PDA

View Full Version : Charity Do you need to register prior to doing the Walk For Life?

Foz
02-11-2013, 19:07
Did anyone here do the Walk for Life event last year? I'm looking for info on whether you need to register before the event or just on the day? Do you buy the pink tshirts on the day or prior to the event? Do you get sponsorship forms so that folk sponsor you of is the entire event just sponsored by companies? Any ideas?

primrose
02-11-2013, 19:13
Did anyone here do the Walk for Life event last year? I'm looking for info on whether you need to register before the event or just on the day? Do you buy the pink tshirts on the day or prior to the event? Do you get sponsorship forms so that folk sponsor you of is the entire event just sponsored by companies? Any ideas?

http://www.canarianweekly.com/walk-life/ Phone number and name for more details at the end of the article.

Foz
02-11-2013, 19:19
Thanks Primrose I'll give then a ring on Monday. Hopefully this year will be just as well attended.

Foz
23-11-2013, 10:18
How many of us are talkking part in the walk?

Saltnpepper
23-11-2013, 17:35
I'll be there along with 3 or 4 friends! 2 of us did it last year & really enjoyed it. There was a really good atmosphere & drummer bands at the front & back & it was a lovely day which helped. Foz - I don't know about the sponsorship part of it, we didn't do it for that - we went along half an hour or so before the start, we registered there, paid 2 euros & got the choice of a cap or a T-shirt, along with a free bottle of water. At the end they also gave out a piece of fruit & a yogurt! Great fun, would urge anyone to take part :)

Foz
24-11-2013, 09:31
Yes it seems to be more about raising Awareness. I'll be there with a friend too .... Should be a good day xxx