PDA

View Full Version : Other Has anyone tried the Restaurant Bambi, Puerto de la Cruz?

curriegirl
01-11-2013, 18:18
Has anyone tried the Romanian restaurant called Bambi in puerto de la cruz?
On Trip Advisor, it is 2nd out of 188 restaurants in Puerto, Tambo coming in 1st.
I have tried Tambo and it does deserve its rating.
Would love to hear about Bambi as it appears to open on Christmas Day.
I have been searching around for some nice restaurants for the festive season.

melm
01-11-2013, 20:21
On Trip Advisor, it is 2nd out of 188 restaurants in Puerto, Tambo coming in 1st.

Sorry I have never eaten there but this rating always confused me a little. It looks nice and clean from the outside but it is never very busy anytime we have passed by.

Megaloo
01-11-2013, 22:00
I think La Boheime will be open Christmas Day, not a Christmas menu maybe but some good dishes from their ordinary menu.

Have never eaten in Bambi is that just off the Aveneda? Near or underneath what was the Bambi Hotel ?

anto3
01-11-2013, 22:11
Funny you say that. Went there two nights when I was in the north awhile ago. both nights it was empty so did not enter, found a fab Italian named Don Camillo, cannot wait to go back. Best meal I ever had in Tenerife.

melm
01-11-2013, 23:13
I think La Boheime will be open Christmas Day, not a Christmas menu maybe but some good dishes from their ordinary menu.

Have never eaten in Bambi is that just off the Aveneda? Near or underneath what was the Bambi Hotel ?

Your right Megaloo under the Bambi apartments. Reading the reviews it does sound good????????

In our experience some of the restaurants put on a festive menu with many courses and a large price tag....check price when booking would be my advice.

A couple of years ago we went to a nice restaurant on new years eve. It was a special menu of 5 or 6 courses. Nice as it was it took all night to serve .............my grandchildren were bored and I ended up taking them out to the festivities going on in the Plaza.
This cost approx. 55euros per person.

Rodders
02-11-2013, 11:04

Like others have said on here. We have passed the Bambi in the last couple of years, and it always seemed lacking people dinning there. We did eat there many moons ago, and the food was good, but I think this place has changed hands at least once since then.

El Monesterio is great restaurant, all be it is in Los Realejos.

curriegirl
03-11-2013, 12:20
Like others have said on here. We have passed the Bambi in the last couple of years, and it always seemed lacking people dinning there. We did eat there many moons ago, and the food was good, but I think this place has changed hands at least once since then.

El Monesterio is great restaurant, all be it is in Los Realejos.

Thanks all for the information. It have emailed la Boheme about their Christmas menu but not heard back. I might give the Bambi a miss if it is always empty. We might try it at the. End of Novemeber but not for Christmas Day. Don't want to be the only ones there. We have also tried the Italian one mentioned and it was very good, but we have eaten there a lot.
Monasterio, we have also tried but only for coffee and cake. Los Realejos is actually good for us as we live nearby.
Titos is closed or we may have gone there.
We will wait and see if la Boheme get back to us.

Thanks for all your help.
Curriegirl

pantich
29-11-2013, 20:53
By far, my favorite Romanian restaurant! I tried the succulent Transylvania goulash and the risotto with duck and mushrooms. Goulash was really excellent ! Why this restaurant isn't full every night I can't understand.

marbro8
29-11-2013, 21:00
i have never tried the restaurant bambi but i have tried bambi in a restaurant:lol::lol:, so sorry for hijacking your thread;)

judetenerife
29-11-2013, 22:50
ive been to bambi and tambo. i recommend both and i even left a review on trip advisor for bambi. i couldnt fault it at all but it does depend if its your type of food. it hasnt changed hands, the same owners, the wife is the chef and the front of house guy is the husband. we were there in sept and it was busy, he has a lot of local spanish customers and they eat late on so they wont be busy at say 8pm

Megaloo
30-11-2013, 00:39
Thanks all for the information. It have emailed la Boheme about their Christmas menu but not heard back. I might give the Bambi a miss if it is always empty. We might try it at the. End of Novemeber but not for Christmas Day. Don't want to be the only ones there. We have also tried the Italian one mentioned and it was very good, but we have eaten there a lot.
Monasterio, we have also tried but only for coffee and cake. Los Realejos is actually good for us as we live nearby.
Titos is closed or we may have gone there.
We will wait and see if la Boheme get back to us.

Thanks for all your help.
Curriegirl

You may be better to telephone La Boheime I have the number I can let you have it, they never give me the impression that they would be on a computer very much but could be wrong:D