PDA

View Full Version : Other Green parrot in Golf?

rosemary
25-10-2013, 19:33
Today in Golf del Sur I had a visitor on my terrace. Screeching loudly for about 3 or 4 minutes a small bright green parrot with yellow ringed eyes. I think he was looking for a mate.

Do they live around the golf course maybe? Anyone else seen any? Or was he lost?

primrose
25-10-2013, 19:38
Today in Golf del Sur I had a visitor on my terrace. Screeching loudly for about 3 or 4 minutes a small bright green parrot with yellow ringed eyes. I think he was looking for a mate.

Do they live around the golf course maybe? Anyone else seen any? Or was he lost?

There are lot's of them all around the South. We had some that came every night and helped themselves to the Figs that were on the tree, about a foot from our window.

imablue
25-10-2013, 20:02
Travel down to Las Galletas..there,s a Pink Parrot there... on the promenade ..:D

lynnangela
27-10-2013, 11:21
Ive seen that green parrot many times outside my terrace on San Andres on GDS, last year there were definitely 2 of them but this year there has just been the one. What part of GDS are you on?

rosemary
27-10-2013, 11:25
Facing the Alicur site, unfortunately! Above the Aberdeen Steak House and Dabda bar.

I DO hope he hasn'tlost his mate!

Margaretta
27-10-2013, 19:53
We've seen them in the North too in Plaza del Charco. Here in the UK the Kent farmers are angry because flocks of them attack the fruit. I've seen them here in our garden and in a tree in a London Park!
It is quite exciting that such exotic birds can now live in cooler climates but I feel sorry for the fruit farmers who also have trouble with bullfinches, another attractive bird species.

marbro8
27-10-2013, 20:43
we saw some a couple of years ago outside the vista sur in las americas, we thought they had escaped from somewhere?

Chayofa Tete
28-10-2013, 14:24
we saw some a couple of years ago outside the vista sur in las americas, we thought they had escaped from somewhere?If you look and listen the south has loads of parrots particularly near the sea front they screech pretty loud so hard to miss.

Susief
28-10-2013, 14:34
We have a family of about 8 or 9 at Camping Nauta, make a noise sat in the trees.

Ecky Thump
28-10-2013, 14:54
A local man in Santa Cruz was seen by a policeman with a green parrot in his car and he told the man that he should take it to Loro Parque a week later the policeman saw the same man with the parrot still in his car, the policeman said "I told you to take that parrot to Loro Parque" the man replied "I did and we had such a good time that today I'm taking him to the beach!!"
:crylaughing:

rosemary
28-10-2013, 15:58
:laugh:
A local man in Santa Cruz was seen by a policeman with a green parrot in his car and he told the man that he should take it to Loro Parque a week later the policeman saw the same man with the parrot still in his car, the policeman said "I told you to take that parrot to Loro Parque" the man replied "I did and we had such a good time that today I'm taking him to the beach!!"

:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

marbro8
28-10-2013, 20:06
We have a family of about 8 or 9 at Camping Nauta, make a noise sat in the trees.why only on a saturday?:laugh::eyebrows:

sundownersvince
28-10-2013, 20:17
Think they may be Lovebirds, had a couple once.

rosemary
28-10-2013, 20:36
Are lovebirds parrots? mine definitely was a parrot. Looking for his lost love though.

sundownersvince
28-10-2013, 20:42
Yep, look the same. Bigger than a budgie. Google it, I'm no good at links.

rosemary
28-10-2013, 20:50
Ah thanks sundowners. I had a look and mine was a parrot. Those love birds have softer looking feathers and a yellow or red breast. They are sooo adorable.
Mine was def a bit mean looking with yellow rings around his beady black eyes. And all green.

sundownersvince
28-10-2013, 20:56
Parrots used to fly round the Central Square in Puerto de la Cruz but not been there for a while.

candy2411
29-10-2013, 10:25
Love to see these birds, they are ringneck parakeets, and there are flocks of them living at the tops of palm trees in Silencio.

rosemary
29-10-2013, 10:42
Love to see these birds, they are ringneck parakeets, and there are flocks of them living at the tops of palm trees in Silencio.
Ah yes.parakeets.....of course. I remember my brother bringing one back home from his first trip at sea with Shell Oil....my mother couldn't bear birds in cages so it flew around the living room and tore the wallpaper. It had to go. To Bristol zoo. We used to visit it.