PDA

View Full Version : Relocation What's it like living on Camping Nauta in a mobile home in Tenerife?

bronte
29-10-2013, 15:59
Hi we are thinking of buying a mobile home and settling down on camp Naute with our two dogs. Can anyone tell me what it is like there. Is the beach sand or gravel?:)

Susief
29-10-2013, 19:29
Hi we are thinking of buying a mobile home and settling down on camp Naute with our two dogs. Can anyone tell me what it is like there. Is the beach sand or gravel?:)

We have 2 caravans on Camping Nauta (one for sale).
It's a great place. People are friendly. There's a great little bar on site.
The beach would be at Las Galletas which is about 5 mins in car. It's mainly gravel type.
You need a car though as a bit in the sticks.
If I can help you further please PM me.

delderek
29-10-2013, 19:51
The beach would be at Las Galletas which is about 5 mins in car. It's mainly gravel type.

Mmn. Then another 10 min to park especially weekends.

Susief
29-10-2013, 20:03
Mmn. Then another 10 min to park especially weekends.

We have never had problems parking in Las Galletas. If you can't get on the front near the harbour then there is a dirt car park just around the corner.
We love spending time down there.

warbey
29-10-2013, 21:13

I think You need ten Posts to qualify to P.M.

Susief
29-10-2013, 21:24
I think You need ten Posts to qualify to P.M.

Thanks Warbey hadn't realised that.

Bronte if you can't pm then post any questions on this thread?

candy2411
29-10-2013, 22:03
I've never had a problem parking in Las Galletas , yes the town can get busy but there's plenty of parking on several hard ground areas around if you can't find a space on the main road. Wonderful to be able to park up and not have to pay !

Susief
29-10-2013, 22:35
I've never had a problem parking in Las Galletas , yes the town can get busy but there's plenty of parking on several hard ground areas around if you can't find a space on the main road. Wonderful to be able to park up and not have to pay !

It's a wonderful place. Love sitting on the front.

candy2411
30-10-2013, 09:26
I love the place too, there are some lovely bars around the new harbour and every time I visit there are new shops in the town, improving all the time.

Susief
30-10-2013, 10:57
I love the place too, there are some lovely bars around the new harbour and every time I visit there are new shops in the town, improving all the time.

We love going to the Mexican on the harbour! Lemon Margaritas!
Just got to make sure if you want to visit shops you don't go in afternoon as they shut for siesta.

candy2411
30-10-2013, 13:12
I love the bar on the corner of the harbour overlooking the boatyard....got great comfy chairs...do great Mojitos !!

Susief
30-10-2013, 15:01
I love the bar on the corner of the harbour overlooking the boatyard....got great comfy chairs...do great Mojitos !!

We should set up a Las Galletas appreciation society! haha. It's one of my fav places in Tenerife and only a 5 min drive for us. Takes about 15 mins on bikes and 45 mins to walk.

candy2411
30-10-2013, 19:35
I'm about 15 minute walk as my place is in Silencio. It's one of my favourite places for sure, its not as busy as Los Cristianos and doesn't have the glitz of Americas but that's the attraction of it.It's quite different retaining still a Canarian influence and much cheaper bar prices than the aforementioned. I don't know anywhere you can get quality food and drink at such low prices AND have a great sea-view.

Maybe we shouldn't big it up too much,it may get too busy !!

Susief
30-10-2013, 21:36
I'm about 15 minute walk as my place is in Silencio. It's one of my favourite places for sure, its not as busy as Los Cristianos and doesn't have the glitz of Americas but that's the attraction of it.It's quite different retaining still a Canarian influence and much cheaper bar prices than the aforementioned. I don't know anywhere you can get quality food and drink at such low prices AND have a great sea-view.

Maybe we shouldn't big it up too much,it may get too busy !!

Sshhh! Don't want hoards of people going to it! haha.
When are you next out?

andy pandy
30-10-2013, 21:50
We have holidayed all over the island of Tenerife and we spent a month at Costa Del Silencio in May and we visited Las Gallates many times. We loved the people and the shops there and preferred it to the tourist areas. In fact we are looking to move permently to Tenerife as we have found the people there ever so friendly plus we want to get away from the weather here in the UK :hi:

candy2411
30-10-2013, 21:52
Saturday for a week and then another trip end of November.....just can't resist Ryanair's low prices!!

Susief
30-10-2013, 22:09
We have holidayed all over the island of Tenerife and we spent a month at Costa Del Silencio in May and we visited Las Gallates many times. We loved the people and the shops there and preferred it to the tourist areas. In fact we are looking to move permently to Tenerife as we have found the people there ever so friendly plus we want to get away from the weather here in the UK :hi:

Well done AP, when you say to people the word Tenerife they just think of Los Cris or PDLA , but there are some great not as populated places like Costa del Silencio and Las Galletas.

sparkie10
21-11-2013, 20:12
I see that your caravan is for sale, can you give me more details on this please

Susief
21-11-2013, 20:31
I see that your caravan is for sale, can you give me more details on this please

I'll PM you some details

Susief
13-03-2014, 08:47
Bronte did you buy on CN?

Susief
29-11-2014, 09:33
Saturday for a week and then another trip end of November.....just can't resist Ryanair's low prices!!

Are you out there this week Candy?

candy2411
29-11-2014, 17:24
Are you out there this week Candy?

certainly am !! but only till Tuesday unfortunately .....

admin
29-11-2014, 17:44
I think You need ten Posts to qualify to P.M.I don't know why everyone keeps saying this. You do not need 10 posts to PM. You are allowed 1 or 2 PMs as a newbie, so even someone with 0 posts can send or receive a PM about a job or anything of interest. The limit is set low, however, so that spammers can't signup and spam via PM without having made a post. It is functional for genuine needs, but not for spammers. Once a member reaches 10 posts, however, their PM capacity increases significantly to about 50 PMs if I remember correctly.

ALL members can use the PM facility from day one of joining the forum.

Thanks.

warbey
29-11-2014, 21:03
I don't know why everyone keeps saying this. You do not need 10 posts to PM. You are allowed 1 or 2 PMs as a newbie, so even someone with 0 posts can send or receive a PM about a job or anything of interest. The limit is set low, however, so that spammers can't signup and spam via PM without having made a post. It is functional for genuine needs, but not for spammers. Once a member reaches 10 posts, however, their PM capacity increases significantly to about 50 PMs if I remember correctly.

ALL members can use the PM facility from day one of joining the forum.

Thanks.

So I was partly right in October 2013. You qualify after ten Posts as I said but allowed One or POSSIBLY two from Joining prior to reaching Ten.

I think that's why Everyone says this. I note the Joining Allowance, but is it One or Two?