PDA

View Full Version : Do Norwegian Air have a self service check in desk at south Tenerife airport?

terraloon
03-11-2013, 12:31
We are due over in a week or two for our 6 month blast of wonderful Tenerife.

For the first time we are flying with Norwegian air . Norwegian Airs website isn't 100% clear and I am a little too tight to phone their call centre in Oslo so can any of you help me as I am trying to establish if they have self service check in at TFS?

Oh and we normally do our sterling /euro exchange whilst in Tenerife but the Money shop in the UK seems to be giving top rates (yesterday it was 1.16 per £) so my second question is what is the current rate over there?

Thanks

theslaters
03-11-2013, 13:16
1.15€ last 2 weeks
We flew over with Norwegian airlines FANTASTIC service plan new and clean just booked again for next Oct 39.99 each .
Not sure about return as we are flying back squeezyjet.

delderek
03-11-2013, 13:42
We are due over in a week or two for our 6 month blast of wonderful Tenerife.

For the first time we are flying with Norwegian air . Norwegian Airs website isn't 100% clear and I am a little too tight to phone their call centre in Oslo so can any of you help me as I am trying to establish if they have self service check in at TFS?

Oh and we normally do our sterling /euro exchange whilst in Tenerife but the Money shop in the UK seems to be giving top rates (yesterday it was 1.16 per £) so my second question is what is the current rate over there?

Thanks

I don't think TFS has any self service check in kiosks, Or if they have it's very recent. You can of course check-in online, but if you have hold luggage, no real advantage.

beekay
03-11-2013, 15:50
I don't think TFS has any self service check in kiosks, Or if they have it's very recent. You can of course check-in online, but if you have hold luggage, no real advantage.

We flew back to Gatwick from TFS with Norwegian Air in September this year and we couldn't check-in online. There were no self service check-in kiosks -- we just joined the queue at the Norwegian Air check-in desks.

terraloon
03-11-2013, 15:55
Thanks as usual folks.

delderek
03-11-2013, 19:12
We flew back to Gatwick from TFS with Norwegian Air in September this year and .we couldn't check-in online There were no self service check-in kiosks -- we just joined the queue at the Norwegian Air check-in desks.

That's interesting the site says you can check-in 24 hours ahead. So what went wrong?

beekay
03-11-2013, 19:40
It wasn't available when we returned from TFS Del, well to my knowledge it wasn't but I have looked at the website and you are right - apparently you can check in online!! But it also says that you can check in with their self-service kiosks, but I didn't see one at TFS - perhaps both facilities are now available ?

Anyway, we were very impressed with the service that they provided. Nice and clean everywhere on board, nice comfortable seats (we had extra leg room) and bang on with everything else.

earwig
05-11-2013, 19:34
hi all, we are booked with norwegian air for the 1st time and are still a bit confused... can anyone help please?
their website does nothing to explain check in procedure in detail.. do they send out any paperwork to
present at check-in? i have the app on my phone and on it is a mobile ticket, is that all you need? and what
about check in TFS on return? any help would be appreciated... thanks

terraloon
05-11-2013, 19:42
Hi earwig

I am glad its not just me

First off, if not already done, you will need to go to their website and log on using your email address as user name. You have to register your passport details and when so doing you will be able to view your bookings.

We fly out on 26 November and I am going to print off my booking details to enable self service book in at Gatwick and then to present at the check in desk at TFS for our return.

delderek
05-11-2013, 19:52
hi all, we are booked with norwegian air for the 1st time and are still a bit confused... can anyone help please?
their website does nothing to explain check in procedure in detail.. do they send out any paperwork to
present at check-in? i have the app on my phone and on it is a mobile ticket, is that all you need? and what
about check in TFS on return? any help would be appreciated... thanks

You can download your boarding pass on your mobile, which is fine for Gatwick. But not TFS, They were two years behind to even accept your own printed boarding pass. Goodness knows how long before they accept electronic ones on your phone.

You will need to print your boarding pass 24 hours before you fly from TFS, but if you have hold luggage, you might just as well join the queue at the check-in desk.

earwig
05-11-2013, 19:54
hi terra loon thanks for your amazingly quick response, can i book in with my mobile phone app do you know?

beekay
05-11-2013, 20:04
Hi Earwig,

I book my flights with Norwegion Air online using my laptop. They don't send me any paperwork, but they do send me PDF's by email containing my travel documents for outbound and inbound. I print them off and take them to the airport and go to the check-in desk. This is simple enough for me.

However, I have not used my iPhone to book with Norwegian Air as it looked a bit complicated so I cannot help you, but I hope that someone else on here can help you. You can always email Norwegian Air for help, or contact them by telephone.

Beekay

earwig
05-11-2013, 20:16
ok thanks a lot beekay, im sure it must be easy but it would help a lot if these airlines were to explain
things clearly instead of giving cryptic instructions

beekay
05-11-2013, 20:27
ok thanks a lot beekay, im sure it must be easy but it would help a lot if these airlines were to explain
things clearly instead of giving cryptic instructions

I agree with you Earwig, but you will love the flight and onboard service though - will make up for the hiccup beforehand.

Beekay