue Air 65.45
easyJet 72.97
Air One 80.00
Volotea 88.75
flybe 89.84
Vueling 95.01
Eurolot 97.05
HOP! 110.62
germanwings 111.18
Transavia 112.05
airBaltic 114.25
Meridiana 121.27
Norwegian Air Shuttle 133.70
Monarch Airlines 147.49
Jet2 148.95
WOW air 163.04
Fly Thomas Cook 184.76

Who's The Cheapest: Total Price Including Fees
List of low-cost airlines according to the average total price (20 kg baggage and transaction fees included). *

Airline Total price
(in EUR)
Pegasus Airlines 63.19
Wizz Air 75.74
Blue Air 82.45
Ryanair 83.45
easyJet 89.97
Air One 91.00
Eurolot 97.05
Volotea 103.75
Vueling 108.01
flybe 111.84
Meridiana 121.27
germanwings 123.68
Transavia 132.05
airBaltic 140.23
HOP! 140.62
Norwegian Air Shuttle 142.70
Monarch Airlines 159.48
Jet2 165.45
WOW air 189.39
Fly Thomas Cook 206.76

kathml
19-11-2013, 21:04
So if you travel with hand luggage only it appears ryanair are the cheapest

JaBBa
19-11-2013, 21:38
So if you travel with hand luggage only it appears ryanair are the cheapest

Thats all i'll be taking in 11 days time....lol

BoPeep
20-11-2013, 19:43
I dont see the average price list helps a lot, you can usually only go from your closest airport and they may not have all the carriers anyway!

polremy
25-11-2013, 17:40
Is that the average price from all airports in England to Tenerife South?